Getting addicted to Lazada?

Saltire

42 minutes ago, giddyup said:

As a matter of interest, what model Mitsu pump do you have? Reason I ask I have a 255Q model that runs spasmodically without any taps open, so it may need something replacing.

The part I bought fits 205 to 355.

Take the lid off and look for leaks. 

I have a spare pump because the original pump had its holding tank rust.

I bought a new tank for less than 2000 baht. 

Screenshot_20200424_151614.jpg

• Like 1

We like Lazada, often many different prices for the same thing, delivery generally quick, we are building another house and saving a lot on many items with Lazada, they are fair and honest on returns

We have about ten deliveries a week

• Like 1

16 hours ago, VYCM said:
17 hours ago, giddyup said:

As a matter of interest, what model Mitsu pump do you have? Reason I ask I have a 255Q model that runs spasmodically without any taps open, so it may need something replacing.

The part I bought fits 205 to 355.

Take the lid off and look for leaks. 

I have a spare pump because the original pump had its holding tank rust.

I bought a new tank for less than 2000 baht. 

Mitsubishi has a great product, my water pumps are old, bought the house new 2003, my family and I have been living here and the water pump gets a lot of use.
As I said earlier, my first pump I replaced the rusty tank, it was around 8 years ago and now fitting new O-rings (original Mitsubishi from Lazada delivered the next day) on the second pump.
Mitsubishi changed their design on their pump water tanks around 6 years ago to, I was told stainless Steel, so if you've got a recent model pump I shouldn't think it's the tank leaking.

Like I said, I reckon Lazada is the best thing since sliced bread, so is TVF, the information we can access is awesome.

IMG_20200424_170926.jpg

Edited by VYCM

23 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Lazada is great for service and delivery, but they won't take any action over their sellers for poor quality stuff.

ie, I bought motorbike saddlebags from them only a few months ago, the zips came apart on both bags within the last two weeks.

Also, I bought the numbers for Windows 10, and they sent me the wrong numbers, their chatline is a lot of nonsense and a complete waste of time also.

Not my experience bought a canon printer would not print seller refused a refund contacted Lazada thru chatline  they intervened within 7 days refund was given. I have always found Lazada customer friendly,not so with some sellers. 

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I would not call myself addicted, but I love Lazada. They are fast, efficient, alot of products are reasonable, and delivery with Kerry is great. And what is the alternative here? Not like we have a dozen similar platforms to work with. I think they do a great job. As long as you are a discriminating buyer, do your research, and price shop, Lazada offers a great service. 

A good example is I bought a canon printer 1st failed defective 2nd I found identical model for half the price delivered with 3 days.

On 4/24/2020 at 6:52 AM, gjoo888 said:

I couldn't agree less. I bought a 55" Sony TV for almost 5,000 Baht less on Lazada than I could find at the local stores, and it was delivered the next day. I bought a Xiaomi phone for 2,000 Baht less on Lazada after checking all the shops at Fortune Town, and they also threw in a free Xiaomi Smart Watch. I've also bought two SSD hard drives for much less than I could buy them at Fortune Town. I always check the brick and mortar stores and Lazada before I buy almost anything, and Lazada is cheaper almost every single time, and quite often, much cheaper.

me too find lazada quite good and cheap, and they have many days with even cheaper promotions.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VYCM said:

Mitsubishi has a great product, my water pumps are old, bought the house new 2003, my family and I have been living here and the water pump gets a lot of use.
As I said earlier, my first pump I replaced the rusty tank, it was around 8 years ago and now fitting new O-rings (original Mitsubishi from Lazada delivered the next day) on the second pump.
Mitsubishi changed their design on their pump water tanks around 6 years ago to, I was told stainless Steel, so if you've got a recent model pump I shouldn't think it's the tank leaking. 

My Mitsu pump is 10 years old and the tank has rusted through a couple of times, but I patched it with epoxy and it's still holding up. Eventually either a new pump or tank will be needed.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, VYCM said:

Indeed they have been the de facto standard tank to home pump for many decades here (bought our house in 1975).  But indeed the tanks have not lasted long without rust through (but take that into context when storage tanks were gal steel square 1 meter size - which rusted even faster).  SS and plastic/fiberglass greatly helped for storage tanks.  But for some who want normal western world pressure shallow well pumps have just not been very good in that regard.  Grundfos solved that, at a price. 

21 hours ago, lopburi3 said:
23 hours ago, VYCM said:

Indeed they have been the de facto standard tank to home pump for many decades here (bought our house in 1975).  But indeed the tanks have not lasted long without rust through (but take that into context when storage tanks were gal steel square 1 meter size - which rusted even faster).  SS and plastic/fiberglass greatly helped for storage tanks.  But for some who want normal western world pressure shallow well pumps have just not been very good in that regard.  Grundfos solved that, at a price. 

Wow, bought the house in 1975, I was still at school.

So you've lived in the same house for most of your life, have you lived in Thailand for that duration continually?
I was in my late 30s when I had my house built, I like the area so I don't want to move, saying that I’d like to build another house within this gated community.

I'd really like to know how many people out there have lived in Thailand for 40, 50 years continually, never leaving……….this is a whole other Forum.

