Prayut appeals to the 20 richest Thais for help

snoop1130

16 minutes ago, time2093 said:

LOl....... I live in Issan and can assure you that even land owners here are struggling to live these days beyond any hi so living in a high rise in Bangkok......Don't think it was the old General Prayut who introduced Thailand's poor to the 30 bht universal medical scheme was it.

Never said it was, not defending Prayut, as you assume. And if you are in Isaan at the moment then you will notice that not much has changed, village markets operating, crops being sewn and animals being slaughtered.  It also wasn't Prayut that promoted  the Rice Subsidy Scheme.

Edited by BeltAndRoad
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 8

2 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

Hold on for a moment.

If the country are so rich, has so much reserves as we been told times after times, and the virus are on a downward trend why the need to Beg the 20 richest families for "resources" also known as money?

Can't afford to pay 5k for three months, rush open society 1 May, against the trends of many countries who extend lockdown, a lot doesn't make sense here.

I already disabled my western logic and common sense, still I look like this

web-puzzled-man-scratching-head-retro-everett-collection-shutterstock_91956314.j.jpg

even without counting billions in subsidies, the economy is shut down and

the economy is going backwards, its not just poor people, its the state and businesses

are going bankrupt, this will take many years to recover from

36 minutes ago, Forza2002 said:

If the govt. doesn't have billions of dollars in reserve how can they continually prop up the baht?

Prop it up against which currency, "hope springs eternal"? 

1 hour ago, Forza2002 said:

If the govt. doesn't have billions of dollars in reserve how can they continually prop up the baht?

Is it possible the reserves that are propping up the baht are in private accounts? ???? Not everyone is a struggling expat pensioner you know.

Edited by PatOngo
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Welcome, ‘Belt and Road’ who joined March 9th. Not the most subtle username, but It’s a username all the same. 

Good to read about how Thai people are very family orientated and take care of each other financially. Quick question: why aren’t the government practicing what the preach? 

i don't understand your question, are you asking why the Thai Government aren't taking care of the people as a family should?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, BeltAndRoad said:

i don't understand your question, are you asking why the Thai Government aren't taking care of the people as a family should?

Yes, they tell their citizens that they’re brothers and sisters. That Thais are one big family. So, why not set good examples?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Welcome, ‘Belt and Road’ who joined March 9th. Not the most subtle username, but It’s a username all the same. 

Good to read about how Thai people are very family orientated and take care of each other financially. Quick question: why aren’t the government practicing what the preach? 

Yes "Belt and Road" is a username, though i'am having trouble in deciphering yours. I'm guessing your a Brit and Kid at heart?

31 minutes ago, BeltAndRoad said:

Yes right, because Thais have their own family, a government is for the purpose of supplying infrastructure and not much more. It's not to be used as a tit to be suckled on in times of peril.  Difficult for westerners to understand as they would be lost without their big brother

OK. Maybe

Edited by holy cow cm
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, time2093 said:

At least Thaksin helped the poor, cant say the same to this one who's in office.

did he actually improve standards of living and lift many poor out of poverty? he bribed many at election time and he threw some cash at the poor via populist policies, but can you name any capital investment projects that he initiated which have had a beneficial long term effect in improving the stranded of living of a large number or previously poor thais?

• Like 2
  • Sad 6