Pandemic dims lights on Thailand's $5bn nightlife sector

webfact

4 hours ago, The Word said:

Whatever the price, or it's basis, that didn't stop the current 'owners' from buying in, so why should one of the (apparently) many interested "luxury condo developers" that the poster to whom I was responding claimed were in the market not have bought it at the time?

I don't know, ask them.

9 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I don't know, ask them.

It was rhetorical, I'm not really looking for an answer that isn't there but, having said that, how come you "don't know"?  That's odd as you seem surprisingly knowledgeable being able to "know" that TAT increases it's numbers by 20% each year (falsely, judging by the tone of your comment).  How do you "know" that, did you ask them?

12 minutes ago, The Word said:

It was rhetorical, I'm not really looking for an answer that isn't there but, having said that, how come you "don't know"?  That's odd as you seem surprisingly knowledgeable being able to "know" that TAT increases it's numbers by 20% each year (falsely, judging by the tone of your comment).  How do you "know" that, did you ask them?

Who cares!!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, overherebc said:
27 minutes ago, The Word said:

Who cares!!

You, obviously!   You're the one who brought up TAT's figures.  But, it's ok, you made up some garbage about TAT, don't let it worry you, there does seem to be a lot of posters here who do the same!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, The Word said:

You, obviously!   You're the one who brought up TAT's figures.  But, it's ok, you made up some garbage about TAT, don't let it worry you, there does seem to be a lot of posters here who do the same!

And some that think others take them seriously. ????

8 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Why would I need to do that? Are you unfamiliar with the word? Google it.

Adjective =  "ho-hum, nothing special,"    Many of us don't like to live ordinary ( syn boring ) lives.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony125 said:

Adjective =  "ho-hum, nothing special,"    Many of us don't like to live ordinary ( syn boring ) lives.

No, okay! Then I guess "many of us" have to get used to be called out for breaking moral codes and that some people thinks "many of us" are living your life the wrong way and are sleaze bags.

By the way, you are totally wrong. Boring is not a synom to ordinary. Even if you wish to think so, does not make it one either.

5 hours ago, Tony125 said:

And who made you as I said before "Holier than thou" and superior to judge others. Why is your moral code superior. 6,000 posts in less than a year seems you have nothing better to do than sit by your keyboard and lecture others on right and wrong. 

like so many of us, he is living the life in thailand trying to block advertisement on tvf 24/7

19 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

it was on the downward slope to death anyways .so wont be missed

It kinda will be missed by those, who make a living out of it!

Again: it's not only hookers, depending on the bar- scene!

But even if it were...

Edited by The Barmbeker

On 4/24/2020 at 11:43 AM, Sharp said:

As said survival of the fittest .

There is definitely going to be less completion for the ones than can survive so maybe the service will improve.

Lets hope.

No. Less service and higher prices is the Thai way.

4 hours ago, Reigntax said:

No. Less service and higher prices is the Thai way.

Just for a minute let's imagine the bar scene ( expat ) in BKK and PAT's never recovered, note I said 'imagine'.

Just 'imagine' how many would upsticks and go somewhere else, or would they?

If next week/next month? they allow the bars to open again but actively enforce 2 metre spacing etc how would that work?

Just random questions looking for random answers. ????????

This is a country where the laws are enforced selectively. I note the women standing on Sukhumvit offering their services (unless they are really just psychotherapists and I just don't get it). What could be more obvious? And potentially dangerous? I'm not saying they shouldn't earn a living, I'm saying it's surreal. The police don't see them? So I conclude that the closures are really collective acts of social cooperation, not enforcement. And that the closures will only last as long as the asian tendency to conform goes along with them, or wants to. In a few days we will know a lot more.

Actually - There is a very interesting discussion to be had about the adult entertainment venues in Bangkok and the rest of Thailand, during and after this Covid19 crisis.

What is a realistic prognosis, in terms of a back to "normalcy" ?  Surely these places pose unusually high risk to the spread of covid19 due to their intimate nature?

On the financial front, does anyone have any inside knowledge as to how some of the bars and nightclubs in nana etc are holding up? Will a lot of them close down if they can't re-open soon?

What will become of the thousands of women and others who service that side of the entertainment industry of bkk and Pattaya etc.

Could this be the end to sex tourism in Thailand as we know it?

On 4/26/2020 at 2:08 AM, Tony125 said:

And who made you as I said before "Holier than thou" and superior to judge others. Why is your moral code superior. 6,000 posts in less than a year seems you have nothing better to do than sit by your keyboard and lecture others on right and wrong. 

Wonder when he/she/it finds time to eat and sleep. Not much of a life sitting in front of a keyboard. Only my opinion of course

• Like 1