Where Would You Choose To Live In Pattaya?

Dart12

Hi. Can I get your advice from those of you who've been here for awhile and know the areas and the condo's, if you don't mind sharing your knowledge?

I'm looking to stay within the lockdown area...So basically Pattaya Beach area.  Current landlord is milking me and hasn't lowered rent, while the places around me are almost 1/3 the rental price now.  So...time to move ????. but don't know what's nicest around here.  And I don't have a lot of spare time to go 'hunting'.

My budget is up to 30,000 baht/month...but, hey, I'm biz savvy and would prefer NOT to pay that now when the same places are now going for 10,000.  So, maybe I upgrade if it's fantastic...or get similar place for 1/3 cost...

But really, just looking for a nice, newer place.  Ameneties aren't too important right now...but maybe they will be in a month? who knows.  

So...what condo/ apartment complex would you choose if you could choose anywhere?  or even villas?

Thank you for sharing your knowledge of the area with someone not completely familiar with everything Pattaya has to offer.

2 minutes ago, Xaos said:

I would look in to Naklua, North Pattaya area, near beaches. Some nice condos there by the beach, and beach is nicer. But I would look on https://airbnb.com lots of good dealt there.

yeah.  Been looking on airbnb.  yep, good prices.  Problem is knowing how nice the place is before you go.  a LOT of old pics being used.  It's like they post their high school graduation picture online to get dates ????????.  Get their and they are old and gross haha.

So, yeah, if you know of any specific condo resorts by name...that would be fantastic help.  

I appreciate you helping, I'll def look in that area too now

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

yeah.  Been looking on airbnb.  yep, good prices.  Problem is knowing how nice the place is before you go.  a LOT of old pics being used.  It's like they post their high school graduation picture online to get dates ????????.  Get their and they are old and gross haha.

So, yeah, if you know of any specific condo resorts by name...that would be fantastic help.  

I appreciate you helping, I'll def look in that area too now

if u want deal and not far from action walk in to UNIXX pratumak, studios like 13k month

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, baansgr said:

Jomtien takes some beating, easy for immigration, plenty restaurants and bars when they are open, no police presence whatsoever, markets, mini lotus etc yet only a few minutes from Makro and Thepperasit. Baht buses everywhere so Pattaya easily accessible. Seen some real bargains lately on FB etc. There was a VT5 large seaview studio for 9k a month..I think 53sqm available.

agreed, Jomtien is good too, and saw good deals on AirBNB

Pick new build condos u cant get wrong.

• Like 2

I have lived in naklua 11 years , fairly content here.

Good availability at Lumphini Ville, just off the main naklua road, good location.

If you go to the condo office you will be asked a very over inflated price.

Say 14/15 K for a studio or small  1 bedroom.

Some private landords will do much better deals, around 10K give or take.

A friend was renting a nice albeit small high floor unit for 11K ,

Thai Thong villa, soi 27, around 12K  but all in, includes electric water, cleaning.

Perhaps a tad over priced but OK if you are going to use a lot of electric.

Bloom Inn also soi 27.

Small studio 6.5 K large 9.5K.

Everything on top though including even basic bed linen I think.They also wrongly demand 2 months deposit.

No elevator.

Golden Beach condo soi 25. small rooms.

Again if you go to receptio office they will ask around 14k

Private renters around 10K and actually a Thai was asking just 7K, small unit but OK with little kitchenttte area.  ++ again.

Have more if  interested.

Edited by seasia
  • Like 1

Jomtien seems to have some nice options.  So were Wongamat Towers and Riveria.  Loved the rooms being ON the beach with the breeze in your room.  Gosh, Jomtien has some really nice villas being offered...but are 30 minutes away ???? .  Wongamat area had some too that they discounted from 120k baht a month to 40k for us.  But they were kind of covered in the woods.  So, not only did I have no easy access to food/ shopping, gym, I had very little view, if any.  But man, they were MONSTROUS 4 bedroom villas.  5 floors. I wouldn't even visit 3 of them LOL.

AMENETIES...Not sure if they'll ever open while we are here.  frustrating trying to make sure we have a place in advance...but not knowing if anything will open in may yet.

