Where Would You Choose To Live In Pattaya?

Dart12

On 4/24/2020 at 10:41 AM, baansgr said:

Jomtien takes some beating, easy for immigration, plenty restaurants and bars when they are open, no police presence whatsoever, markets, mini lotus etc yet only a few minutes from Makro and Thepperasit. Baht buses everywhere so Pattaya easily accessible. Seen some real bargains lately on FB etc. There was a VT5 large seaview studio for 9k a month..I think 53sqm available.

I loved my time in VT5 in 2016. Excellent swimming pool. Back then I paid about 15k for a 50m2 condo, so 9k seems like an excellent deal. 

13 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Can I ask.........what is anybody's take on renting/buying a pool villas/house in the Pattaya area? 

Villas/houses seem incredibly good value compared to condos both in terms of rent or purchase.

Is there a catch?

Not really , a large house with pool and garden can readily be rented. Usually comes with items you need and it saves you buying, internet connection, TVs ,ACs etc. Not many available in central locations, more likely to be out of town a bit, and usually a good sized deposit up front that you may or may not get back. In my mind beats buying one that you would likely never sell. 

Location is important. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, OffshoreMig said:

Pratumnak. Jontiem anywhere away fro the Centre

I'd say Centre is actually best area right now (while there are no tourists).  You can still get shopping done and multitude of eateries.  Very few people (comparitively when its normal times)...but just enough it doesn't feel like a ghost town.

Not only that, prices are way down for rentals ????. Just my little bit of lemonade from all these lemons being served.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Caine said:

I've found a brand new condo complex 1 bedroom overlooking beautiful salt water pool, kitchen, 2 air con units, Sky TV, Free Wifi,  Cleaned twice a week including bed linen and towels. Electricity and water at Government rates. 11300 Baht a month but I'm keeping it to myself don't need the dross there. ????????????

Well, that is a DEAL.  If there are any more available, please pm me.  I'll try not to be a Dross lol

10 hours ago, natway09 said:

I was going to say how many M2 do you want ? For me anything under 60m2 is like living in a box

There are 6,000 apartments for rent or sale under 42 M2

agreeed.  especially since I work from home and my gf lives with me (who has absolutley nothing to do but interupt work all day).  Need the space for sure.  It clears up mental space to be creative.

Any suggestions?

I'm REALLY hoping Pattaya has some relaxation on what has to be closed, then amenities will be nice add-ons as well, like gyms, pools, etc.

8 hours ago, brokenbone said:

you may be right, it looked like 300 meters from top floor tho

Never been to walking street, except to get to pier. So that doesn't bother me.  Will definitely check out Vt6 too then ????. The low rise condos are fantastic...but having a sea view would make the gal happy.

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Not really , a large house with pool and garden can readily be rented. Usually comes with items you need and it saves you buying, internet connection, TVs ,ACs etc. Not many available in central locations, more likely to be out of town a bit, and usually a good sized deposit up front that you may or may not get back. In my mind beats buying one that you would likely never sell. 

Location is important. 

And is there anywhere in particular you would recommend? (I see people say make sure it's a guarded community). 

6 hours ago, Dart12 said:
18 hours ago, Caine said:

I've found a brand new condo complex 1 bedroom overlooking beautiful salt water pool, kitchen, 2 air con units, Sky TV, Free Wifi,  Cleaned twice a week including bed linen and towels. Electricity and water at Government rates. 11300 Baht a month but I'm keeping it to myself don't need the dross there. ????????????

Well, that is a DEAL.  If there are any more available, please pm me.  I'll try not to be a Dross lol

Deal? Depends. New condo use to have very small units.

This said "1 bedroom unit" may well be 35 sqm only,

while you can get a 60 sqm unit for the same price in not-so-new condos.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Surelynot said:

And is there anywhere in particular you would recommend? (I see people say make sure it's a guarded community). 

Hard to say unless you have lived there, but I am in West  Nong Plalai which is OK but a bit far out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrfaroukh said:

I prefer to stay in Central Pattaya. If you want nice condo around 45 sqm beach view try View Talay 6 next to central festival. Prices was around 25000 Baht but now probably much cheaper.

The location of VT6 is great, but I personally don't like VT6 too much.

If I remember well, most units are 48 sqm, but this include a big terrasse ~10 sqm that is unusable during the whole afternoon as facing South-West. So more like a 38 sqm unit. Many units have a big white outside curtain to block the strong sun... and cut the view. Also VT6, is built perpendicularly to the beach, so - except for corners units - the sea view is only a part of a side of the bay. A popular place though for mongers who live during the night and sleep during the day. So unsure I would like to live there...

Monthly price could be found from 15 kB (before Covid) if you avoid the agents that have office inside VT6 and (try to) rent 48 sqm at crazy prices 20k, 25k, ... ! (ex: https://www.hipflat.com/projects/view-talay-6-xvkegu). Yearly contract even cheaper, as everywhere.

