Don't reopen yet, governors tell Trump as coronavirus deaths cross 40,000

webfact

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Don't blame me for pointing out what will happen if lots of people are near to each other and transmit the virus to each other. Many people understand that this should be avoided, it's logic. But some people, and it seem they are all Trump supporters, somehow don't understand that if more people mix together more people will get infected and likely more people will die. Don't blame the messenger for telling you the truth.

1- Sorry dog stole my crystal ball so unlike you I have a wealth of no idea what "Will" happen

2- Unlike you I do not wish this on anyone...

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I hope they will get lots of new corona cases.

But you be you

7 minutes ago, meechai said:

2- Unlike you I do not wish this on anyone...

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I hope they will get lots of new corona cases.

Would you recommend to anybody to cross a street with heavy traffic?

And if they do it and die what do you think?

"I told you so" comes to my mind.

4 hours ago, Credo said:

Traffic control is primarily the responsibility of the States.  It's not a major issue in the states and re-opening the economy will not be an overnight process, so traffic deaths will likely remain lower than normal.   Perhaps he can take credit for that.

Of course he would :dry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, meechai said:

Classic far left loony

"Kill people please I need to be right" (or loony left in this case) )

Isn't that exactly what trump is doing?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Yes - it is awful Trump EVER believed the WHO's lies*, and didn't shut down travel sooner.  The WHO strongly recommened against closing international travel. 

The "opposition" was on the wrong-side of everything Trump did.  Even when his moves were less than ideal, the "opposition" wanted an Even Worse policy at the time.

* (lies or, at best, being utterly mislead by China.  Take your pick.)

Testing isn't near capacity - has been that way for weeks now.  The party-opposite govs are desperate to manufacture more lies, for political reasons.  There WERE enough ventellators, and hospital-beds, etc after all (even though NY sold many of their emergency-ventellators pre-covid). 

I can list many factually-valid criticisms of Trump (I'm not a "fan") but the "resistance" never mention those, because their policies are worse / less-popular on all those issues.

Hook, Line And Sinker!

2 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

So you broad brush it, and answer nothing. Gee, not surprised.  Deflection 101 must teach that. If you want to open up states from lockdown has to be done with tests. Or infections will happen. He has been urged for 3 weeks or  a month to invoke Defense Production Act, specifically for virus tests. He says yes, he says no, he twits, he tw-ts. And does nothing.

I would love to talk more but ... I have to take executive action now. Message from the Baht Hoover, she needs a transfer, stop at the market after that. ATM and Mangoes, I call it a morning. 

Cheers

No - I asked about your specific objections to what the WH has rolled-out.  I am not sure what in your post I could "answer" - unless I was expected to go all "Trump is the greatest," or something (not going to happen). 

On testing, this seems to be a political football.  The existing testing-capacity is, purportedly, underutilized at present.  After the Big Lie on ventellators and the projected death-rate, can you blame me if I am skeptical on the 'test crisis' - which seems to only exist when political-opponents talk about it? 

That said, I 100% support more testing.  Unlike the WH - I want EVERYONE tested, including antibody-tests.  The more we test, the more we find out how much less dangerous - to MOST people - this virus is.  As well, with the antibody test, we can potentially clear many (millions?) from all restricted activity. 

Testing speeds the path to a more streamlined approach to dealing with this - so I wish the WH would get on-board with testing all Americans ASAP.  Hopefully, widespread-testing isn't perceived to obstruct projected vaccine-profits - a "bi-partisan" concern.

4 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

No tests? Link?

Read the OP:

"Republican Governor Larry Hogan of Maryland during a CNN interview said claims by Trump and Vice President Mike Pence that states have plenty of tests were "just absolutely false."

Even Republicans are starting to disagree with Trump now. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

Read the OP:

"Republican Governor Larry Hogan of Maryland during a CNN interview said claims by Trump and Vice President Mike Pence that states have plenty of tests were "just absolutely false."

Even Republicans are starting to disagree with Trump now. 

