U.S. coronavirus crisis takes a sharp political turn

rooster59

A post using a YouTube video that contained profane language has been removed:

8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

18) Social Media content is not to be used as  source material unless it is from a recognized or approved news media source,  the source of any such material (Twitter, Facebook  etc.) should always be shown.

7 hours ago, Aspaltso said:

What a mess the U.S is in on just about every level. I just hope that these governors who have been given authority to open their states will do the right thing, because its not looking like the federal government has the capacity to do so. If there is a large "re-opening on the 1st of May you'll see a second spike that was completely avoidable, and with 34,000 dead already from this virus in the U.S that is an absolute crime. Anyways, I hope all the best for the U.S my home country, but i can't see too much good in the near future, or long future for that matter. 

Yer about as American as dim sum

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WalkingOrders said:

Please, find a new hobby. The Chinese are throwing Africans into the streets and banning them from restaurants. Well at least they won't have 20 carriers as quickly as they thought. I expect the  Chinese thrown out of Africa soon enough. Such racism doesn't concern you... coming from a dangerous totalitarian state? A state that unleashed yet ANOTHER plague upon the world!

Your frustrations with China are boiling over, watch out for your heart.

57 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

"LIBERATE VIRGINIA, and save your great 2nd Amendment. It is under siege"! ... direct quote by the current occupier of the White House! Americans and world citizens note the promoting of overthrow of the Commonwealth of Virginia elected government. At the very least, where is the Censure by the US Congress ....

The US Congress is on vacation until May 4th. They said they might come back if there is an emergency. 

1 hour ago, Cryingdick said:

Well let's see how Cuomo is in a couple weeks when he comes to the realization that NY no longer actually controls its own destiny. When the begging begins hopefully he asks nicely and says please. I am not sure what he plans to do with an island with millions of people that are producing nothing and do not have food security.

Maybe he could try to raise the taxes on the wealthy to make up the short fall. Seems you have to go back to being open and accept that you will lose some people with higher rates of infection or you stay inside producing nothing and become a complete welfare state that can only survive through the charity of others. I guess it's a good thing New Yorkers have always been such gracious, easy going people that have always been nice to others. Never have they looked down on people who make it possible for them to exist.

My guess is they will have to evacuate the city at some point. People are living there under some of the most squalid conditions in America for no apparent reason. You go to NYC to work not retire. Set up Camp Quarantine up in the lakes region. This is going to become as unpleasant as the Governor and Mayor make it.

So long as it is clear that Cuomo is running the show he can claim credit for it either way.

Gee wiz and there I thought the potus was for all Americans and was smart enough not to squander what gains we did enjoy in spite of the poor response oh silly me

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Tug said:

Gee wiz and there I thought the potus was for all Americans and was smart enough not to squander what gains we did enjoy in spite of the poor response oh silly me

What's your proposal? Everybody shelter in place until they run out of cans of tuna? I remember being laughed at awhile back saying places like NYC and CA, are a single disaster away from being bankrupt. That day has arrived.

People in the fly over states as the libs lovingly call them are not willing to sit around any longer. If you plan to shelter in place you had better pray to God that us lowlife, hick, losers get out there and produce. 

We have always been the ones feeding such places and now it is going to become more profound. When the tide is out you can see who is naked. 

Look at NYC. Social distancing isn't a long term or even short term solution. People live under the conditions typical of a cruise ship or a prison. The ship needs to be evacuated and a real assessment if the ship can ever be inhabited in the same way again needs to happen. Or you need to risk a higher death toll and get back out and do it. 

One choice means you pick what life you are going to lead. The other choice means you have to accept the life you will be provided. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

LIBERATE !

Patrick Henry:  "Give me liberty or give me death"

"He is brave to express his idea that was not popular indicating that it is important for people to use their voices".

"Patrick Henry is showing people to never give up and always try".

Henry took a lot of "Risk"  to become  liberated,he inspired many patriots.

Many colonist at that time were farmers who risked losing everything , fed up with being controlled  and subjected to rules they didn't agree with.

There is some similarities now, compared to then. Sickness was part of life with ,disease,starvation that killed many.

Americans can  mitigate,while at the same time, getting back to work in areas not hit hard !

https://prezi.com/k-3vku3d_pyv/give-me-liberty-or-give-me-death-speech/

Edited by riclag
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

A post using content from an unapproved YouTube source and a reply has been removed:

18) Social Media content is not to be used as  source material unless it is from a recognized or approved news media source,  the source of any such material (Twitter, Facebook  etc.) should always be shown.

