Need a second hand car for Thai citizen for 140000 baht

Neole

Hello,

I need to buy a second hand car for a Thai citizen for a budget within 140000. Car needs to have proper paperwork obviously.

Is it possible to get a decent car in this budget? Where should I look? 

(She stays in Nakhon Sawan but is currently in Ubon Rachathani and will be travelling back in a few days through Bangkok)

Significant point to consider: Who pays for the repairs?

A car worth 140,000 baht is more than likely going to require a great deal of maintenance to keep it running. 

There are plenty available for this price, it would take a good mechanic to check them out with any degree of confidence. 

Lots of Cars on this website.

https://www.one2car.com/en/cars-for-sale?max_price=200000

Sticking to a very common vehicle with a ready supply of cheap spares would be ideal - Toyota would be the obvious go to choice. 

Edited by richard_smith237

Would it be too an impertinent question to ask, is said "Thai Citizen" everso slightly  financially disadvantaged?
Ah good then. I shall let you have my late 2019 AMG C class Mercedes for 140,000Bt.  Due to seeing the error of my ways thanks to all these jolly nice chaps here on the forum.  Please feel free to PM me.
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Distaceful as it is, only a cheap sarcastic dig at a few on here. Alcohol and boredom induced, sorry no excuse. I'd need a lot more money to ever justify MB prices here.  

Seriously I do know of a very nice clean Farang owned Honda City (or Jazz  not sure) 1 owner it's a 2009, quite near to you, up in Khon Kaen, a friend mines wife's be around 180-200,000Bht though?!?

12 hours ago, 19DL86 said:
Would it be too an impertinent question to ask, is said "Thai Citizen" everso slightly  financially disadvantaged?
Ah good then. I shall let you have my late 2019 AMG C class Mercedes for 140,000Bt.  Due to seeing the error of my ways thanks to all these jolly nice chaps here on the forum.  Please feel free to PM me.

Edited by Andy from Kent

This is probably a great time to buy a 2nd hand motor.. Unfortunate as it is, people are selling due to severe lack of funds !!

You might get a Vios or Jazz but at that price it will be old and in bad shape. 250k minimum for something in reasonable condition I would say.

Mazda , Suzuki, or Nissan maybe but more likely a manual trans at that price point... Auto will be more expensive generally.

11 minutes ago, transam said:

For that sort of money I suppose means an oldish ride. The most reliable ride mechanically, I reckon, is a Toyota.

ADA87675-4090-4644-9AA5-54F452FBF407.jpeg

141712AE-F0AF-416A-9A00-41378AF55906.jpeg

939F921C-13C0-45A0-BB4C-2387A2A6C8EB.jpeg

F89FB790-7B1D-42DC-BB03-28F3163A9396.jpeg

0F3668C4-37AD-42CB-BBC0-D28E1B556E8A.jpeg

A3AD8836-B4A7-4472-964D-A6F6024577A4.jpeg

34F7F42F-FE11-42EB-8EA8-B804496BBD74.jpeg

A2C4C1F5-1ACE-45A1-AAFB-9F069702AECB.jpeg

C4AEF365-FA97-471E-9922-049F14335E6C.jpeg

FC3469E2-236B-4A2C-A562-629323437794.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, essox essox said:

all motors these days are very good.....

Oh no their not.......Toyota is streets ahead in the mechanical longevity department..Why do you think Toyota is worth more than any car manufacturer....? History of reliability...

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Oh no their not.......Toyota is streets ahead in the mechanical longevity department..Why do you think Toyota is worth more than any car manufacturer....? History of reliability...

i have a triton.....never had any problems really....and it is 13 yrs old...my old friend, dead now had a G wagon 120k on the clock....he never had any problems either...tis a mater of personal choice...i close my comments now....am not going to get into a debate on here.....

10 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

This is probably a great time to buy a 2nd hand motor.. Unfortunate as it is, people are selling due to severe lack of funds !!

You might get a Vios or Jazz but at that price it will be old and in bad shape. 250k minimum for something in reasonable condition I would say.

Mazda , Suzuki, or Nissan maybe but more likely a manual trans at that price point... Auto will be more expensive generally.

100% correct Cornish. 

I have friend in phuket, business broken, want to sell 40 van. 

Nobody want. Not sell one.

Many camry now other guys want to sell. They can not pay the loan. Because no customer. Some is 1-2 old. Half the price can not sell. Nobody want.

if wait 2 more month, there be SO many sell, nobody buy sure. 

Cornish win Yinn POTY “Smart Foreigner Today Award” 

Congratulations Cornish!

5 minutes ago, essox essox said:

i have a triton.....never had any problems really....and it is 13 yrs old...my old friend, dead now had a G wagon 120k on the clock....he never had any problems either...tis a mater of personal choice...i close my comments now....am not going to get into a debate on here.....

Be careful the new Everest and Ranger Ford.

Have problem with the auto gear. Expansive fix it. Can not fix well.

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, essox essox said:

I really get **ssed off when some idiot posts something like this !!!

Has he/she never HEARD OF SECOND HAND car DEALERS  ??????

Note to self:   stay at least 2 meters away from essox .    or is it essox essox ?  i really get

p**ssed off when people repeat the same thing

• Haha 1

Just now, Yinn said:

Be careful the new Everest and Ranger Ford.

Have problem with the auto gear. Expansive fix it. Can not fix well.

Yinn,  i read that Ranong has the most rain in Thailand.   Is it really so much rain that not

enjoyable to live there?

oh,  agree about Ford.     i not think new Ford cost only 140 k  baht

serious question about rain.  off topic i know.    

on topic:   my vote for toyota vios.   i have had two and they are trouble free.   have mechanic check out the car before you buy.    If can buy from first owner that is best

27 minutes ago, transam said:

Brand loyalty... Marketing... 

Mechanical longevity is only as good as electronic longevity these days.

Most common brands are as reliable as each other.

Edited by cornishcarlos
  • Like 2