Thailand reports 15 new COVID-19 cases, 37 provinces without cases in last 14 days

webfact

1 hour ago, mommysboy said:

Well, take a look at the USA, UK, Italy and Spain where lockdown happened too late.

Yes, at some point hard decisions have to be made though.  

The US is at 128 deaths per million whereas Spain is at 446 per, Italy is at 399 and just for fun, the UK is at 243 but good of you to lump them in there.

19 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

... the need to rush to open hair dressers and gyms here as i am not sure of the way they are kept sanitary.  Do people actually spray and wipe the equipment after they use it?

Why do you mention these ? Is there something specific about them you know ?

Will anyone who can use their psychic powers to verify the "official" numbers please levitate my arm.

~o:37;

Edited by orang37
memory recovered after alien abduction
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RedRoadRunner said:

This seems to be a total joke to me, 50 deaths. Was the cause of that proven to be from Covid 19? How many of them died of other causes, where the virus was found in the body?

For example in Italy no exact cause of death was determined AT ALL !

a study says that around 5% of the fatalities are Covid 19 related.

How many people worldwide die every year of pneumonia, Malaria and HIV/AIDS?

There are millions of those every year !

These Covid 19 death numbers are at best laughable and the measures taken are totally over the top. But it is a good chance for governments to demonstrate what they are able to do and how far they can push their citizens..........

The WHO are trying to dictate that these shutdowns are the new normal.It's just getting more and more like the movie V for Vendetta it's uncanny!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I remember a story about a month ago where the figure of 3,000 cases by the end of April was predicted by some minister or "expert".Just wondering if he had some inside knowledge of the forth coming program?

He just had crystal balls ! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

This is great new, fantastic news.......................problem is I just don't believe a word of it.

Tell people the same lie for long enough and eventually they'll believe it.....

42 minutes ago, DrTuner said:
57 minutes ago, SkyFax said:

And the commies get it straight out of Goebbels (as attributed) "The Big Lie":

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_lie#Goebbels's_use_of_the_expression

Ah yes, thanks. Fascists & commies, cousins at war. Goebbels was pretty proficient at it.

Your'e welcome. I figure as long as you are going to accuse the Thai Government and MOPH of lies, falsifying data,  and spewing propaganda, you might as well get your aspersions properly attributed.

Edited by SkyFax
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

This is great new, fantastic news.......................problem is I just don't believe a word of it.

It may come as a surprise but it is totally irrelevant what you believe.

The only thing that means anything is reality and unlike many other countries the hospitals in Thailand are working as normal and no great queues at the crematoriums.

If you really want something that is quite unbelievable, look at the UK. The ONS announced yesterday that total deaths for Week 15 were 85% above the 5 year average.

31 minutes ago, garygooner said:

Why do Thai scientists, so called experts talk about loosening restrictions in stages so as to avoid a second wave. US and many European countries have had a wave, Thailand hasn't even had a ripple. (going by the numbers that is) 

Thai scientists likely don't go by the numbers you see here. They have access to more data.

35 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

It's important to note about that 140k tests done figure: that number keeps getting bigger as tests performed are included (they include those in the hospitals but not done at the official labs). However, not all tests performed are counted in regards to positive results being counted in the positive cases category. As we know those cases are only counted if their tests were done (and reconfirmed) at the two official labs. If we only count those tests, then the number is much less than 140k. 

And there's no way for us simple earthlings to know how many the official reference labs have done. MoPH deleted the pending tests figure from their reports, also from already published ones. Until then the diagnosis queue rose linearly with the PUI increase, indicating there was a bottleneck. Now it's unknown to the general public.

Since that post MoPH has deleted the original report completely ( 404, https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/file/situation/situation-no89-010463.pdf ) , but as I wrote there earlier, Internet Archives has one stored and I also attached the reports at that time to the thread.

Edited by DrTuner
grammar

27 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

It's important to note about that 140k tests done figure: that number keeps getting bigger as tests performed are included (they include those in the hospitals but not done at the official labs). However, not all tests performed are counted in regards to positive results being counted in the positive cases category. As we know those cases are only counted if their tests were done (and reconfirmed) at the two official labs. If we only count those tests, then the number is much less than 140k. 

