Johnson under fire over handling of coronavirus crisis

snoop1130

43 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

I see the BoJo apologists are out and about. 

Let them answer this: if Johnson's initial response was the best he could do at the time, why did he deliberately not attend five Cobra meetings on the virus? 

That's not a mistake, that's not even incompetence. That's ignoring his responsibility as Prime Minister. 

he is not required to go to every cobra meeting as he can use his underlings

• Like 2

Just now, CG1 Blue said:

Johnson was following the advice of SAGE and NERVTAG. At the time when he didn't attend the COBRA meetings, SAGE and NERVTAG advised that the Covid 19 threat level was 'moderate'. 

The Times article you are referring to is riddled with contradictions and inconsistencies. It is sensationalising for the sake of it. Articles like this bank on people not reading thoroughly enough, or researching, and falling for the sound bites. 

so you think johnson did the right thing at the right time and all is going well.

• Like 2

As I have been totally outsmarted and overtaken by spiraling events so I think some slack should be given to Boris and co mistakes have been made lives have been lost vast amounts of cash has been thrown even I got a bit now a habitual resident granted, and a little bit of universal credit to boot who would've thought that after 20 years away these are unequaled unknown times where no one knows what the hell will happen next ????     

• Like 2
  • Sad 1