13 foreigners arrested at pool party in Pattaya

rooster59

43 minutes ago, keith101 said:

There is no mention of them drinking alcohol so are just sitting around talking and they all seem to be wearing face masks .  So if they are social distancing i dont see the problem especially when you see what Thai do at the mention of free money and or food .

From other news website earlier today:

The police were acting on a tip when they raided the resort, known for its pool parties during regular times, and found the foreigners drinking, socializing and gathering against the current terms of the Emergency Decree

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Again, they only publish articles that involve foreigners.....not just Thais.

Well, they stated Thais also.

But, it sure seems like foreigners are consistently stupid enough to get caught.

23 minutes ago, keith101 said:

I am sure that if indeed they were consuming alcohol there would have been incriminating photos supplied and also the arrest of the proprietor who supplied the alcohol   

So you didn'tr ead the article. Right...

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, OnTheGround said:

Again some foreigners make all the rest of us look bad in the locals eyes.

While majority of us obey with current strict restrictions, some still can't help themselves.

The Ban on alcohol and group gathering is well known by all now. No excuses.

Throw the book at them, let them pay, either hefty fine or jail. No excuses.

Well yeh, but they were with locals, who have eyes....????

• Like 1

The Emergency decree is fairly tough on a lot of things going against the norm.....but the cops have to follow their leads that they get....and now tea money for Soi 9 is assured for April!  3 cheers for the tittle tatters in the community....NOT!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have a condo in Pattaya, I don't live there I just went around to check on it as it's unoccupied.
The swimming pool was open, it had been locked out over the last few weeks due to the situation, I checked out the gym, it was locked.
I asked the jurassic manager if city hall has relaxed the rules regarding lock down of swimming pools, she said they have and the pool is now open. 

Does anyone know what the situation is here in Pattaya,
are swimming pools in lock down?
is it up to the condo management to make the decision?

13 times 100,000 is 1.3 million for a party.  plus blacklist, make them pay for quarantine (100,000 each) for another 1.3 million and then put them on a private jet for another 200,000 each (2.6 million).  Then let them back in after 1 month if they bring more money.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1