Prayut appeals to the 20 richest Thais for help

snoop1130

Sad so sad the way Thai government officials and "leaders" always ply for help from the people or populace, and try the patriotic need approach or such things.  On my first trip there in 2004 I had a good impression of the government and overall things.  More people seemed to be able to read and write than many so called High School graduates in the USA these days.  The government seemed to be nominally elected.  Boy, day and night perceptions now

• Like 1

Lets not be to hard on the top 20.  It takes a lot of effort, bribery and manipulation to get to the top of any country when there are so many trying.  And staying on top is a tough job too.  ????  Sometimes some of those trying to knock you off need to be knocked off themselves!

• Like 1

As someone above said ... 
"Thai government officials and "leaders" always ply for help from the people or populace, and try the patriotic need approach on such things"

I heard the Thai Air Force reduced their budget going forward, but haven't heard the Army drop their budget yet.  Wouldn't that be patriotic to do something like that?  Pinnochio can do that on his own.

• Like 1

what an extremely weird thing to do !!! What is the purpose behind publicising this as something you are going to do ? it's like pre-shaming them into action, this seems more like a ploy to destroy them, a very obvious one at that. If their help was really needed then a more subtle and private approach would surely have been the way forward. If I was one of the top 20 I would immediately publicly reply with offers of helping advice so I could later say " they never listened'

How would these wealthy elites view this? Save face by donating or save face by opting out? 

The country cannot afford to beg to these elites a one Baht donation would demand a one hundred Baht return. 

Edited by Oziex1
  • Like 1

A troll post using a profane acronym has been removed.

A post using vulgar language has been removed.

8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

Some off topic bickering and replies have also been removed