Thailand doubling poultry exports to China, targeting Bt12bn revenue

snoop1130

Thailand doubling poultry exports to China, targeting Bt12bn revenue

By The Nation

800_c05073fa20afe35.jpg

Chalermchai Sri-on

The Agriculture Ministry will expand the market for Thai chicken in China after approving eight new meat-processing plants which will generate Bt12 billion a year to aid Thailand’s economic recovery.

Chalermchai Sri-on, Agriculture and Cooperatives Minister, said today (April 17) that the Chinese customs authority, GACC, had registered seven new chicken slaughterhouses and one frozen chicken factory in China, adding to 15 existing bases.

GACC approved standards at the Thai slaughterhouses after an inspection from September 7-14, 2019.

“Even though several businesses have been affected by Covid-19, pork and chicken markets in China remain stable, and Thailand needs to look for new markets as protectionism might increase in the future. This might turn a crisis into an opportunity for Thai agriculture.” Chalermchai said.

Sorawit Thanito, director-general of the Department of Livestock Development, said that after the Covid-19 crisis eased, global demand for food would rise and Thailand had to act quickly to reach new markets.

The Thai chicken meat industry meets standards in China, Japan and the European Union.

Last year, Thailand exported 65,420 tonnes of poultry meat to China, worth Bt5.64 billion, while this year that figure is expected to reach Bt12 billion, said Sorawit.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386257

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-17

47 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Last year, Thailand exported 65,420 tonnes of poultry meat to China, worth Bt5.64 billion, while this year that figure is expected to reach Bt12 billion

8 mths of the year left and they are gonna double the money over last year .. How's that gonna work .. double the chickens or double the price .? another statement for the daftness scrapbook .. 

• Like 2

The main article made no mention of the owners or the companies.  I'd like to contact one of them at least to see if they would like to take, free, the 40 or so chickens and 10 roosters that roam around in our yard.  I hate the mongrel things, they even have the audacity to krap in my shed if the roller door is open and I am not there.

Edited by Grumpy John
smelling