Getting addicted to Lazada?

Saltire

25 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

Thread hijack alert!! Has anybody ordered anything through Lazada that ships from overseas recently? And if so. any problems with delivery? 

Most of the items I have ordered recently have been inside Thailand... but I have ordered several items from China.  The only issue is that some of the delivery companies are overloaded so it might take a day longer than normal or so...  I think LEX might be more overloaded than Kerry since more merchants seem to be sending using Kerry right now.  As with China shipments - it always depends on the freight companies (not consistent necessarily) -- where the item sits waiting by the freight company for consolidation with other items (may be several days doing that sometimes).

Edited by bkkcanuck8
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Denim said:

Bought a telecaster copy from a shop on Lazada for 2700 baht. Was not expecting anything great but when it was delivered a couple of days later I was amazed at the quality of the guitar. Way above expectations.

Lazada itself is not a shop , just a selling platform for thousands of retailers , mostly good but with a few dodgy ones. You don't by from Lazada you buy on Lazada.

P_20200323_122146.jpg

That looks very interesting. What does it play like?

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

My wife said if this lockdown goes on any longer she's buying a sowing machine Im on first name terms with Lazada delivery  drivers 

Your wife has a farm?

• Haha 2

Just ordered a basketball set for the pool. It said seller is from Bangkok. Then checked the status, and the item is shipped from China. Sigh.

This is one of the drawbacks of living in Thailand, that you can't order freely from Amazon, which is so much better. Lazada's definitely a poor cousin.

Will try Aliexpress.

• Like 1

We have a big place with lots of grass, I cut the main areas but wife does round the edges with her B&D Edge cutters, she carries two in her garden truck and swaps between them when one gets hot.

Few days back they both quit working after a couple of years service, I ordered two new ones for her and they arrived just three days later each with free Stanley cutter knives. Great service great experience.

BD.JPG

• Like 1

So you'll now also be getting addicted to cancelled orders after waiting for weeks for them to be dispatched? And getting addicted to trying to return hooky goods that don't work to dodgy vendors? Lazada is better than nothing, but Amazon it is not!

1 hour ago, soisanuk said:

I have bought several items through Lazada - both their store and merchants that use their platform.  On two occasions, I had to send an item back - one purchased through their store for 11k baht and the other through a Bangkok merchant for around 800 baht. 

The experience with the Lazada store item was great - went online to note I wanted to return it (didn't work), for their store, they offer a return policy of within 14 days of delivery.  It was delivered by Kerry, they gave me an online bar code to print and put on the package for return by Kerry - Kerry scanned the code, printed the shipping label, and returned the package at no charge. Lazada processed the credit to my card a day after they received the item.

The Merchant was a bit different, plus for merchants, the return policy is 7 days.  Even so, went on Lazada online, they advised they would check with merchant, the merchant called me and I explained the problem (product was not as represented and would not work for my purpose).  Shortly thereafter, Lazada advised me send the item back - in this case, I paid for return shipping by post. Again, a refund to my card was made within a couple of days after the merchant received the return package.

Other than that, I have been happy with shopping using Lazada platform.  Also, since items from outside Thailand take longer for delivery, I like their search feature where you can restrict it to a Thailand based merchant.  I used COD feature the first time, but didn't like the idea of having to be sure I'm home and have exact amount available.  So I switched to paying for the item when ordered.

Thank you, I was starting a response and yours captured all my key points. I have about 400 Lazada transactions and am a big fan, for selection, for price and even for returns. A bore to folks buying electronics or appliances, I always stick to name brands which also often allows for competitive analysis across a broad range of vendors. And I look the history and reviews of the products and the sellers 

After my experience with HomePro 'curb' service yesterday I will definitely be using online shopping. Since I like to look and touch what I'm buying I will transition easily back to store shopping, but the delivery and curb service stinks.