I've been very fortunate, working offshore in different countries around the world with a 28 day rotation. Having the opportunity to get away gave my liver a break, enough time to repair any damage I may have done. I've had the worst hangovers getting off the rig and drinking 20 or so beers (always an esky full of ice cold beer once off the chopper) after 28 days without.

Over the years when working on the rig I'd be sat at my desk looking through the Lazada website ordering stuff, the satellite bandwidth was slow but always managed to buy something every hitch.

Work has slowed down these days, not drinking as much so liver damage is not an issue, also my teenage kids keep me busy now.

I'm having thoughts about going back to Australia for my kids and their university needs.

58 minutes ago, VYCM said:

So you've lived in the same house for most of your life, have you lived in Thailand for that duration continually?

Intermittent until retirement in 1992 - been living here since.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 10:00 AM, Guderian said:

So you'll now also be getting addicted to cancelled orders after waiting for weeks for them to be dispatched? And getting addicted to trying to return hooky goods that don't work to dodgy vendors? Lazada is better than nothing, but Amazon it is not!

Yes, maybe they don't do as much dumpster diving to find things to sell on Lazada as Amazon ????

On 4/24/2020 at 12:18 PM, Denim said:

Already answered but if you are looking for a tele I think this one from Gusta would probably be better since it has humbuckers and individual string height and intonation adjustment. Been out of stock for months and I got bored waiting. Sods law, after I got the Paramount , a week later the Gusta was available again.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/gusta-gtl-01-hh-telecaster-electric-guitar-malz-music-i575776846-s1062822358.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1.2f24ae03r4ifXD&search=1

Thanks... Took your recommendation and have now ordered this one - it looks good. Just hope the action is reasonable (lowish string height), as I've never tried any adjusting before. Maybe it's a good time to learn! ????

Actually, it was a toss-up between a Les Paul or this one. Not having played for the last 20 (or more) years, I reckoned this one would be maybe easier to handle.

Anyway - looking forward to playing once again - but not looking forward to the (for a while) painful fingertips! ????

Cheers - and appreciated ???? ????

I just recently bought a ps4 from lazada, as boredom was killing me, especially with no alcohol.

I also use shopee as well, bought a sony 4k camera and a gimble from there.

Lazada dont seem to do cash on delivery anymore for me.

Is the no cash on delivery for everywhere?

Or certain places?

4 minutes ago, jimmjam said:

Lazada dont seem to do cash on delivery anymore for me.

I order from lazada at least twice a week and have always used cash on delivery. Some sellers might not allow it, and some extremely huge orders require payment. I ordered a 75" UHD TV that required payment prior to shipping but that's about it. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, scooterboy said:

Thanks... Took your recommendation and have now ordered this one - it looks good. Just hope the action is reasonable (lowish string height), as I've never tried any adjusting before. Maybe it's a good time to learn! ????

Actually, it was a toss-up between a Les Paul or this one. Not having played for the last 20 (or more) years, I reckoned this one would be maybe easier to handle.

Anyway - looking forward to playing once again - but not looking forward to the (for a while) painful fingertips! ????

Cheers - and appreciated ???? ????

There are loads of tutorials on you tube on how to set up a guitar re action etc. I learnt a lot including truss rod tensioning to straighten neck. Even if you don't play it much it will be nice to look at !!

Don't play mine much because I also have 2 acoustics but fancied a little electric after a break of 35 years.

Hope it arrives safely and is as good as it looks. I guess you must already have an amplifier. If not the NUX mighty light is a great amp for the money.

On 4/27/2020 at 7:53 AM, Denim said:

There are loads of tutorials on you tube on how to set up a guitar re action etc. I learnt a lot including truss rod tensioning to straighten neck. Even if you don't play it much it will be nice to look at !!

Don't play mine much because I also have 2 acoustics but fancied a little electric after a break of 35 years.

Hope it arrives safely and is as good as it looks. I guess you must already have an amplifier. If not the NUX mighty light is a great amp for the money.

Wow - neat amp!! ????

But yes, I already have an amp from way back when and currently connected to my Yamaha keyboard. The guitar finally turned up late yesterday - quick service, I must say. Kudos to that seller, he certainly doesn't drag out the time. A great guitar - almost like the real thing, though the strings aren't perhaps the best or most expensive. It was well packed and the carrying bag was a nice touch, along with the cable, a plectrum and string-height adjustment key. I found a free and excellent app on the playstore to tune the guitar and it sounds pretty good - only able to play a clean tone with no added effects at the moment. Still, I'm waiting for more accessories (from China, I guess), before I can use it properly.

I've ordered a Mosky 4-in-1 stomp box - which doesn't come with a 9V adapter - and I've no idea what might be an appropriate adapter, nobody seems to recommend one, either. I guess I'll have to wait and see the Mosky and try to figure it out from there.

I was rather expecting the guitar action to be higher than I'd wanted, but at the moment I'm well pleased and will be patient until my fingertips are used to the guitar. Maybe then I'll lower it very slightly - maybe not.

One thing's certain - I'm knocked dead by all the stuff (free and paid) that's available via the internet to help you on your way. YT is a boon and my best friend for learning new things. Hell, there was nothing like that when I first picked up a guitar decades ago. You had to pay a small fortune for a crappy songbook with songs written in weird keys and with chords that were virtually impossible to play.

Yep - looking forward to getting started - and again, many thanks for your recommendations and interest. ???? ????

Cheers

Edited by scooterboy