COVID 19 Opinion Poll/Survey

Skeptic7

COVID 19   

251 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

Infections way higher so death rate is lower. Doctors know this. Eliminate the sick, old, obese who dies? not many. Far less than roads. Like 1 day on the roads.

Well guess you're the type of person who doesn't care about anyone but yourself. Have a nice life.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Well guess you're the type of person who doesn't care about anyone but yourself. Have a nice life.

Quite the opposite. Your lockdowns are doing more harm. You are destroying the lives of millions of healthy people for nothing.

Reports suggest 200k kids may die also.

What for? To save fat people who ate junk for 30 years? Killing babies to save junk food people. Destroying family businesses.

And all you can say is have a nice life?

Obviously don't care about anyone else.

Edited by UbonThani
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Possibly so...although I think that the "individualistic" bit is often overstated-I sometimes substitute the word "narcissistic" instead...

I have certainly been impressed by the amount of "social glue" I have observed amongst some Asian cultures wheras there is very little of this in the West except in more recently arrived migrant cultures..and that does diminish over time.

Nevertheless I have certainly been impressed by the "Dunkirk" spirit on display as the UK gets behind Captain Tom Moore and have been equally impressed by the "Tobruk" spirit being displayed by my fellow Australians-they seem quieter,better mannered and less given to agressive rancour at the moment-long may that last..

"narcissistic " is a good word to describe them,  flavored with a hefty dose of ignorance .  two conditions that go hand in hand. I guess how can someone know themselves if they don't know anything else.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UbonThani said:

Quite the opposite. Your lockdowns are doing more harm. You are destroying the lives of millions of healthy people for nothing.

What for? To save fat people who ate junk for 30 years? Killing babies to save junk food people. Destroying family businesses.

How strange......????

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UbonThani said:

Again you seem to miss something obvious. If these restrictions i.e. PPE's, NPI's, test, test, test, identify, isolate and trace were not in place the situation would be much, much worse. "Reports suggest 200k kids may die also". You have obviously seen theses reports and I and maybe others would also like to see them. Please add link.

13 minutes ago, chessman said:

Deliberate manipulation from AussieBob about this article. The number of dead are most likely being under-reported almost everywhere. That is what happens during viruses.

NYT article you just quoted to me in another thread deliberately overstated them - 3700 over-stated.

I call this guy out as a Troll

#instablock as James Woods says. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AussieBob18 said:

NYT article you just quoted to me in another thread deliberately overstated them - 3700 over-stated.

are doctors having to make difficult decisions about the cause of deaths? Of course. 

but

The currently reported death toll is very likely to be a big underestimation.

Already in Italy you can compare overall deaths in March 2019 and March 2020. The overall deaths in Northern Italy in March 2020 are much higher than overall deaths in March 2019 plus reported Covid 19 deaths.

Funerals in Jakarta jumped by 40% in March 2020. The small number of reported Covid -19 deaths in Indonesia cannot explain this jump.

during the swine flu pandemic of 2009/10 the ‘official’ total of deaths is much lower than most experts believe. Studies that looked at death data and patterns showed that the real number of deaths was likely several times higher than that official total.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, UbonThani said:

This is satire, right? The measures to prevent virus spread are necessary, despite the economic pain. In Australia and HK people understand that and have no wish to see older relatives and friends suffer and die. That`s why we have lower numbers of new virus cases than in countries where ignorance or denial sadly dominate.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, sirineou said:

I believe Asians are more social because they are forced to live in close proximity to each other, and submit to authority more easily    , where westerners are more individualistic and less willing to submit to authority.  Both attitudes have their own survival value, but in this instance the Asiatic attitude is more conducive towards a positive outcome 

China 1,4 billion people  4642 reported deaths 

USA  328 million people 34642 reported  deaths 

Now I realise that the Chinese deaths are probably underreported but even if they were double .......

This might be the inflection point in the dominance between the two cultures. 

Two vary manipulated numbers, with opposing agendas. One wants to save face and deflect responsibility, the other is driven by power politics and an insatiable lust for relief dollars. ????

8 hours ago, AussieBob18 said:

Fudged? Deliberate manipulation!

The N.Y.C. Death Toll went past 10,000 in Revised Virus Count because the Dems in control of the City added more than 3,700 additional people who were presumed to have died of the coronavirus but had never tested positive.  That is right - added to the death toll but never tested positive.

Quote: "New York City, already a world epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak, sharply increased its death toll by more than 3,700 victims on Tuesday, after officials said they were now including people who had never tested positive for the virus but were presumed to have died of it. The new figures, released by the city’s Health Department, drove up the number of people killed in New York City to more than 10,000, and appeared to increase the overall United States death count by 17 percent to more than 26,000."

"Three thousand more people died in New York City between March 11 and April 13 than would have been expected during the same time period in an ordinary year, Dr. Oxiris Barbot, the commissioner of the city Health Department, said in an interview. While these so-called excess deaths were not explicitly linked to the virus, they might not have happened had the outbreak not occurred, in part because it overwhelmed the normal health care system."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/14/nyregion/new-york-coronavirus-deaths.html

If anyone ever doubted how low the Dems and their supporting media would go to make Trump look bad - there it is.

And for all those doubters who claimed that the Covid deaths reported are all definitely due to Covid, and the claims otherwise were conspiracy rubbish - there it is. 

It's not just NYC cooking the books. There's been several cities working the numbers. Because the bottom line is there's huge money in it. The politicians dont actually care if the terminally ill and or elderly perish, matter of fact, the more that do, the more relief dollars they'll receive. People in the US can plug their ears and yell all they want to ignore what's clearly happening in regards to inflated numbers, but the clear evidence is there either way. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Sujo said:

Well you dont get the virus from a cinema either but they are closed.

Beaches are closed because large crowds gather on beaches to enjoy the sun and surf etc. So going to the beach is not essential travel and will result in being crowded.

Stay home.

No beaches in my home ...

Edited by elliss