Pompeo says U.S. may never restore WHO funds after cutoff over pandemic

webfact

I'm not sure who has the authority to appropriate funds !

Take 400m and give it to the state election committees to help protect voters and enhance safety.

disinfecting equipment,PPE,Q & A literature,masks,gloves , etc 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

The way the American protesters and other not so bright groups crowding around, and

even denying the virus existing. I believe the USA will be the country with the most

cases, the most deaths, and taking the longest time to get over the virus. I hope I

am wrong, but not if the people of America keep acting as they are now. I realize that there are lots of Americans who are being careful, smart, and are trying to stay safe, but the careless

protesters are not helping the situation, and look and act like fools.

Geezer

Rural America is emerging as the USA new Hot spots

6 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

The way the American protesters and other not so bright groups crowding around, and

even denying the virus existing. I believe the USA will be the country with the most

cases, the most deaths, and taking the longest time to get over the virus. I hope I

am wrong, but not if the people of America keep acting as they are now. I realize that there are lots of Americans who are being careful, smart, and are trying to stay safe, but the careless

protesters are not helping the situation, and look and act like fools.

Geezer

4 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Rural America is emerging as the USA new Hot spots

It's not about getting rid of the virus. It's about control the rate of infection so the emergency services can manage it.

• Thanks 1

I wonder how all of this would have turned  out if we had a potus with courage and leadership ability’s we know now that trump had the info early on my guess or imo they were afaraid of the disruption to the economy and so failed to act (lack of courage and leadership)or worse was to intellectually challenged (said it nice lol)to understand the gravity of the situation that beeing said I don’t think the next administration will have use for mr pompeo my guess is they will be funded by February next year along with rejoining the Paris accords 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Thomas J said:

Thank you DoctorG  

This is one of the few comments on this post that makes any sense.  Every nation has the right to its own set of rules.  Those policies and those of its leaders should always put themselves for their own citizens first.  To do otherwise is just plain stupid.

It is fine to "hate" Trump but the irrational comments just shows you that you can educate ignorance, medicate those who are crazy but you can't fix stupid.  The WHO knew that the coronavirus was present, knew or should have known how contagious it was, yet they did not do their primary job of protecting the world.  And, the USA whether through Trump or someone else should continue to prop up an organization that is failing its primary mission? 

quote "It is fine to "hate" Trump but the irrational comments just shows you that you can educate ignorance, medicate those who are crazy but you can't fix stupid.

I don't "hate" Trump as such. I feel so sorry for Americans having Trump as POTUS.

he has since he became POTUS destroyed treaties and relationships with allies, friends and neighbours that have taken decades to build. They may never be mended, or if they are it will take the USA decades to recover the trust it once had.

Under Trump, the USA is deciding for the world what Trump and Pompeo have decided what is best for the USA rather than what is best for the world.

He has the attention span of a gnat, the brain capability of a goldfish and he lies many times a day.

That is why I feel sorry the the American people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/25/2020 at 11:04 AM, AgMech Cowboy said:

I couldn't agree more. The WHO has been useless in this Pandemic of COVID-19. You don't keep putting money on a dead horse. Get an overhaul, get rid of Tedros & Advisor Dr. Aylward and get Taiwan inclusion and maybe you get back in.

UK as 2nd biggest contributor should turn their tap off too until the above becomes a reality.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 3:26 PM, Isaan sailor said:

Tedros was bought and paid for by the CCP.  They parroted the CCP claims.  They ignored Taiwan’s information.

USA was the #1 financial backer of WHO.

Bill and Melinda Gates the #2 backer.

Let CCP and liberals pay for WHO.

Oh don’t worry, the dolts in the White House are unwittingly doing chinas bidding, further entrenching Chinese influence in the world. 

US leadership quite happy to see the United States becoming an international also-ran.

• Sad 1