Prayut appeals to the 20 richest Thais for help

snoop1130

15 hours ago, time2093 said:

LOl....... I live in Issan and can assure you that even land owners here are struggling to live these days beyond any hi so living in a high rise in Bangkok......Don't think it was the old General Prayut who introduced Thailand's poor to the 30 bht universal medical scheme was it.

Poor people have nothing! If one is a Landowner, they have assets that can be sold. We are talking mainly of those who are only "cash poor".

3 hours ago, ketherin said:

Captain Tom Moore has now raised £21,447,456!! 

Unbelievable what a character, there's now people in the UK calling on him to be knighted, and quite rightly so

If he gets knighted, I hope he has the good grace to do a David Bowie and refuse it. The UK has enough Branson type capitalist "Sirs" without a decent man like this joining them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, BeltAndRoad said:

They have to counter Australia's order of useless submarines.

Ha ha.... the only difference is that the French ( Aus ) ones are scared to submerge and the Chinese ones will be staying on the bottom......  I don't know who's dafter ..... If you want a submarine you either talk to the British or the Germans....... Plenty of practice..... 

HMS_Renown_(Resolution-class_submarine)_.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yadon Toploy said:

You make a valid point, and I would add something pretty obvious but equally as important, that weakening the Baht would make these big-ticket items even more eye-wateringly expensive.

Rock and a hard place now for Thailand, and with no more tourism income, something will have to give.

It won't be the Bigwigs income stream, that's for sure.

1 minute ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Ha ha.... the only difference is that the French ( Aus ) ones are scared to submerge and the Chinese ones will be staying on the bottom......  I don't know who's dafter ..... If you want a submarine you either talk to the British or the Germans....... Plenty of practice..... 

HMS_Renown_(Resolution-class_submarine)_.jpg

Yes true. I never really saw the value in subs anyway, not for the money and headaches they cost.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

Poor people have nothing! If one is a Landowner, they have assets that can be sold. We are talking mainly of those who are only "cash poor".

Correct, those so called poor Isaan people with half a dozen rai and the knowledge to grow crops and butcher livestock are starting to look alot wealthier to your average city dweller.

Governments can borrow money pretty easily if they are deemed good to pay it back,  Bond markets ,IMF . This is the PM in his pre fake election days  who spent a Trillion baht  , yes around 1 trillion baht before the fake election, and all there was to show for it was order on the streets .

Before the virus we were told how the underlying strength of economy in Thailand was strong.  All lies?

Edited by pixelaoffy
  • Haha 1

Begging for help from private enterprise with a reported 2700 confirmed cases, the lowest per capita in most of the world suggests that there's a much bigger problem than Prayut is admitting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When you are unable to manage a country because you are just a general, you step aside and give your PM job to someone who can manage a country, who may first charge the taxes to the approximately two thousand Thais who exported capitals without authorization (Panama papers)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

Thaksin is back so maybe he can hit him up for a few baht!  ????

I could never get a handle on who the good or the bad guys were in all that, but if he or his sister were "good guys" chances are they've already been helping behind the scenes anonymously. That's what I would do if I were them. I have helped out some needy local folks myself, I gave an out of work musician friend a couple thousand baht when he asked, and give 20 - 100 baht to each street beggar I pass. But if I were the Shinowatras and wanted to build good samaritan capital or somehow prove my political adversaries wrong about me then I would let it be known. It would be interesting to know what they are actually doing. I don't claim to know anything about it, but I'm inclined to think they are or will be involved eventually. This is too big a humanitarian crisis to be totally heartless and be uninvolved. 

1 hour ago, johng said:

Its quite easy  the "good guys"  get elected to power in free and fair elections  (not once but twice)

the "bad guys"  seize power at the end of a gun.

Not quite that simple. Getting elected and being thoroughly immoral, corrupt and connected to some very disturbing events, not once but regularly, doesn't make anyone "good guys".

• Like 1
  • Confused 1