Customs Dept ‘not selling off’ seized digital thermometers, masks

snoop1130

Customs Dept ‘not selling off’ seized digital thermometers, masks

By The Nation

1587362549007.jpg

The Customs Department is telling people not to believe rumours that it is selling off confiscated digital thermometers and surgical masks cheaply, citing a recent social-media post claiming to sell off a seized shipment of the products from the European Union.

“The department is not selling any digital thermometers or masks online,” the customs official said. “The department has been instructed to send all such seized items to the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration [CCSA].”

The official also added that the social-media page falsely displays the department’s logo, but is not credible.

“Using the logos of government agencies for business purposes or personal benefits is an offence, so we do not want people to believe this propaganda,” the official said.

People can call the Customs Care hotline at 1164 or (02) 667 6000, (02) 667 7000 ext 205844 to 205848, or visit the department’s website for more information.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386422

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-20

• Haha 1

Why are they seizing all this equipment anyway?

They stole my ear thermometer at the end of February, motherfluckers

When they want my blood plasma this will be one of the reasons why they don't get it.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Yadon Toploy said:

If you are British and were born before 1985 they won't accept your plasma anyway because of mad cow disease. 

You mean to tell me that all Brits born before 1985 are carriers for Mad cow ? I always Knew they were different. What about Born in 1985 and after? Same country same air same people same cows ?

19 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Yeah right. Like the one I ordered from Amazon and now has mysteriously broken and disappeared, after strange request for mailing the original of my passport or going personally to customs. Bastards.

Had the same with some medication sent ( not controlled) customs and storage 4890 baht small parcel the size if a tissue box, they had DHL running around like headless chickens , 3 copies of this 3 copies of that even a courier to my house in KK for my original passport that i wouldn't post,  why is there the need to make our and there lives so difficult i suppose the 4890 baht answers that.

Edited by Almer
Spelling

Is this why I never recieved my facemasks ordered on Ali in January?
Will tracking indicate if they have been seized?
The last tracking update was on 19-03-2020 with text Hand over to airline.
It was only 20 masks but I will open a case on Ali soon.

Edited by monkfish

1 minute ago, monkfish said:

Is this why I never recieved my facemasks ordered on Ali?

Sat on a grounded plane no doubt, but dont worry when it gets to Swampy they will seize it and charge you storage etc etc and require 1 1/2 trees in photocopies

22 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The department has been instructed to send all such seized items to the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration [CCSA].

This is illegal, seized items are supposed to be destroyed, by law.

I still want my thermometer back.

2 hours ago, monkfish said:

Is this why I never recieved my facemasks ordered on Ali in January?
It was only 20 masks but I will open a case on Ali soon.

Shipping out of China has been a mess for a couple of months (assume this is relevant as you mention Ali Express). They full-on stopped for a while and I guess they are now working through the backlog but with limited international flights. I ordered some stuff (non-medical) from China off e-bay in early February and it's still not arrived yet. Both vendors dropped me a brief note to inform me of long delays, which was good of them.

2 hours ago, Almer said:

Had the same with some medication sent ( not controlled) customs and storage 4890 baht small parcel the size if a tissue box, they had DHL running around like headless chickens , 3 copies of this 3 copies of that even a courier to my house in KK for my original passport that i wouldn't post,  why is there the need to make our and there lives so difficult i suppose the 4890 baht answers that.

the type of medication may of played into that. plus the amount of medication that was being imported. the 5k baht could of been taxes and duty. i am sure you know they have fantastic duty rates on importing items here.

i ordered masks from ebay almost 2 months ago and they actually arrived this week. customs had inspected them and disinfected them. i was in total awe that they actually arrived and were all there considering the times and place we are living in.