Edited by Pattaya46
  • Like 1

yeah. too small for what we are looking for.

I may even take off to Bangkok if Pattaya doesn't match their relaxation of re-opening.  

I sorely need a gym or condo/hotel gym to be open for use asap.  ...or I might hurt more people that C19 lol

...and it would be nice to get out of house SOME.

For me, I prefer Jomtien.  Not quite as chaotic as Pattaya yet you are very close to it if you want to go out.  There are plenty of places to stay and a lot of empty units.  I would definitely offer much less than what they ask.  Leases are also negotiable.  Due to so many empty units you can ask for a lot of things to your advantage.  Sure a lot of landlords won't budge but you only need a few to offer something agreeable to you.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

The location of VT6 is great, but I personally don't like VT6 too much.

If I remember well, most units are 48 sqm, but this include a big terrasse ~10 sqm that is unusable during the whole afternoon as facing South-West. So more like a 38 sqm unit. Many units have a big white outside curtain to block the strong sun... and cut the view. Also VT6, is built perpendicularly to the beach, so - except for corners units - the sea view is only a part of a side of the bay. A popular place though for mongers who live during the night and sleep during the day. So unsure I would like to live there...

Monthly price could be found from 15 kB (before Covid) if you avoid the agents that have office inside VT6 and (try to) rent 48 sqm at crazy prices 20k, 25k, ... ! (ex: https://www.hipflat.com/projects/view-talay-6-xvkegu). Yearly contract even cheaper, as everywhere.

Also, I might be wrong but I don't think there is a gym as a condo amenity.

• Like 1

•  
    1 hour ago, Hanuman2547 said:

For me, I prefer Jomtien.  Not quite as chaotic as Pattaya yet you are very close to it if you want to go out.  There are plenty of places to stay and a lot of empty units.  I would definitely offer much less than what they ask.  Leases are also negotiable.  Due to so many empty units you can ask for a lot of things to your advantage.  Sure a lot of landlords won't budge but you only need a few to offer something agreeable to you.  

@Hanuman2547  Are teh roadblocks gone?  or can You go from Jomtien to Central still?

If I can go from Jomtien to central, I think I'd move there for the bigger, newer places.  If they keeping the blockade up, it's best if I stay inside it with access to all the amenities in Central/Beach.  

but time is ticking on securing a place in the next few days.  time to choose.

Edited by Dart12

1 hour ago, newnative said:

Also, I might be wrong but I don't think there is a gym as a condo amenity.

@newnative

Nobody seems to have a gym open.  I'd rent whatever place did have an open gym if I could find one.

ANY place with a decent gym I think I'd rent from right now.

2 hours ago, Dart12 said:
  •  

@Hanuman2547  Are teh roadblocks gone?  or can You go from Jomtien to Central still?

If I can go from Jomtien to central, I think I'd move there for the bigger, newer places.  If they keeping the blockade up, it's best if I stay inside it with access to all the amenities in Central/Beach.  

but time is ticking on securing a place in the next few days.  time to choose.

You've always been able to go from central Pattaya to Jomtien.  My partner and I have driven from central Pattaya to Lumoini Park Beach condo in south Jomtien several times to check on a condo for a friend in Europe.  

59 minutes ago, newnative said:

You've always been able to go from central Pattaya to Jomtien.  My partner and I have driven from central Pattaya to Lumoini Park Beach condo in south Jomtien several times to check on a condo for a friend in Europe.  

Correct. Which is why if there is a blockade, I will stay in Central instead of move to jomtien.  And central is not bad right now, since the circus closed down.

1 hour ago, Dart12 said:

Correct. Which is why if there is a blockade, I will stay in Central instead of move to jomtien.  And central is not bad right now, since the circus closed down.

You may have misunderstood me.  The current blockade does not prevent travel to Jomtien from Pattaya, and I doubt any future blockades would.  When we got to the very southern part of Jomtien, past Espana condo,  we encountered a blockade on a small street we were on that prevented us from going any further south into the next municipality and we had to turn around at that point.   

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dart12 said:

yeah. too small for what we are looking for.

I may even take off to Bangkok if Pattaya doesn't match their relaxation of re-opening.  

I sorely need a gym or condo/hotel gym to be open for use asap.  ...or I might hurt more people that C19 lol

...and it would be nice to get out of house SOME.

its a long time ago, but if i remember well the vt6 condo i refer to

was a corner unit with 2-3 rooms + kitchen, big rooms too,

i have never seen so nice condo

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

its a long time ago, but if i remember well the vt6 condo i refer to

was a corner unit with 2-3 rooms + kitchen, big rooms too,

i have never seen so nice condo

we looked.  that unit is VERY pricey even in these times.  wanting 3000baht per night