Complacency

roger101

Are the people  in Pattaya becoming complacent because of the low death and transmission rate. I go out to the shops once a day. Whilst riding around on my motorbike I've noticed that more people are wearing their masks round their necks. It seems to get worse everyday. I've also noticed one farang on a motorbike without a helmet and no face mask. I've seen this person 3 times in the last 3 days he must live near me. His girlfriend on the back is wearing a mask.

13 minutes ago, sirineou said:

At least they are wearing it around their neck, I am here in the US in Florida, yesterday we went to the Home depot to purchase some plants for our garden, I would say 2/3 of the people did not wear face masks.

And trust me, from the look of them they should be covering their faces even if there was no virus. 

I saw on the news, they opened up the beaches in Florida. Nice.

Am hopeful my mask will protect me from the un-masked when they cough.  

Do wish the Thai police would fine a few or throw a few of the un-masked in Jail.  Government did state wearing a face mask is mandatory in Pattaya, with heavy fines or jail time possible on April 8.    https://thepattayanews.com/2020/04/08/mask-wearing-in-pattaya-mandatory-from-tomorrow-heavy-fines-or-jail-time-possible-for-those-who-dont-wear-masks/

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, smedly said:

did he infect riding past

and you are out every day ?

Personally I’d give the police the powers to shoot joggers on sight. 

They are the most infectious group heavily breathing on everyone without regard.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, twocatsmac said:

Personally I’d give the police the powers to shoot joggers on sight. 

They are the most infectious group heavily breathing on everyone without regard.

just as well it is not up to you 

6 hours ago, roger101 said:

Are the people  in Pattaya becoming complacent because of the low death and transmission rate.

They're out looking for food.  When one is hungry then all other considerations go out of the window.  Basic survival technique.

You may not need to go out in search of food on a daily basis but many Thais live hand to mouth and the daily trek ensures survival for another day. Many are not surviving.  

I'm sure you don't intend for hungry people to stay at home and starve?

Edited by torturedsole

15 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Am hopeful my mask will protect me from the un-masked when they cough.  

Do wish the Thai police would fine a few or throw a few of the un-masked in Jail.  Government did state wearing a face mask is mandatory in Pattaya, with heavy fines or jail time possible on April 8.    https://thepattayanews.com/2020/04/08/mask-wearing-in-pattaya-mandatory-from-tomorrow-heavy-fines-or-jail-time-possible-for-those-who-dont-wear-masks/

I do not like wearing a mask. However, it is no more than a minor inconvenience. I see no reason whatsoever why people should not obey this minimal safety precaution. I agree that the police should be more active in fining those who refuse to wear a mask, and those who wear it under their chin when in close proximity to others. 

• Like 2