Lockdown loosening

poohy

In Bangkok it's the same.

On the ground floor of our condo building are several shops, not visible from the street. Almost all of them opened again.

Beauty and massage salons, barber shops in our soi...  A notice on the door that they are closed. But for a private appointment you can call a phone number and they will open the door for you.

People have to eat. And if the government fails to help people, they will have to come up with something themselves.

• Like 2

Chiangmai seen a few non essential shops already open, the longer the government delay the more will open, they cannot afford not to.

Bought some eye drops from a pharmacy in a well known supermarket,neither of the staff were wearing masks.

I guess the pm has yet to receive the go ahead.

• Like 1

Just now, Thailand said:

Chiangmai seen a few non essential shops already open, the longer the government delay the more will open, they cannot afford not to.

Whenever I go to the store or do business around town, I always see lots of people out and about. And yes, non essential business open. Many are closed but, I get the idea it was not all that serious after week one. 

• Like 1

Certainly absolutely no booze available in Pattaya city not even in Mom and Pop stores . A couple of bars selling drinks under cover in my condo block have been fined 100,000 baht. The only easing I have seen is that BigC has now opened up it's kitchenware and mobile phone areas. Clothing and bedding are roped off.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JusticeGB said:

Certainly absolutely no booze available in Pattaya city not even in Mom and Pop stores . A couple of bars selling drinks under cover in my condo block have been fined 100,000 baht. The only easing I have seen is that BigC has now opened up it's kitchenware and mobile phone areas. Clothing and bedding are roped off.

He Just delivered normal prices he had a car full dont know where he got it from but seems no shortage now

I appreciate this is country living and can be very different from city life, the mrs said the pick ups in the night are fishing crews from the burmese camps just down the road going to boats 

Today's morning market was heaving 

Now all we need is bloody running water every day!

Edited by poohy
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, JusticeGB said:

I am told by a Thai that if you ask the Big C staff you want to buy something from the roped off areas they will say OK. This in a large BKK Big C.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JusticeGB said:

Certainly absolutely no booze available in Pattaya city not even in Mom and Pop stores .

I had no problem stocking up in the first few days of the ban, but the small distributors seemed to be unable to restock so once it was gone it was gone.  However that seems to have changed again recently for at least one. ????

6 hours ago, Thailand said:

Bought some eye drops from a pharmacy in a well known supermarket,neither of the staff were wearing masks.

I guess the pm has yet to receive the go ahead.

I was at Big C Mae Hia this morning and when driving out I thought I saw HomePro openly not 100% sure.

Ok post #8 may have answered that.

Edited by Dazinoz

8 minutes ago, Postmaster said:

The Government are expecting to make an announcement next week after looking at the Covid-19 figures at that time and after taking scientific and technical advice.

... and consulting their favorite fortune tellers.

• Like 1

It looks like Thailand may be open again in June . Whether this is based on playing loosely with the facts of the virus impact on the population or just a simple economic necessity is up for grabs but no matter . 
Thailand might let you in .... but will your government let you out will Be the next hurdle for those of us missing LOS.

They’re actually really smart where we live. I noticed some stores alternate being open and closed on some days but pretty much everything has been open and still is. People do go out to the store at night as well. People go to the mall but most stores in the mall are closed. I was able to go by something from the mall earlier this month and it was slightly a hassle but not that bad. The mall is open but drastically keeping the crowds small!! I don’t think we even have a curfew up here I was at Seven Eleven after midnight last night and lots of people were out.

Looks like they have already started opening shops back up yesterday!!! 

17 hours ago, dimitriv said:

In Bangkok it's the same.

On the ground floor of our condo building are several shops, not visible from the street. Almost all of them opened again.

Beauty and massage salons, barber shops in our soi...  A notice on the door that they are closed. But for a private appointment you can call a phone number and they will open the door for you.

People have to eat. And if the government fails to help people, they will have to come up with something themselves.

Bangkok opened up several businesses April 14. It was in every news website. But no bars or restaurants. Restaurants still can only do take away. 

I had to go and do my retirement extension today,and i said to the wife,

it seems people don't want to stay inside any more, the traffic was nearly

back to normal, lots of people about when i went to the bank.

regards worgeordie

Four weeks ago I was upbraided by Paw Luang for not wearing a mask. This last few days I notice workers on his new house extension working maskless. There has been no case of Covid-19 in our tambol at all nor in Chiang Mai province for 2 weeks.

15 hours ago, terryofcrete said:

It looks like Thailand may be open again in June . Whether this is based on playing loosely with the facts of the virus impact on the population or just a simple economic necessity is up for grabs but no matter . 
Thailand might let you in .... but will your government let you out will Be the next hurdle for those of us missing LOS.

Also depends on airlines flying..

Thailand has low numbers of cases and deaths compared to other countries. So should be able to open before June 

Seems crazy to have us all in lockdown in Chiang Mai with what 40 reported cases of cover-19 from a month ago. How many hundreds of thousands are hunkering down here, wearing masks religiously glaring at others who come to close, never hearing so much as a single cough.  Our immune systems are of course more sensitive to the virus now being hid away for 50 days and herd immunity is non-existent.There is almost no motorcycle shop open to repair anything, smaller restaurants are closed. Hair cutting salons closed. UNLESS it is understood that there are hundreds of viruses laden people still secretly surging into the hospitals and because of this we are all being protected from ourselves, this seems loco loco loco.