compulsary vaccines

NACHALUAY

I would love to know as well, As their rules are now, there is no way to enter Thailand as a foreigner unless your occupation is on a very short list.

Also, what about people who have had Covid 19? Is there a way to get certified that you already had it and don't need a vaccine.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

just go get the latest annual FluVax instead...

- after all it IS a vaccination!! 

Been doing it annually, and even this Year, I've had it Annotated, Stamped & Signed off in my yellow (WHO) Vac/Innoc travel book ???? 

The idea is to give them More than what they ask for... 

Many Thais are arriving without 'Fit to Fly' certificates.  They're not being refused from boarding and they still get through immigration.  These certificates are almost impossible to get.  'Fit to Fly' certificates are issued by the Thai Embassy.  In the UK, for example, the Thai Embassy and the consulates are closed.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, grumbleweed said:

Then lock them away for philosophical or religious reasons and prevent putting the lives of intelligent people at risk.

Anti vaxxers and religious fruitcakes. Who needs psychopaths?

Nice avatar.

• Haha 1

This post in incorrect and laughable..All Thai immigration want is a fit to fly certificate. I'm currently in the Philippines and its acquired through the Barang council office and doctor. The same certificate Australia ask for. You are delusional if you believe in 5 months Thailand won't let westerners in who are fit well without symptoms. Vaccine certificate laughable.

Edited by tomauasia
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HHTel said:

Many Thais are arriving without 'Fit to Fly' certificates.  They're not being refused from boarding and they still get through immigration.  These certificates are almost impossible to get.  'Fit to Fly' certificates are issued by the Thai Embassy.  In the UK, for example, the Thai Embassy and the consulates are closed.

Thai nationals with a fit to fly is ok when entering Thailand just because they are Thai nationals. It doesn't mean they are 100% coronavirus free. They are forced into a 14 days quarantine on arrival. A fit to fly certificate will never ever be issued to a foreigner in the future. 

1 hour ago, tomauasia said:

This post in incorrect and laughable..All Thai immigration want is a fit to fly certificate. I'm currently in the Philippines and its acquired through the Barang council office and doctor. The same certificate Australia ask for. You are delusional if you believe in 5 months Thailand won't let westerners in who are fit well without symptoms. Vaccine certificate laughable.

The fit to fly certificate is only for Thai nationals. In the near future a negative coronavirus test will probably be required by immigration. Plus a health insurance. 

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

Thai nationals with a fit to fly is ok when entering Thailand just because they are Thai nationals. It doesn't mean they are 100% coronavirus free. They are forced into a 14 days quarantine on arrival. A fit to fly certificate will never ever be issued to a foreigner in the future. 

Who says  you. Do you think Thais won't allow anybody in 6 months time. Your dreaming 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

If they need the certificate they won't let people in without it. But a vaccine is far from likely in the near future. For the time being it'll just be a test certificate - hopefully reliable and cheap antibody tests will become available in the next few weeks or months. 

Correct

Perhaps there will come a time ( if and when  a vaccine is available)  that might be a requirement. But for now any entry to Thailand is limited for non Thai  nationals anyway unless permitted under certain criteria subject to a pointless certificate of health declaring  no obvious signs of  health issues deemed to be related  to  Covid-19 .

Perhaps an antibody test demonstrating  the "been there , done that already" would  be more useful ? Or  not given the reported claims of  reinfection but as  yet no stated evidence of  further transmission ? ?

The wonder of the instantaneous transmission of misinformation, disinformation, outright  b s, and the  whole  gambit of conspiracy theory is as a dangerous phenomenon  as Covid-19 is purported to be !

That it has and probably will continue in the long term to influence social ,political and inevitably  financial aspects of   social "norms" regardless.

Conformity to acceptance of vaccination programs already exists in many countries as  part of early childhood education entry with majority acceptance.

Contrived or not this pandemic is most likely to extend  that criteria to the functionally productive global population while the rest will surrender  life and....territory..!

Don't make assumptions before they happen. There is no way of knowing whether vaccines will be required for international travel in the future.

Until now, the yellow fever vaccine was the only one needed and only if you recently visited an endemic region.

I suspect IF a covid-19 vaccine is put on the market and IF it becomes mandatory, it will be required annually, AND there will be multiple other vaccines required as well, not just one.