39 minutes ago, Guderian said:

So you'll now also be getting addicted to cancelled orders after waiting for weeks for them to be dispatched? And getting addicted to trying to return hooky goods that don't work to dodgy vendors? Lazada is better than nothing, but Amazon it is not!

Guess I have been lucky - never had to return anything or chase a non delivery. Worst case driver tried to find me for 3 days then gave up. They told me he was 'new'. I imagined the poor sod driving aound Kanchanaburi for 3 days.

Just a quick post to say I am not actually addicted to Lazada, I started to use mail order when I moved here as we are 3 hours from the nearest BicC etc. I am happy to take a chance on problems but have been lucky so far. I always choose items with cash on delivery.

I used both amazon uk and com and was used to getting deliveries from both India and S Korea in 10 days or less. Everything was cheaper than Thailand especially my blood test kits for my glucose meter, which are extortionate when you can find them here.

Never tried Shoppee and the wife hasn't discovered that one yet!

On 4/21/2020 at 3:34 PM, Assurancetourix said:

I never buy anything on the internet and certainly not at Lazada which is often more expensive than in local shops.
but everyone does what they want with their money

I don't know what you bought on Lazada, but EVERYTHING (TV, Freezer/Fridge, jeans, green coffee beans, rechargeable batteries, lan 6 cables, ....) what I bought there was much more cheaper as in local shops.

2 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Thread hijack alert!! Has anybody ordered anything through Lazada that ships from overseas recently? And if so. any problems with delivery? 

I order the most things from china sellers. I have enough time to wait 8-14 days and never had a problem with delivery. Only with some items!!! ????

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

After my experience with HomePro

Just reading this name makes me laugh ...
It really is the kind of store you should avoid at all costs in Thailand;
there is a very large SCG warehouse that is located next to the Kubota garage before arriving in Sawang from Udon Thani;
it's the same kind of store as HomePro;
40 or 50 salespeople who turn their thumbs or rather watch bullsh*t on their smartphones;

they are unable to pronounce a word of English and in any case do not know what they are selling.

With that, crazy prices when we compare to the two very large stores that have been selling the same things for 40 years about 3 km from there, just at the entrance to Sawang;
Stores where you are received with a smile, and where the few employees know the huge warehouse by heart and take you directly where you are looking for your product;

Edited by Assurancetourix

18 hours ago, Saltire said:

Now that is what I call a bargain! Does it play well? I could be tempted!

When it arrived it had not been set up very well. No big deal. A truss rod adjustment and same for bridge saddles to lower the action and it plays well enough for the price. The neck quality especially is very good. Obviously , money has been saved on the pick ups but I have a great little practice amp ( NUX mighty light ) that can overcome any deficiency in that department. I have just ardered some brass bridge saddles but they are coming from China so not arrived yet. A long time agao I had a Tokai Breezysound tele which was said to be better than a real Fender. Tokai had to fight a copyright case over it. This Paramount copy is not as good as the Tokai but the price difference is huge.

17 hours ago, Purdey said:

That looks very interesting. What does it play like?

Already answered but if you are looking for a tele I think this one from Gusta would probably be better since it has humbuckers and individual string height and intonation adjustment. Been out of stock for months and I got bored waiting. Sods law, after I got the Paramount , a week later the Gusta was available again.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/gusta-gtl-01-hh-telecaster-electric-guitar-malz-music-i575776846-s1062822358.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1.2f24ae03r4ifXD&search=1

• Thanks 1

Yesterday my Mitsubishi water pump started leaking, one of the seals/orings was letting in air so we had no water. I have a spare so fitted the good pump.

I found a seal kit on Lazada and ordered it yesterday morning and it's just arrived.

Btw, I've ordered several items from China over the last few weeks, these items are still arriving after 10 day's or so

Lazada is pretty good, Customer Service is OK at best. every minor CS interactions ends with "I will escalate that for you and you will receive an email in 2-3 days"

It shows they have zero empowerment to give credits/refunds or do anything on their end, sad.

