Bangkok: Huge crowds gather for 100 baht handouts

webfact

23 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Easy to develop a rationale, that helps you to be secure and comfortable within your own mind. But, there are millions here who are really hurting. Do you think when they set up that soup kitchen in CM, and there was a 2 km. line around the moat, that they were doing that for fun? Do you have any idea how long a 2 km line takes, in the hot sun? Again, I go back to the expat retiree, with the comfy pension, rather insulated from the pain of a Thai trying to support and feed his family.

I'm a single Father of three, I know exactly how much it costs to feed people. That's the one thing in Thailand that is still cheap....food....I can cook a healthy chicken meal for 4 people at a cost of less than 10 Baht per person.....add in mama noodles or rice and fish sauce...costs a few thousand baht a month....don't tell me after being out of work for a few weeks, people haven't even got that.....I'm hardly preaching from a 100,000 baht a month pension either...not one single person in Thailand is starving because of this virus

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There are millions of people here without work, and who are simply trying to survive, and find their next meal. There are alot of cynics on this forum, who are enjoying their pensions or investments of 100,000 a month or more, while the majority of the population here, who were living hand to mouth before all of this happened, and before the simple minded economic shutdown occurred, and are now desperate. 

The government has done little to aid the masses. The first round of assistance had a rejection rate of over 80%, which demonstrated just how insincere the army is about helping the people, in their time of greatest need. 

Ask them what’s the most important thing - $$$

If it’s so fundamental why haven’t they got any?

lazy

Edited by Snackbar

On 4/22/2020 at 4:49 PM, Snackbar said:

Just went for a walk; daily exercise.

Saw a snake, a handful of pigeons, green papaya, wild basil and lemon grass.

Not to mention 150 monkeys and a massive lake full of fish. 

Which did you choose?