I can attest to Grand Avenue being some of the nicest we've seen room wise...and with more sqM generally than other central condos.  Just tired of feeling bent over by landlady.  Honestly considereing renting 2 rooms here lol...and it would still be 11,000 baht less than what she's charging me!

(why do I need that amount of space in a condo/apt?  you try working next to someone with nothing to do all day in the same room.  My girl is an uncontrollable Jibber Jabber Monster as Ron White would say.  I CAn't get a minute of work done.  When everything was open I could hit a library or a coffee shop or a hotel business center.  Now, I have dreams of going scuba diving with her without the scuba gear LOL).

Anyways... My girlfriend and I flip flop on moving away from here...because we'd love to experience some of the area when it finally opens up again.  And right now we can walk out the door and walk to anything in 5 minutes.  And I'm not on Vacation completely, so time is limited when I'm off actually.

Shame of this virus as we were supposed to start here, had extremely nice Villas lined up in Phuket and Koh Sumai that my clients paid for.  Of course those are canceled and long gone dreams.  So trying to make the best of it before heading back.

I really appreciate all your guys mentions and advice.  

I have not heard or seen Posh yet.  So will definitely look for it today and check it out.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

Jomtien seems to have some nice options.  So were Wongamat Towers and Riveria.  Loved the rooms being ON the beach with the breeze in your room.  Gosh, Jomtien has some really nice villas being offered...but are 30 minutes away ???? .  Wongamat area had some too that they discounted from 120k baht a month to 40k for us.  But they were kind of covered in the woods.  So, not only did I have no easy access to food/ shopping, gym, I had very little view, if any.  But man, they were MONSTROUS 4 bedroom villas.  5 floors. I wouldn't even visit 3 of them LOL.

AMENETIES...Not sure if they'll ever open while we are here.  frustrating trying to make sure we have a place in advance...but not knowing if anything will open in may yet.

I can attest to Grand Avenue being some of the nicest we've seen room wise...and with more sqM generally than other central condos.  Just tired of feeling bent over by landlady.  Honestly considereing renting 2 rooms here lol...and it would still be 11,000 baht less than what she's charging me!

(why do I need that amount of space in a condo/apt?  you try working next to someone with nothing to do all day in the same room.  My girl is an uncontrollable Jibber Jabber Monster as Ron White would say.  I CAn't get a minute of work done.  When everything was open I could hit a library or a coffee shop or a hotel business center.  Now, I have dreams of going scuba diving with her without the scuba gear LOL).

Anyways... My girlfriend and I flip flop on moving away from here...because we'd love to experience some of the area when it finally opens up again.  And right now we can walk out the door and walk to anything in 5 minutes.  And I'm not on Vacation completely, so time is limited when I'm off actually.

Shame of this virus as we were supposed to start here, had extremely nice Villas lined up in Phuket and Koh Sumai that my clients paid for.  Of course those are canceled and long gone dreams.  So trying to make the best of it before heading back.

I really appreciate all your guys mentions and advice.  

I have not heard or seen Posh yet.  So will definitely look for it today and check it out.

If you venture out from the central Pattaya area the Riviera projects in Wong Amat and Jomtien are really beautiful, with a ton of nice amenities--and without the short-term tourists should be very nice places to live.  Ditto for the other new projects--nice places to live without all the tourists.  Also nice in Wong Amat are: The Palm, Baan Plai Haad, Zire, and Northpoint, among others.  For Jomtien, the already mentioned Riviera, Cetus, Aeras, Reflection, and Lumpini Park Beach are some possibilities for seaview high-rises.  Numerous low-rise projects.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

I have a friend who recently rented at Baan Plai Haad, Naklua.

Very nice higher end.  Private beach, nice gym and 2 pools. He is paying 19,000 a month for a higher floor I think it is 55 sq mtrs.

Check hip flat I think there are lots of rentals available there now could probably negotiate a good deal.

Yes, this is really a very nice project and I don't think too busy even in normal times as it's a bit out of the way.  My partner and I almost bought there.

