U.S. coronavirus crisis takes a sharp political turn

rooster59

5 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Maybe a moderator cares, but it is nice to have a friendly chat.

And yes, I'm sure we agree on more than you think as well.

It's spring time here the buds are opening, I would actually make camps with food trucks. Completely open air experience and more pleasant than shelter at home. Easy social distancing and a good feel.

I know that sounds stupid but get people out of NYC and steam clean the entire place. 

Kids from the city could actually learn about life and where meat and eggs come from. Easy way to keep social distance. In NYC if you want to do it, you are going to need a government pass to go out on Wednesday at 7 AM and Friday at 8 pm.

People should just leave the city for now and have it fumigated.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, WalkingOrders said:

Your link has nothing to do with your discussion. Zero.

Disagree. In context with the OP, the link talks to another error made by the trump administration which is a counterpoint to trump's unceasing criticisms of the Dems to avoid to deflect any responsibility for the Covid situation.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

Well there you go....no need to vote...you got it the bag.

On the contrary, now more than ever it's important to get out and vote. Come next election, after 4 years with Trump and a pandemic, it's imperative that a grown-up be returned to the WH. 

And when that's done we can start arguing about what's caused the most harm, Trump or Covid-19.

PS. You didn't answer my question in post #139.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Phoenix Rising said:

On the contrary, now more than ever it's important to get out and vote. Come next election, after 4 years with Trump and a pandemic, it's imperative that a grown-up be returned to the WH. 

And when that's done we can start arguing about what's caused the most harm, Trump or Covid-19.

I get what you are saying but I just can't imagine anybody saying The Biden year(s).

18 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

It's spring time here the buds are opening, I would actually make camps with food trucks. Completely open air experience and more pleasant than shelter at home. Easy social distancing and a good feel.

I know that sounds stupid but get people out of NYC and steam clean the entire place. 

Kids from the city could actually learn about life and where meat and eggs come from. Easy way to keep social distance. In NYC if you want to do it, you are going to need a government pass to go out on Wednesday at 7 AM and Friday at 8 pm.

It's the people that carry the virus. No amount of fumigation will change that fact.

7 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

It's the people that carry the virus. No amount of fumigation will change that fact.

Read it again. I realize fumigation is basically worthless but these days we have too many crocodile tears. Everybody stays outside for the summer and come back to a sanitized NYC. Jails are already releasing people because they do not want to be sued.

Insurance doesn't cover pandemics.

Edited by Cryingdick

1 minute ago, Cryingdick said:

I get what you are saying but I just can't imagine anybody saying The Biden year(s).

They could be The Years Of The Cantankerous Cane Toad for all I care. It's not that I'm a great lover of Biden but I'd prefer just about anyone to Trump.

With so many talented people out there the Dems really should have come up with something WAY better but I guess the whole political system the way it's set up prevents/discourages those talents from pushing through. And I don't think that will change until big money is separated from politics.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

They could be The Years Of The Cantankerous Cane Toad for all I care. It's not that I'm a great lover of Biden but I'd prefer just about anyone to Trump.

With so many talented people out there the Dems really should have come up with something WAY better but I guess the whole political system the way it's set up prevents/discourages those talents from pushing through. And I don't think that will change until big money is separated from politics.

I agree. As such I am announcing my candidacy. Vote for me.

9 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Read it again. I realize fumigation is basically worthless but these days we have too many crocodile tears. Everybody stays outside for the summer and come back to a sanitized NYC. Jails are already releasing people because they do not want to be sued.

Insurance doesn't cover pandemics.

A sanitized NYC will be desanitized as soon as the virus carriers return. Anyway, how many New Yorkers can afford a vacation in the countryside these days?

My guess is not too many.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

A sanitized NYC will be desanitized as soon as the virus carriers return. Anyway, how many New Yorkers can afford a vacation in the countryside these days?

I am saying they will go there and be put in government camps. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cryingdick said:

I agree. As such I am announcing my candidacy. Vote for me.

Just out of curiosity; Mark Cuban has floated the idea of running as an independent. I don't see that happening unless Biden's dead or too ill to run but would you be willing to consider voting for him?

7 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Jared and ivanka can. They just went to new jersey to celebrate passover. Against the govt travel advice and against ivankasnown advice.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

Disagree. In context with the OP, the link talks to another error made by the trump administration which is a counterpoint to trump's unceasing criticisms of the Dems to avoid to deflect any responsibility for the Covid situation.

As I said. Zero.

1 hour ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Re #139 where did you serve?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

Youve lived in NYC 

Interesting comments and all in a similar vein and yet his political party who one hopes are not totally bereft of brains are sticking with him? 

Hmmm, I am an Aussie and he makes me Cringe sometimes but the reality is that he has done some things that the two or three previous administrations would not? 

He also makes some massive blunders and yet if I was a betting man I believe he will be reelected. 

For the opposition, BIDEN is that the best you can come up with? 

He won last time because of his opponent and the best you can find is vanilla Biden? 

It will be interesting and the world is watching because we all have skin in the game when the second most powerful nation goes to the polls. 

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, rosst said:

Interesting comments and all in a similar vein and yet his political party who one hopes are not totally bereft of brains are sticking with him? 

Hmmm, I am an Aussie and he makes me Cringe sometimes but the reality is that he has done some things that the two or three previous administrations would not? 

He also makes some massive blunders and yet if I was a betting man I believe he will be reelected. 

For the opposition, BIDEN is that the best you can come up with? 

He won last time because of his opponent and the best you can find is vanilla Biden? 

It will be interesting and the world is watching because we all have skin in the game when the second most powerful nation goes to the polls. 

If only I could force myself to become engrossed in the grand spectacle of Australian politics. To the point of calling the Prime Minster or opposition names and ridiculing the supporters of either side as being without brains. Or pretend that I even am more savvy on Australians and how they think then Australians are. 

I could do like many, not holding you personally to this behavior, but some regardless of topic, run off and begin posting myriad wiki links pulling up obscure out of context American wiki factoids or links that they obviously do not understand.

Because of the obviously one sided natures of those who post these articles, this is multiplied everyday.

Its no wonder the skewed opinions here as it is all they read.

What is always lost it seems on all of you is what will happen in the future to the USA if and when a permanent leftist majority takes power in the USA. A statistically unbeatable majority. The greatest fear of those of us in the USA who are traditional paleoconservatives. It wont be good for Australians I can tell you that for certain. Build your Navy my friend.

• Thanks 1