Best Route To Bangkok Hospital Pattaya from Darkside?

patsfangr

I live near the east end of Soi Nernplubwarn (Soi Muslim). I have to take my wife to BHP Friday morning. Is there any way to get to the hospital without getting delayed at a checkpoint? Normally I'd either take the highway to Suk; turn right; pass Pattaya Nua to the hospital ... OR take Soi Siam to Suk; turn left; take the U-turn before the turn to Pattaya Klang; drive straight north to the hospital. I think that either route now would require going through a checkpoint. Is that correct? If so, is there any way to make this trip without hitting a checkpoint? 

• Thanks 1

It's schlep but if you get onto the railway rd & head north until you get to the 3240 then turn left that will bring you down to the Suk, turn left onto the Suk then keep on & uturn just past BPH & bob's your uncle.

You could go down a load of small sois before the 3240 but it would take longer unless you really knew your back doubles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, SidJames said:

It's schlep but if you get onto the railway rd & head north until you get to the 3240 then turn left that will bring you down to the Suk, turn left onto the Suk then keep on & uturn just past BPH & bob's your uncle.

You could go down a load of small sois before the 3240 but it would take longer unless you really knew your back doubles.

You are basically saying the U-Turn immediately before Nua (heading South) is open and without checks? A little surprising as from there you could access Soi Photisan and hence Naklua. 

• Haha 1

Getting back from BHP will require going through a checkpoint as well as they have one set up at the U-Turn just past the hospital. In fact, based on the map, you have to go to the next U-Turn past the one that is right by the hospital, turn and come back, then go through the checkpoint set up at the first U-Turn (the one right at the market, shortly before Mini-Siam. The u-turn closest to the hospital is being used to send traffic back to the North.
(Remember in diagrams the city put out, North is at the bottom of the diagrams and - obviously - South is at the top.)
93791885_3308264522517602_189778082071052288_n.jpg.46481c2e48109cbb5877f0b2af25aa72.jpg

I don't know if they've blocked all the sois/roads leading into Naklua like they did at the south end of Jomtien. By my count, between Checkpoint 1 (at the Maryvit school intersection) and Checkpoint 2 (at Mini-Siam) there are 8 sois leading from the highway into Naklua as well as 13 different routes you could use to get from the railway bypass to Sukhumvit in that same area.
(There is also the Pattaya-Naklua road running along the ocean but they could easily block that at the intersection of the soi leading from the Banglamung Police Station to that road.)

If they haven't blocked all those sois leading to/from the highway, there are some windy routes you could use to get to the railway bypass after you've turned at the second U-turn.
https://www.google.co.th/maps/dir/12.954065,100.907045/12.9519111,100.9149843/@12.957557,100.9111208,16.58z/data=!4m9!4m8!1m5!3m4!1m2!1d100.9098686!2d12.9587058!3s0x3102be16f8e804f5:0x2999c8dc3e52af96!1m0!3e0?hl=en

• Like 1

If you take the 3240 to the Suk, you'd have to go through the Mini-Siam checkpoint anyways to get to that U-Turn just before Nua (assuming it's not blocked for some reason).

Soi Nhong Yai shows 3 entrances onto the Suk between the Mini-Siam and the Pattaya Nua checkpoints. Possibly blocked, maybe not.

Funny though, the diagrams the city put out show soi Photisan (or Potisan or Potisarn) but don't show the u-turn between it and Pattaya Nua for some reason.92830103_3308264659184255_6200588442070417408_n.jpg.d68586720d14ac74d649aaffdcf130ac.jpg

Edited by Kerryd
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

You are basically saying the U-Turn immediately before Nua (heading South) is open and without checks? A little surprising as from there you could access Soi Photisan and hence Naklua. 

Ah, I was thinking of the ye goode days when roadblocks were there to shakedown drivers.

Oh how I miss those long past halcyon days

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

If you take the 3240 to the Suk, you'd have to go through the Mini-Siam checkpoint anyways to get to that U-Turn just before Nua (assuming it's not blocked for some reason).

Soi Nhong Yai shows 3 entrances onto the Suk between the Mini-Siam and the Pattaya Nua checkpoints. Possibly blocked, maybe not.

Funny though, the diagrams the city put out show soi Photisan (or Potisan or Potisarn) but don't show the u-turn between it and Pattaya Nua for some reason.92830103_3308264659184255_6200588442070417408_n.jpg.d68586720d14ac74d649aaffdcf130ac.jpg

Where did you copy that map from Kerry?

15 minutes ago, SidJames said:

Where did you copy that map from Kerry?

<snip snip snip>

Lol - finally found the post I made on the 12th that had all the checkpoint diagrams in it: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1158929-pattaya-officials-revise-lockdown-plans-new-checkpoints-to-be-set-up/?do=findComment&comment=15286658

Oh <deleted> - those ones are all in Thai. Hmmm.

Went back to the PR Pattaya (Public Relations Pattaya) Facebook page and found a newer set of diagrams with English text. I'll just plaster them into a separate post rather than post the link and explain how to see each one.