I have been using Shopee a bit more lately, even if it is a bit more difficult to setup AND navigate (half english, half thai)

on Lazada they have that Local checkbox on the left side that you can click to NOT see the "Overseas" (AKA China) stuff

on Shopee, you can choose which courrier you want (I prefer Kerry because they know where I am) - there is even a selection box on the left side if you absolutely don't want nothing but Kerry

I live on the 4th floor, other courriers always have to call me to explain where I am and that is out of my Thai language skills - I can somewhat explain it..  but they always have questions I don't understand/can't answer

so i am forced to run downstairs hoping to catch the owner to explain to them (sometimes twice!) and then go downstairs again when they finally show up

Kerry calls me when they are downstairs. always saying something similar to: Hello, This Kerry. 450 baht. OK! OK!

I'm up to 107 orders on Lazada. and seen that the first 50 or so orders were usually very small electronic adapters and knick nacks but I upgraded recently to much bigger items.

Can't tell you if it's because bigger or branded items were not as prominent back 6 years ago but it could be.

12 minutes ago, kekalot said:

I have been using Shopee a bit more lately, even if it is a bit more difficult to setup AND navigate (half english, half thai)

If you use Chrome to translate first page everything will be translated very well for session.  Right click in the red header and select translate to English.  

Edited by lopburi3

We've bought loads on Lazada and Shoppee befoe but now are hardly using it. The delivery guys don't look so easy and having strangers and boxes passing hands during a pandemic doesn't seem right.

I've read in other countries people leave their unattended delivered parcels and packages outside their doors for an extended 'quarantine' period before opening.

6 hours ago, malibukid said:

all kinds of cool stuff, just check the warranty however.

That is a good suggestion - first time I noticed or paid attention to that was this week.  I bought a R0de Procaster on Lazada (obviously not a cheap item).  Here is the selection of vendors selling it (the one I chose was fourth in the list since they were out of stock - so I had to wait until it was in stock...  now it is in stock it is first in the list.

Item 1 - From an authorized vendor - so you can register for the 10 year warranty as the original purchaser. [Millionhead Pro Audio - listed on R0de website as authorized]

Item 2 - From an unauthorized vendor - so you get the minimum warranty (1 year) [Vendor name: ACARE Chu Cream?? - sounds like a beauty vendor]

Item 3 & 4 - are fishing for people that don't know the value and have more money to waste than most (inflated MSRP by maybe 5+ times the real MSRP). 

Lazada-R0de-Procaster.jpg

• Like 1

I buy quite a lot from Lazada, mainly because I can't find it locally on the island I live, secondly because some products are so much cheaper – if only 10 percent cheaper I buy locally instead, but it's often (a lot) more.

Domestic items, which means stuff in stock in Thailand or locally produced, arrives within a few days, sometimes even next day, other times 3-4 days, which is very acceptable. Imported stuff from for example China takes a couple of weeks. Lazada is a great platform to compare prices and products, and also suppliers, as it's a trading platfor for various suppliers that got ratings for "shipping on time", product quality, and "response in chat". I can ask directly about products and delivery before buying.

What kind of stuff I've bought so far include among others: Canon camera lens; vitamins; almond flour (for homemade marcipan); DVD players (no one seem to sell that kind of old-fashioned grandfather stuff anymore, unfortunately I have a number of films on this out-of-date medium); Fender bass guitar and ditto amplifier for my daughter's birthday (perfect quality, price and delivery in time); LED bulbs; remote for TV; scanner for negative photos (an old-fashioned thing called "film"); a couple of wrist watches (brand name, perfect with international warranty, half price of what they sold it for in Central, but they don't stock that model anymore whilst Lazada got some 20+ suppliers to choose from); and ingredients for baking typically Danish Xmas cookies, ingredients that we cannot find anywhere in shops...????