• Like 2

If you're in Grand Avenue just now and like the area, you'd be nuts to move to outside the area enclosed by Beach Road, South Road, Third Road and Pattaya Klang.  Even if you don't have a lot of time to go hunting. just walk down Soi 15 that you're on and check the places there out.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, madmen said:

OP so you going to offer 10k on a 30k property.

Good luck with that

I'm not offering.  I'm saying that IS the market...and what's being offered out there (for SOME properties, not all).

In truth, I'm probably looking to still spend 30k-40k, but for an even nicer living spot than I have now.
 It's really a decision between conventient location for walking to everything VS condo/villa size of less convenience.

There have been a LOT of places we seen today that we liked...but its so odd to us they have no STOVE. BIG townhomes that are 160 sqm and brand new, too.
... and we cook using a stove 5 days a week (unless we had a grill...then we'd grill out everyday ????.   so it's a must have in our book.

At least I find that odd.

18 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Wherever you move to, regardless of price, I suggest you make enquiries into water availability, and the condo's water supply policy and pricing, not just for now, but into the future. 

Good advice!  I never thought to think of that.  We've had no problems where we are at, but I've read on thaivisa that water levels are low.  

How does that typically affect the norm out here?  

1 hour ago, Dart12 said:
4 hours ago, madmen said:

OP so you going to offer 10k on a 30k property. Good luck with that

I'm not offering.  I'm saying that IS the market...and what's being offered out there (for SOME properties, not all).

And would you mind to give us names of some of these properties, please ?...

I heard of a few good deals for renting, but more like 30% reduction on the next 3 or 6 months; or 30% reduction if payment in advance of a full year rent. Nothing like a +60% reduction...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

And would you mind to give us names of some of these properties, please ?...

I heard of a few good deals for renting, but more like 30% reduction on the next 3 or 6 months; or 30% reduction if payment in advance of a full year rent. Nothing like a +60% reduction...

It just depends...The more trourist oriented it is, the bigger the discount.  Especially on some of the more expensive type properties.  They are business people and some cashflow is better than zero cashflow.

Also recommend searching, in like airbnb, by marking over 30 day stay.  They will have an auto discount plugged in...anywhere from 15% to 60%.  A lot of places I looked at last month, are open still this month.  

...and some are HOT deals.  You see one you like, don't wait.  Grab it.  Don't shop anymore. Just grab it.  

We missed on a villa that way...went from $2k usd to $650 for the month.  Should have grabbed it.  but we shopped for some places closer and missed out.

Other than that...shop some outside of your range.  A lot of these agents are too lazy to change the website pricing but will cut deals with you.  Make an offer.  You'd be suprised.  Life in general stinks right now, but take some lemons and make lemonade out of it for yourself.  

Believe it or not, you are not insulting people by making an offer.  You just might be their savior so that they can pay that next mortgage rent.  

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

Reading this thread, and mainly post #7, I would absolutely avoid Centric Sea or the Base if I wanted to live in Pattaya.

They are mainly "AirBnB hotels" with a permanent traffic of tourists with suitcases in lifts and a lot of noise from these tourists, mainly from Chinese who often keep their door open and shout to each other from a room to another!

Also keep in mind that the quality of these condos (and many other recent ones) is very bad on the soundproof point of view. A friend of mines bough in Centric for his retirement and sold after only 6 months of living in, because of the noise. 

Unixx in my opinion suffer to be too eccentric. Not on a bahtbus road and lost in a part of the city with no shops. Where do you go when you just want to have a meal?

Last point: Most these recent condos are tiny. They are made for a 1-week stay. Apartment starting around 24 sqm (!) and 1 bedroom around 32 sqm ! Yes they have bigger ones, but prices increase a lot...

Agree. 

Anyway, I wouldn't pay 30 to 40k to stay anywhere but beachfront. That doesn't mean 100 metres up wherein you cannot even hear the sea.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mike111 said:

From experience - Jomtien. View Talay 2 has a track record of being well managed, convenient location with everything within a 1 minute walk (plus there are shops on the ground floor). Can't go wrong there.

30 to 40k? Not for me.

I'd be looking at the beachfront buildings. Little beats walking out from the grounds directly on to the beach. That would usually rule out central Pattaya for me. Road in front of the building is not acceptable.

• Like 1