Travel Advice

easyozzi

I am a UK National, but have been living in Chiang Mai for the last 15yrs. I'm currently in West Africa on work assignment and have been for the last 10 weeks (and counting). I'm attempting to fly back to Thailand rather than head back to UK and self quarantine there for two weeks and then attempt to fly to Thailand end of May/early June.

The majority of flights through UAE (my normal route) wont resume flights until June 1st but I have seen one option via an East African hub which is due to commence flights to BKK on May 1st. Question being - is it still Fit To Fly certificate and Medical Insurance that I need to supply on arrival?

I had read reports previously of a negative COVID-19 test result was required as well. On checking into this, I cannot get a COVID-19 test unless I am showing symptoms of the virus itself - does anyone have the most up to date information on this? I will be departing a country with less than 700 cases and transiting through another country with less than 200 cases.

Also - on arrival and clearing Customs & Immigration, are new arrivals still being driven to quarantine centres in Chonburi ?

Last question (I promise) - as domestic flights appear to be grounded for some weeks yet, is it still possible for me to drive to Chiang Mai once I have cleared quarantine and would that then mean a further two week quarantine on arrival there ?

As of now,  only Thai nationals are let into the country. And only 200 per day.

(Plus some through land borders)

They need to apply beforehand,  and need to stay 2 weeks in government quarantine (designated hotels,  they are transported there by designated vehicles)- not home quarantine.