Troll posts,  bickering posts and the replies have been removed. 

19 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Simple, ask a doctor, not a paid lacky of 45 or faux news, but a real one. Ask hundreds of them. They all say the same, yes more older people die than younger ones, surprise, surprise. This doesn't explain the pandemic of people dying from a new specific disease with specific symptoms. The earth is spherical by the way.

So don't listen to Dr. Fauci?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Meanwhile in Florida, one of the hardest hit southern states, they opened a few beaches, which got swarmed. Which stunned a lot of people

“When a person doesn't believe in science, they do dumb things,” Lake Worth Beach City Commissioner Omari Hardy tweeted. “When a person in power doesn't believe in science, they do dumb things that hurt the public. This move is so dumb that I had to make sure it wasn't fake news. You guys, it isn't fake news.”*

I am not so dramatic, if you like like Herd Theory, The Thundering Herd (from Marshall), you know some groups of the herd take the wrong turn, go off the cliff, cross the river in the wrong place, get taken down by crocodiles. It's just nature its Darwinian. Some must die. 

* CNN 4/18

Edited by LomSak27
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cryingdick said:

What's your proposal? Everybody shelter in place until they run out of cans of tuna? I remember being laughed at awhile back saying places like NYC and CA, are a single disaster away from being bankrupt. That day has arrived.

People in the fly over states as the libs lovingly call them are not willing to sit around any longer. If you plan to shelter in place you had better pray to God that us lowlife, hick, losers get out there and produce. 

We have always been the ones feeding such places and now it is going to become more profound. When the tide is out you can see who is naked. 

Look at NYC. Social distancing isn't a long term or even short term solution. People live under the conditions typical of a cruise ship or a prison. The ship needs to be evacuated and a real assessment if the ship can ever be inhabited in the same way again needs to happen. Or you need to risk a higher death toll and get back out and do it. 

One choice means you pick what life you are going to lead. The other choice means you have to accept the life you will be provided. 

Eastern Pennsylvania, now a "hotspot". Not so far from Western Pennsylvania.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Eastern Pennsylvania, now a "hotspot". Not so far from Western Pennsylvania.

Eastern Pennsylvania is the eastern seaboard. It is hardly surprising Philadelphia is a hotspot given the corridor it is on. It's part of the megalopolis. Anything with in an hour of the coast is a suburb these days. So draw a line 50 miles inland and use that as a reference point and report back. 

I am sure Pittsburgh has some cases. Thankfully there are two large state parks that consume 90% of the land between where I live in West Vrginia and Pittsburgh. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

The 'fly over' states aren't exactly self supporting are they. Due to trump administration political decisions 'fly over states' have required massive Federal subsidies for the agricultural industry. 

Just a few days ago trump declared it was state level decisions on when to commence relaxing stay at home / social distancing and so on, but within hours trump reverted to type retweeting highly partisan reversal of his guidelines. There would be no need for all the hyperbole if trump could control his impulses, unfortunately he is incapable to fulfil his role as President of the USA.

Another gem of incompetence by the trump administration...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/investigations/2020/04/02/us-exports-masks-ppe-china-surged-early-phase-coronavirus/5109747002/

Too bad they won't return the favor:

https://www.businessinsider.com/millions-masks-coronavirus-tests-stuck-in-warehouses-chinese-export-restrictions-2020-4

3 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

That's the thing. You can say people that deny science are morons but they are ignoring the science of economics. That dictates in a month there is no money left. Then what?

Then what is right. Leftwing partisan sniping and charades is absolutely toxic in this environment and if anyone thinks people are gonna be cheering it on while desperate and starving and going under financially is living in dreamworld. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Sorry.I thought you lived in Eastern Pennsylvania. West Virginia is listed as among the first four states set for re-opening. Bear in mind though, West Virginia has very little resemblance to most of the other states

Yeah I am not from here originally. Things are a little "different" round these parts. I don't think people here are healthy enough over all to support a virus. It is a nice place to be based near every major cultural attraction on the coast yet far enough away through dense mountains to keep Virusville at bay. 

For the most part people here aren't going to squabble over if it was black lung or the virus that took Grandpa. We just agree he is with God now. 

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 2