That's a big IF and I am certain it will be a complicated thing to implement with lots of opposition to it's roll out due to the unethical nature of it all.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Perhaps there will come a time ( if and when  a vaccine is available)  that might be a requirement. But for now any entry to Thailand is limited for non Thai  nationals anyway unless permitted under certain criteria subject to a pointless certificate of health declaring  no obvious signs of  health issues deemed to be related  to  Covid-19 .

Perhaps an antibody test demonstrating  the "been there , done that already" would  be more useful ? Or  not given the reported claims of  reinfection but as  yet no stated evidence of  further transmission ? ?

The wonder of the instantaneous transmission of misinformation, disinformation, outright  b s, and the  whole  gambit of conspiracy theory is as a dangerous phenomenon  as Covid-19 is purported to be !

That it has and probably will continue in the long term to influence social ,political and inevitably  financial aspects of   social "norms" regardless.

Conformity to acceptance of vaccination programs already exists in many countries as  part of early childhood education entry with majority acceptance.

Contrived or not this pandemic is most likely to extend  that criteria to the functionally productive global population while the rest will surrender  life and....territory..!

Your username says it all. Bringing your own biases into it, just because you think it's all a "conspiracy theory" certainly doesn't make anyone take you more seriously.

Childhood vaccinations are compulsory in some countries, but so are adult vaccines, depending on the country or workplace. Acceptance is based on many factors, but usually a combination of things like conditioning, fear and penalties for non-compliance. 

Starting May 1, 2020 ALL visitors and staff wishing to enter Australian nursing homes will be required to show evidence of influenza vaccination. This means that every year re-vaccination will be required.

There is a possibility that vaccination will become universal in the future to enter supermarkets, attend sporting events (this has been mentioned a lot recently) and not merely just for travel as the OP is worried about. It could become a condition of visa extension.

Anyway a lot of IFs and MAYBEs. For obvious reasons, I'll leave it at that, but suffice to say, none of us know what the future holds in this regard.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Max69xl said:
5 hours ago, malibukid said:

i was going to leave for the burning season, but i knew somehow this might happen

Did you use your crystal ball? 

more so that he could Not use the crystal ball!

The criteria - for when it got too smoky to see through it

7 hours ago, grumbleweed said:

Then lock them away for philosophical or religious reasons and prevent putting the lives of intelligent people at risk.

Anti vaxxers and religious fruitcakes. Who needs psychopaths?

You should be locked away for that arrogant dictatorial comment. There are plenty of valid reasons to be opposed to vaccines, especially mandatory vaccination. There are people who can't take them for medical reasons. There is no such thing as "one size fits all" and your comment indicates you're a psychopath who sounds like you would have made a good Nazi.

Anyway, that's all I want to say on this matter, simply because speculation on future requirements is a waste of time. We'll find out when we get there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

But certainly if in future there is a vaccine, proof of vaccination might become a requirement and  if so there would be no exception for the reasons mentioned.

You took the words right out of Bill Gates mouth? ???? 

No exceptions! ID2020 ????

• Like 2

I have been diagnosed with chronic COPD which automatically makes me vulnerable to Covad19 , since most if not all vaccines are based on a small amount of the disease being part of the content ,I consider I am perfectly entitled to refuse a vaccine ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, andy8017 said:

I have been diagnosed with chronic COPD which automatically makes me vulnerable to Covad19 , since most if not all vaccines are based on a small amount of the disease being part of the content ,I consider I am perfectly entitled to refuse a vaccine ?

You surely can and they can also refuse you entry 

12 hours ago, drbeach said:

Don't make assumptions before they happen. There is no way of knowing whether vaccines will be required for international travel in the future.

Back to the Future

Once upon a time, if you traveled remote, and not so remote parts of the globe, this was a required document. Travel wasn't an entitlement of snowflakes back then. Who's to say, this won't be re-instituted and required in the future.  :thumbsup: 

vacc61RTbBOc7wL.jpg

Edited by LomSak27

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Not really that impressive an achievement.

Takes about 30 minutes to work out how all the parts plug together.

He installs free OS such as Ubuntu, Linux and Manjaro for people who are less computer literate. If you want to do putdowns, fine, but first tell me what OS you are running and if the ban on alcohol is making you edgy.