Ending Chiang Mai's self-quarantine and shut-down

FolkGuitar

2 hours ago, brommers said:

It is patently clear that there will be no vaccine this side of year-end and at least 2 more years of assiduous vaccination programmes to begin to create enough resistance in the working population. 

Is that the only hope you see? Big Pharma headed by Bill Gates sticking a syringe full of thimerosal and Lord knows what else into your body and you will be saved?

Good luck with that, here's where you can claim if it all goes wrong.  https://www.hrsa.gov/vaccine-compensation/data/index.html

You might want to ask yourself why this website exists and over 4 Billion $ have been paid out so far.   ???? 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

People have self quarantined in Changnobyl  for years, can't leave the house because of air pollution. What's changed?

people have moved back to that area soon after being chased out.

Raising animals, growing gardens

Still alive 34 years later

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If you were paying to live in my house you could do what you like, the more you paid, the more I'd endure.

If you were living with me for free, at my invitation, I'd expect you to follow my rules.

In Thailand, if you pay enough, you can kill policemen.

You pay people to live with you though. You admitted it.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

Ending Chiang Mai's self-quarantine and shut-down now that the curve is flattening

is like stopping your course of antibiotics after 3 days because you're feeling better.

Medically, it makes no sense at all, and only leads to relapse.

While I am out soon enjoying golf,  keep by your word and continue to sit home watching TV.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If you were paying to live in my house you could do what you like, the more you paid, the more I'd endure.

So... as long as you are getting more money, you don't care that your guest is potentially causing harm to others in your community.  You benefit, community doesn't matter.

I understand you now.

Thanks for clearing that up.

19 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

While I am out soon enjoying golf,  keep by your word and continue to sit home watching TV.

Might, but I haven't owned a TV in 19 years. 

There are way too many other more interesting things to do. Recreational, educational, community service, international activities, etc., etc. The list is long.

You are welcome your golf. There are other people around who will help the community in your place.

26 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Ridiculous! 

Thais only care about money, if you spend in in their shop they will like you.

You have a remarkably low regard for the people who live all around you, for the country that allows you to be its guest.  Do you honestly think people are that shallow?

Do you really think they don't know how you feel?  You feel their eyes on you... They know.

You may lie to us and say you don't believe it, but you can't lie to yourself. You know.   5555555555

9 hours ago, CGW said:

Is that the only hope you see? Big Pharma headed by Bill Gates sticking a syringe full of thimerosal and Lord knows what else into your body and you will be saved?

Good luck with that, here's where you can claim if it all goes wrong.  https://www.hrsa.gov/vaccine-compensation/data/index.html

You might want to ask yourself why this website exists and over 4 Billion $ have been paid out so far.   ???? 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/17/technology/bill-gates-virus-conspiracy-theories.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

Correct. The cure is now worse than the disease. That started last week. Open up.

Yes... it is.  Just as using Iodine to clean a wound... it was too caustic to the healthy skin around the wound. 

Now that there are better and less caustic antimicrobial we've stopped using it.

But when Iodine was the ONLY 'effective' method of treatment, we had to use it or face serious infection.

We are in the same situation right now.  Self-isolation IS causing problems. Shut-down IS causing problems.

But until there is a more 'effective' way of dealing with this Pandemic, it's the only viable, life-saving solution.

I'd prefer we didn't have to utilize such draconian methods. But we are not there yet.

• Like 1