Next stuff on wish-list – or just "to do list" – are custom printed coffee mugs; tube RIAA pre-amplifier (from China, a DJ-friend bought one, and it's actually good, even cheap); one more Fender amp for guitar and perhaps a Telecaster also; Leica camera (for gift); wifi wireless router (they don't locally stock the model I wish anymore); and of course more of the products my household regularly use.

I'm not addicted – that's something one is to Thaivisa Forum – but it's really both practical and money saving...????

Edited by khunPer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WorriedNoodle said:

We've bought loads on Lazada and Shoppee befoe but now are hardly using it. The delivery guys don't look so easy and having strangers and boxes passing hands during a pandemic doesn't seem right.

I've read in other countries people leave their unattended delivered parcels and packages outside their doors for an extended 'quarantine' period before opening.

You are spot on. I now have the driver drop the item into a plastic bag. He signs his phone for me so that I don't touch it. I remove all the packaging outside the house and leave it on the spot we burn our garbage (no choice before anyone shouts - I know it's not great). The item itself gets zero to minimum handling. Then it's a rigourous hand gel/soap wash. Wife and I have good teamwork here now, same when we bring food into the house.

1 hour ago, VYCM said:

Yesterday my Mitsubishi water pump started leaking, one of the seals/orings was letting in air so we had no water. I have a spare so fitted the good pump.

I found a seal kit on Lazada and ordered it yesterday morning and it's just arrived.

Btw, I've ordered several items from China over the last few weeks, these items are still arriving after 10 day's or so

As a matter of interest, what model Mitsu pump do you have? Reason I ask I have a 255Q model that runs spasmodically without any taps open, so it may need something replacing.

10 minutes ago, khunPer said:

a couple of wrist watches (brand name, perfect with international warranty, half price of what they sold it for in Central  

I guess you have to be careful with watches on Lazada as I several name brands, like Seiko and G Shocks at prices so cheap they would have to be fakes.

8 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I guess you have to be careful with watches on Lazada as I several name brands, like Seiko and G Shocks at prices so cheap they would have to be fakes.

Yes, if you can buy a Rolex for 4,999 baht it's probably as fake as the genuine copies they sell on night-markets.

One of the wrist watches I bought is a Seiko, a replacement for one I unfortunately dropped and broke after almost 10 years daily use. I liked that watch, so exactly same model – army automatic – so I could compare. It's the original, and if not, then the copy is so perfect that I don't care. Anyway little less than 2,500 baht instead of almost 5,000 baht in Central, so I can afford the loss...????

yep, I wouldn't buy luxury items such as watches and even most clothes on Lazada myself.

only time I did order clothes they were cargo shorts, needed side pocket to put my phone when riding motorbike, bought one

and then when i figured it was correct size went and bought 5 more.

On 4/21/2020 at 9:34 AM, Assurancetourix said:

I never buy anything on the internet and certainly not at Lazada which is often more expensive than in local shops.
but everyone does what they want with their money

Or do what they want with my money. I only use Lazada for the occasional essential that I can't source elsewhere. However, since the lockdown, my wife has daily deliverys, always COD. Strange how she's nowhere to be found when Lazada pull up at the gate.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Yes, if you can buy a Rolex for 4,999 baht it's probably as fake as the genuine copies they sell on night-markets.

One of the wrist watches I bought is a Seiko, a replacement for one I unfortunately dropped and broke after almost 10 years daily use. I liked that watch, so exactly same model – army automatic – so I could compare. It's the original, and if not, then the copy is so perfect that I don't care. Anyway little less than 2,500 baht instead of almost 5,000 baht in Central, so I can afford the loss...????

There's heaps of Seiko diver watches at less than 2500 baht, which have to be fakes, as the real model is twice to three time that price. https://www.lazada.co.th/products/seiko-automatic-diver-200m-mens-watch-skx009k1-by-i-watch-i797500493-s1603292773.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.9.15d92c43WkBEbs&search=1

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/search-results-web-results-seiko-prospex-orange-turtle-asia-srpc95k1-i846974644-s1719004755.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1.5bf56d0boNM6Q9&search=1