No Water For 3 Days - What is the news on the water shortage

Thomas J

2 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

We must be very lucky ,live just of Sukhumvit at Banglamung,water pressure goes down at night ,but apart from that no problems(we do have an underground tank if there is) ,mind you there are some very ,very large houses close i think very rich people live there one has at least 7 very expensive cars ,so perhaps thats why???? 

Perhaps same region as me, goes off at night but on all day with good pressure. It has gone murky in the last week.

• Like 1

No water ?? This year there's no songkran and many hotels are empty and almost no tourist only the once that are stuck . Where is all the water gone they would usualy use ??? I understand it has been dry for a while but anyway . Now i'm not the brightest one in the room , but still i don't understand . 

25 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

No Water For 3 Days 

just a revenge from Anutin to you...dirty farang!

So the Thais all have water then, it's just farang who don't?

Enough w/ all the silly victimism. Not funny, just SO tiresome. 

2 hours ago, BigStar said:

So the Thais all have water then, it's just farang who don't?

It was, obviously, a joke..get ready for the next dry season. ????

Edited by Tarteso

24 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

with no water for 3 days is it any wonder if your a "dirty" farang?

... could be worse eh! 

- being a Songkran target, where they are throwing dirt instead...

Question, does Bangkok have water.. Yes.. ok problem solved. Big end of town has water.. the rest of the country can go to hell.. saw IDIOT police in Phuket stopping farangs giving away free food to needy locals because they couldnt social distance. No water idiot police. Government corruption hey whos complaining??

• Confused 1

On 4/21/2020 at 5:49 PM, gamesgplayemail said:

How possible that some of your condo are so idiot that they do not have their own water tanks ?

What are you thinking about when renting or buying ?

my condo all have water tanks and generators big enough to keep 6 lifts working !

Water tanks are only good if you actually have water to put in them. 

Your condo's water tanks get filled from the same water reservoirs as everyone else. if that goes dry, so do you.  

• Haha 1

On 4/24/2020 at 5:26 PM, Leaver said:

Water tanks are only good if you actually have water to put in them. 

Your condo's water tanks get filled from the same water reservoirs as everyone else. if that goes dry, so do you.  

Great reply of a champion ❤️

But so so wrong... water tanks are also filled by trucks coming to deliver water, so as you can see, correctly managed condo ALWAYS have water running.

12 minutes ago, gamesgplayemail said:

But so so wrong... water tanks are also filled by trucks coming to deliver water, so as you can see, correctly managed condo ALWAYS have water running.

As has been mentioned elsewhere, I wouldn't crow too much about getting your water tanks filled by trucks in a "correctly managed condo" - until you find out where it is those trucks are getting the water from.

Hint - there aren't convoys of trucks ringing the reservoirs and sucking them dry of clean water to sell to your condo.

Enjoy your next shower and tooth brushing !!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

As has been mentioned elsewhere, I wouldn't crow too much about getting your water tanks filled by trucks in a "correctly managed condo" - until you find out where it is those trucks are getting the water from.

Hint - there aren't convoys of trucks ringing the reservoirs and sucking them dry of clean water to sell to your condo.

Enjoy your next shower and tooth brushing !!

Maybe you could read and learn that most water sellers have their own wells ?

Or I could remember the stories in the papers a few years ago about how a lot of those water trucks were filling up from assorted ditches and khlongs around the area because a) it was free and b) they couldn't get it from any where else.

But of course the trucks supplying your condo would never do stuff like that.

2 hours ago, gamesgplayemail said:

water tanks are also filled by trucks coming to deliver water, so as you can see, correctly managed condo ALWAYS have water running.

Wow.  What a genius idea.  It hasn't properly rained for a long time, and the lakes are almost dry, but just call the water truck company, and like magic, there is a never ending supply of water.  ????

• Haha 1

Mine from well water on the property for several weeks now in Nongprue.  There has been daily rain, I have not driven over to Mabprachan for a look recently.   I doubt rains has made any dent!

Between Ban Saray and Silver Lakes is a huge very beautiful lake that seems to be unaffected by the lack of rain. 

Whilst driving along side it on the back road close to Silver Lakes the other day we saw they are constructing at the water edge a pumping station, the pipes from it go up past Buddha Mountain and on to the Chinese Temple/museum close to Wat Yaan we did not follow the pipe route from that point but would expect it will somehow link in to the water system in Pattaya.

It was reported earlier that they would be bringing water from Sattahip area to Pattaya

20 hours ago, gamesgplayemail said:

Great reply of a champion ❤️

How do they get the trucks up to the roof.......

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

How do they get the trucks up to the roof.......

10 minutes ago, seeyoujimmy said:

Use the lift.

1 bucket at a time ! (Workers paid by the month, not by the volume delivered !) ????

On 4/30/2020 at 4:05 AM, jmccarty said:

Mine from well water on the property for several weeks now in Nongprue.  There has been daily rain, I have not driven over to Mabprachan for a look recently.   I doubt rains has made any dent!

Without consistent rain, the water table your well is tapping into will lower.  How deep is your well?  

7 minutes ago, gamesgplayemail said:

is Mabrapchan lake full now ? my dogs cannot go to poop inside anymore ?

????

I think it is a long, long way from being full so poop away !! Probably not the worst thing that goes into that water !