• Thanks 1

Note that when viewing these diagrams, South is at the top of the diagram. Think of it like you are driving from Laem Chabang (at the bottom of the diagram) and heading towards Sattahip (at the top of the diagram).

I didn't include #8 as that was the one down in Jomtien that they moved to the Chaiyapruek intersection. They didn't update the old diagram (or make a new one it seems).

C-1.jpg.b6d5416a59008d1247bfd6363f05c572.jpg      C-2.jpg.dda915565764d7bc153701f6770532b8.jpg      C-3.jpg.1b42d2a9664be211bbde858d3e8aad64.jpg

C-4.jpg.d6f0b7bc596efcade185c40cbc39d843.jpg      C-5.jpg.e14fdae4de945181c2bce40c9fa7b580.jpg      C-6.jpg.e1824422569c81bbd7abd017f74f0d9f.jpg

C-7.jpg.fd336467cec8c811ca7fa5e885225966.jpg      792851209_Mainmap.jpg.22e7dc762be8ee37c20e592c0fe1aa0b.jpg

• Thanks 2

I'd appreciate it if someone who has driven through the area I'm asking about could give me one clarification on the diagram for Checkpoint #4, please. If I drive out of Soi Siam (Suk 51) onto Suk; can I get over to the U-turn lane; go through the checkpoint; then U-turn and drive north to Bangkok Hospital Pattaya without encountering anymore checkpoints? (I ask because the diagram appears to show cones, or something, preventing the crossing from Suk 51 to the U-turn lane.)

Edited by patsfangr
Specify preferred respondents.

1 hour ago, patsfangr said:

I'd appreciate it if someone who has driven through the area I'm asking about could give me one clarification on the diagram for Checkpoint #4, please. If I drive out of Soi Siam (Suk 51) onto Suk; can I get over to the U-turn lane; go through the checkpoint; then U-turn and drive north to Bangkok Hospital Pattaya without encountering anymore checkpoints? (I ask because the diagram appears to show cones, or something, preventing the crossing from Suk 51 to the U-turn lane.)

Drive out at Soi Siam and make a U turn after checkpoint before Klang and you are good to go. Bring a document that state you are living/residing in Banglamung District. I have done it almost every day... 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, spetersen said:

Drive out at Soi Siam and make a U turn after checkpoint before Klang and you are good to go. Bring a document that state you are living/residing in Banglamung District. I have done it almost every day... 

Thanks! I wasn't sure that we are allowed to cross all lanes of Suk to get to that U-turn. The map indicates that it might be blocked. Since you've done it, apparently it's possible. That will be my route. ????

I did this the 18th with my Granddaughter she had an appointment for her vaccine I was told that morning so I told them to make sure bring their I.D. and to have appointment slip!

It was 10 am so not many at checkpoint we used the checkpoint right across from the hospital. As I roll up the checkpoint turn down all the window everyone was temperature checked one guy spoke to my son and daughter-in-law as he was shown the appointment slip I.D. was requested but no one ask for mine. Like always I was prepared for the worse if they said no I was just going to park the car and carry the baby across the road to the hospital which was directly across.

The guy basically said next time you need to go through all you got to do is go to 7/11 and get the form and fill it out but since we had the appointment slip we were allow to go through.

When we left although noted by someone with picture and everything you don't need to go through any checkpoint again. When you come out make a left merge into traffic and get on the far right lane right after the McDonald on the other side there is an U-turn area make the U-turn merge and get to the far left lane that is for through traffic on Sukhumvit.

In the past several days, I went thru a few check points and it was fast and easy.  No real delays so I would not bother to try and find some small sois just to avoid the checkpoints. Leave 5 minutes earlier if your arrival time is very important.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, patsfangr said:

You are allowed to visit any hospital in Banglamung district as long as you can show some paper saying you're have an appointment with a doctor etc etc. So why make everything so complicated and ask for advises here? 

OP just go your normal way that you always go, when you hit the checkpoint show your wifes ID card with the Banglamung address, no paperwork required. I have gone through 4 times for shopping at Lotus, Big C etc, no issues at all. 3 minutes or so queuing, 30 seconds to get through. Have your passport with you and your driving licence as well in case the want it. We copied everything to A4 size, something they asked people to do at the start. This is well received.

Edited by jimn

17 hours ago, patsfangr said:

Yes, after u turn clear run to BPH.

• Like 1

just looked at a few posts, if i need to go to the Airport in Bangkok do i need paperwork as well as flight details and ID  as i will be coming from Jomtien and it looks like i might have to go through a check point or will the taxi driver sort it out. 

Edited by zoza

17 minutes ago, zoza said:

just looked at a few posts, if i need to go to the Airport in Bangkok do i need paperwork as well as flight details and ID  as i will be coming from Jomtien and it looks like i might have to go through a check point or will the taxi driver sort it out. 

No paperwork is required to leave the area at all. The requirement is only for people trying to get into Jomtien/Pattaya.