What car do you drive in Thailand?

Honda City ZX 2008 - might look for a bargain soon - think I will get something bigger - but not that big.

Where is best place to look for private used cars - not a dealer/trader (dont trust ever).  I know a little about cars and can see the basic issues eg. if they are damaged/repaired etc.

20 minutes ago, TommyBlue said:

Where is best place to look for private used cars - not a dealer/trader (dont trust ever).

The Auctions (depending on where you live)......... 4 years ago, I picked up a 7 month old car---The owner must have started  defaulting payments the day he got it. Why I say depending on your location---they don't Auction cars taken from that location , for obvious reasons.

Edited by sanuk711

23 minutes ago, TommyBlue said:

Honda City ZX 2008 - might look for a bargain soon - think I will get something bigger - but not that big.

Where is best place to look for private used cars - not a dealer/trader (dont trust ever).  I know a little about cars and can see the basic issues eg. if they are damaged/repaired etc.

What car are you looking for ?...

Just yesterday in another motoring thread on this forum a member posted he has friends with 1 yr old camry's they can't sell even at half the original purchase price.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Much depends where you live, the job you do and the roads you use.

My work vehicle gets used in 4x4 mode regularly during the wet season, construction sites tend to get muddy. Most definitely not a Chelsea Tractor.

Do you really need a pickup?

I'm living in a small village with a lot of dirt roads. But so far I didn't see one, that would need 4x4 even in rain season. But for construction sites with heavy machines it makes sense.

Yeah, I need pick up. In first 14 days I already did a 1000+ trip fully loaded and with 5 people... . Also handy for my german shepherd dog which loves water and especially buffalo mud pools... .

• Like 1