Yes the number of tests carried out is very different from the number of people actually tested. As an example of this the UK publishes both figures daily. For example on the 19th April the UK had:

Tests: 21,626

Number of people tested: 15,944

A large difference and one that would considerably lower official Thai tested figures down.

Of course Bangkok shows higher figures.

The 2 main International airports are there............Oh

Open them again to tourists too early & we could be toast.

I would not worry too much about 8 guys who live here having a quiet drink in a bar

1 hour ago, JCP108 said:

So why count the tests if they don’t count the results of the tests as it kind of defeats the purpose of the tests?

59 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Well, take a look at the USA, UK, Italy and Spain where lockdown happened too late.

Yes, at some point hard decisions have to be made though.  

And now take a look at twenty or so countries which haven't resorted to economy-wrecking lockdowns, while achieving lower death-rates.

How many more times does it need to be emphasised that vast majority of people who become infected by this over-hyped virus will suffer only mild symptoms or none at all? Official figures show up to 98 percent of confirmed cases go on to make a full recovery.

Putting entire populations under house arrest for months on end can only delay the attainment of herd immunity.

From the very start, the main priority should have been to isolate the elderly, whom we knew from China's demographics were the only group at serious risk of severe illness and death. This didn't happen, and Italy was the first country to pay the terrible price, followed by Spain and, latterly, the UK.

Care homes are known in the trade as "granny farms". Routinely, they are run on a shoestring, with the minimum of qualified nursing staff and limited medical facilities and equipment totally inadequate for dealing with any unexpected emergency.

And that is how they were left even as the world was being alerted to the appraoch of   "deadly" pandemic. Soon, the virus as ripping through care homes like a forest fire. Residents, the media graphically informed us, were "dying like flies". We were regaled with horror stories of overwhelmed staff fleeing homes, leaving behind dead and dying patients.

More pandemics, we are told, are waiting in the wings. If they are right, one can only hope our politicians and their so-called health experts have learned the lessons of their tragic mishandling of the current pandemic. Once is more than enough.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

About 2 deaths per million population... Hardly seems worth all the long term suffering that has been created ??

Just stop and think about it if no steps had been taken to control the out break what would the infection rate have been. The only reason for low infection rate and by extension death rate has been the control taken. Closing shops, bars, clubs, restaruants.

2 hours ago, Elreeco said:

Tell people the same lie for long enough and eventually they'll believe it.....

Many on here should be aware of the famous   " but she's different"

on second thought,  they might just believe it. 

then there is always the  "hansum man"  one      hahaha

which one do you guys fall for ?

2 hours ago, Aland said:

The US is at 128 deaths per million whereas Spain is at 446 per, Italy is at 399 and just for fun, the UK is at 243 but good of you to lump them in there.

New York state the figure is 1004 deaths per million, New Jersey 535, Connecticut 397, Louisiana 301 and Massachusetts 297.

The overall US figure is lower as its a much bigger country and less densely populated in most parts. Same effect in China for the same reasons. Take the NE states by themselves and it doesn't look quite as good.

3 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Right, so the one party goer that dropped dead has not been recorded. Begs the question how many others.

EDIT: This one for those not familiar with the matter:

I notice that but I was waiting a few days to see thinking there might be a day or two to report death it did not say wat the cause of death was might be drink related or heart attack or of cause covid.

I will look at that area for a few days to see if there are any more infections

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, offset said:

I notice that but I was waiting a few days to see thinking there might be a day or two to report death it did not say wat the cause of death was might be drink related or heart attack or of cause covid.

Whatever it was, he was probably BBQd yesterday so no way to do any further tests.

29 minutes ago, moe666 said:

Just stop and think about it if no steps had been taken to control the out break what would the infection rate have been. The only reason for low infection rate and by extension death rate has been the control taken. Closing shops, bars, clubs, restaruants.

Did you see the studies being done in the US, antibody testing and more than 4% tested have had the virus.. That means the actual numbers of infected are much higher than reported... Which also means the mortality rate is a lot less than they have reported... 

For sure they needed to do something but if Thailand's numbers are correct, then there will be a lot more suffering because of the action taken. That's all I'm saying

Edited by cornishcarlos