Drug championed by Trump for coronavirus shows no benefit, possible harm in study awaiting validation

webfact

A Michigan state lawmaker infected with COVID-19 is crediting the controversial anti-malarial drughydroxychloroquine with saving her life — saying she felt better within a few hours of taking her prescription.

Democratic state Rep. Karen Whitsett of DetroIt.

She sounds like someone who owns a MAGA Hat?  She claims Hydoxychloroquine saved her life.  Is she lying?  It does help some with Covid 19.  It may not help others.  This latest study is not all conclusive.  If I had Covdid 19 and was in the ICU then I say what the hell find me some.  The same will probably be said of Abigan and Remdesivir.  

Also, what is this financial connection between the makers of HydroxyCholorquine and Donald Trump?  A lot it is made in India?  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Help me out here--do you think that multiple news reports stating the drug doesn't work is evidence it works?

Not so abundant:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stephaniesarkis/2020/04/13/trumps-hydroxychloroquine-focus-causes-a-shortage-for-others/#626ea84e539e

https://www.newsweek.com/fda-shortage-hydroxychloroquine-chloroquine-1495555

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/04/18/hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus-creates-shortage-lupus-drug/5129896002/

Regardless of the price, if it doesn't work, or increases the chance of death, it's not a good treatment.

A doctor describing the treatment of patients, who apparently were not seriously ill, on Sean Hannity's radio show.  Is this your idea of a legitimate scientific study?

It shows all media says same thing word by word. Controlled by same entities. They can't be trusted

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Can't blame Trump. He was just watching Fox news and they ran a short clip on it. As that is where he gets his news, he got all excited. Our ADD boy in action. 

Trump only has a small share in the company selling the stuff, while the owner gave a million USD to his election campaign.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

A post containing unattributed content and the replies have been removed.

Posts using unapproved social media content and the replies have been removed:

18) Social Media content is not to be used as  source material unless it is from a recognized or approved news media source,  the source of any such material (Twitter, Facebook  etc.) should always be shown.

15 minutes ago, Carsten007 said:

The treatment goes like this:

- Chloroquine AND

- Zinc AND

- Azithromycin

Must start early, once in ICU is late.

Chloroquine allows the Zinc into the cells where Zinc stops viral replication.

Azithromycin works antiviral as well by attaching to certain mRNA inside cells, thus making it more difficult for other viral RNA.

Latest findings talk about Prevotella bacteria getting infected by SARS Cov2 (prolonged incubation, hiding of the virus, explaining the test inaccuracies + re-infection), hence a antibiotic is necessary.

Augmentin was mentioned.

Any studies that dont follow this protocol are not much worth, its a cocktail.

CDC knew since 2005 that Chloroquin works against SARS.

https://techstartups.com/2020/03/20/breaking-new-evidence-shows-cdc-knew-since-least-2005-chloroquine-effective-coronaviruses/

Its purely politics and money. 

Same <deleted>storm had Trump recommended Aspirin.

Yes, clearly it's all a conspiracy! Now where did I put my tinfoil hat.......????

Edited by Phoenix Rising
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

A Michigan state lawmaker infected with COVID-19 is crediting the controversial anti-malarial drughydroxychloroquine with saving her life — saying she felt better within a few hours of taking her prescription.

Democratic state Rep. Karen Whitsett of DetroIt.

She sounds like someone who owns a MAGA Hat?  She claims Hydoxychloroquine saved her life.  Is she lying?  It does help some with Covid 19.  It may not help others.  This latest study is not all conclusive.  If I had Covdid 19 and was in the ICU then I say what the hell find me some.  The same will probably be said of Abigan and Remdesivir.  

Also, what is this financial connection between the makers of HydroxyCholorquine and Donald Trump?  A lot it is made in India?  

"This latest study is not all conclusive."

So don't push it yet.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

It has now been proven it’s not even a promising treatment. Could have save him a lot of controversies if he just leave the science related matters to the scientist. 

It looks like it, but too early to conclude it is not a promising or good treatment.

1 minute ago, Henryford said:

They will rush out any drug now and say it's a "cure". There are billions of profit involved. Who cares if it works.

Tell that to the families of the dead, who may died as part of the "cure".

Sometimes it pays to proceed slowly, when you are dealing with a new virus.

It is a little like the rushing to medicate with too large doses of AZT in the early HIV epidemic. The drug is still used in some case in smaller doses, and in combination with other therapies, but caused so many to die too soon.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, stevenl said:

The sad thing is that with a post like that you're calling the medical experts idiots. That doesn't leave many complimentary options to call you.

In this world, we have people able to think and understand, and others..

I guess that you know where you belong ❤️

Edited by rech
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pmarlin said:

A very small study, Less than 100 elderly veterans.  Several large studies are going on now on this some with thousands. That is why almost all major news outlets ignored this story.  Before jumping to conclusions better to wait and see.

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Trump should have follow your advise and not promote the drug before studies are completed. Really not late for him to correct himself but alas he just not that kind of person. 

2 hours ago, pmarlin said:

Why do you have to make this political.  

LOL.  Not every comment is "political" just because a politician's name is used.  Sheesh!  You've somehow confused common sense advice with political commentary.

• Sad 1