13 foreigners arrested at pool party in Pattaya

rooster59

20 hours ago, VYCM said:

I have a condo in Pattaya, I don't live there I just went around to check on it as it's unoccupied.
The swimming pool was open, it had been locked out over the last few weeks due to the situation, I checked out the gym, it was locked.
I asked the jurassic manager if city hall has relaxed the rules regarding lock down of swimming pools, she said they have and the pool is now open. 

Does anyone know what the situation is here in Pattaya,
are swimming pools in lock down?
is it up to the condo management to make the decision?

Anyone know who controls the opening/closing of swimming pools in condominiums.

I live in Pattaya and have read its up to the Condominium management to decide.

Any information out there, any updates regarding City Halls requirements, 

On 4/19/2020 at 10:12 AM, Puchaiyank said:

A woman over 50 was arrested near my USA home for throwing a party for teenagers at her home...

She posted bail and was arrested once again a few days later for the same infraction...

Some people are just determined to try and have things their own way...

Then there are the officials in Jacksonville, Florida who reopened their beach.  No different!  Arrest the officials!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, yuyiinthesky said:

I don't know why so many want to punish them, jail them, even kill them. If all you're saying is correct than by being there around the pool near others, and possibly even drinking alcohol, they are doomed already. Better not put them in jail and infect the others there.

Or is it simple jealousy, which makes you hate them, that they get a fresh beer among friends, and you don't?

Because their actions can cause the virus to spread, and that puts us all at risk. Do you understand the concept of social distancing? 

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Patrons of a hotel.....?

Read the article. The majority were not patrons of the hotel. This was a pool party in times when that is restricted. Check your home country - it probably has stricter controls with higher fines in place than here.

Just now, brucec64 said:

Read the article. The majority were not patrons of the hotel. This was a pool party in times when that is restricted. Check your home country - it probably has stricter controls with higher fines in place than here.

"The majority"... I personally do not take much notice of news articles here, or anywhere else for that matter.......????.......Prefer my own eyes or trusted accounts.....????

46 minutes ago, transam said:

"The majority"... I personally do not take much notice of news articles here, or anywhere else for that matter.......????.......Prefer my own eyes or trusted accounts.....????

Sorry, next time I will also get a quote from "guy in bar" in order to round out the story ????

• Haha 1

On 4/19/2020 at 11:12 PM, RedPill said:

Ok, I bite ...

I have never heard anyone on this forum saying anything against a pool party with beer (or even chicks, happened a lot before in Thailand) over many years. No one has anything against it. 

Never, only until 2-3 weeks ago. Especially, since Thailand 'officially' went into a state of emergency, by law. Just as a side note.

... and there are new rules in play, fines, jail threats etc.

That's not jealousy ... just keeping up a little bit with the current changes and news happening to Pattaya recently, something minor, like a "LOCKDOWN" of the city, you know. 

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough - my post was not about justifying them, but about the many covid experts here demanding the most severe punishment, the most hefty fines, the longest jail time.

There I see the jealousy. Like a 3 year old, destroying the toys "If I can't have them, then you also not". Just now "If I can't have a cool beer with my friends, then nobody should. Give them the most hefty fine, jail them, burn them, hang them!"