Most Republicans just play tag-team with their Dim counterparts.  It's been like this since Bill Clinton sold-out labor - at which point, the USA ceased to have a "labor party."   Some Rs are forced to publicly support Trump, in order to win elections. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I find it amusing that adults cannot respectfully disagree on points of view, without returning to school yard name calling tactics to point score.

Sometimes it is hard to think beyond point scoring, but name calling is reflective of lack of intellectual rigor in an ADULT discussion.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

No - I asked about your specific objections to what the WH has rolled-out.  I am not sure what in your post I could "answer" - unless I was expected to go all "Trump is the greatest," or something (not going to happen). 

On testing, this seems to be a political football.  The existing testing-capacity is, purportedly, underutilized at present.  After the Big Lie on ventellators and the projected death-rate, can you blame me if I am skeptical on the 'test crisis' - which seems to only exist when political-opponents talk about it? 

That said, I 100% support more testing.  Unlike the WH - I want EVERYONE tested, including antibody-tests.  The more we test, the more we find out how much less dangerous - to MOST people - this virus is.  As well, with the antibody test, we can potentially clear many (millions?) from all restricted activity. 

Testing speeds the path to a more streamlined approach to dealing with this - so I wish the WH would get on-board with testing all Americans ASAP.  Hopefully, widespread-testing isn't perceived to obstruct projected vaccine-profits - a "bi-partisan" concern.

Agree, testing is very important, enough data, very well analysed helps to gain specific focus and specific reaction. Same as in business.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Projections ? huh what ---I ran the numbers with my calculator before I posted. It's simple, really. I think we did that in 5th grade math (?), probably 4th.  I do know that standards have fallen, but ... you can't do elementary school arithmetic ?  ????

I guess that explains a lot.

Really?  You were solving systems of ordinary differential equations in elementary school? That's what the SIR models are that they use to make the projections.

I am impressed. I bow to your 250 IQ.

The problem is, none of those SIR models are including asymptomatic carriers as 20% - 40% of the general population. Things look much different under those scenarios.

In fairness to the Whitehouse, it really does take a long time to produce a billion test kits. Given logistical realities that is the kind of volume you are talking about to make sure all Americans can be tested and every hospital and clinic can have sufficient inventory in stock and the distribution pipeline can be full.

• Like 1

Good point! Read this as an interesting testing plan.

https://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/nobel-prize-winner-we-should-be-testing-30-million-for-covid-19-daily-81912389636

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I hope they do that. And I hope they will get lots of new corona cases. Because maybe then, finally, will some of those Trump supporters understand that there is a reason for the closures.

But then again, these people shut their eyes for 3 years so there is not much hope they will wake up anytime soon.

The lockdown policy is a disaster and will hurt the lives and livelyhoods of millions all over the world for many years.   Mass infection, brutal as it is, is the only way to go.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

What's going to happen when the country does fully open up and traffic deaths on the road start to climb? 

Blame Trump? 

MAGA 

Because road deaths are to Coronavirus deaths as hammers are to assault weapons ... wait, what?

7 hours ago, meechai said:

Classic far left loony

"Kill people please I need to be right" (or loony left in this case) )

I wish all well but I also am rather firm in having no sympathy for willful ignorance. Sure, I want things to return to pre virus people earning money. But I want that done for the same reason I want preparation for such emergencies based on factual science not emotional politics.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thingamabob said:

The lockdown policy is a disaster and will hurt the lives and livelyhoods of millions all over the world for many years.   Mass infection, brutal as it is, is the only way to go.

Did you have a look at the news recently? You should be able to find lots of articles with lots of details how life will go on without brutal mass infection. There is not just black or white.

10 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

It's too bad the states aren't even using existing capacity yet - but it's scaling up fast.  Glad all the private-labs are going like gangbusters now.  Need to get those fast-test machines everywhere.

10 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

There is a middle-ground.  Isolate the vulnerable, and let the healthy get it and become immune ASAP, so the vulnerable can leave "lockdown" quickly.  No reason to subject "grandma" or other sick people to the virus if we can help it. 

That said, until recently, we had no idea how FEW of those infected actually get sick.  The disease hits the sick and elderly very fast in some cases, which is scary to see.