They can't resist it

DD13

I live in a rural (fast becoming semi-rural) area North East of Pattaya

Gradually, but surely (and increasingly), some "ignorant" Thais think it's OK & clever to break the curfew

These "low lives" fail to realise that with the comparative silence they can be heard coming Kms away

If the virus figures published are a true account of the infections here, Thailand is doing better than most

But these inconsiderate beings will undo that

here in Hua Hin you can hear a pin drop after 10pm. 

but just like Thais at a intersection waiting for the light to change, a very few are jumping the gun and beginning to ride around on scooters at night as we get nearer to ending the lock down.

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems some people "think" meeting in groups at night and drinking alcohol is a good idea. It seems that is the reason for the curfew and the alcohol ban.

still dosent make difference if u use logics, 4 thais drinking vs hundreds of thais queing everyday for free food for example. 

2 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Ok, you do not like the lock down. Whatever, it´s here and you just have to live with it. 

You like it? I dont mind i never go out late anyway so no difference for me. I just dont think it makes any sense, like I said thousends queuing for free food every day, its just example. So curfew is stupid at least, especially for OP complaining about couple thais, no difference at all to whole virus thing.

Edited by Xaos
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Xaos said:

still no difference if u put  logics in to it. 

Yeas it does! If you put logic into it, then you realize. Food and eating a necessity, alcohol and drinking the same is not. That´s real logic. That logic also tells you that there are going to be a smaller amount of gathering for that reason, which also leads to minimising the risks for people to get infected. That´s logic used in it´s raw form. Not logic used to build on your own preferences of what´s right and wrong.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

here in Hua Hin you can hear a pin drop after 10pm. 

but just like Thais at a intersection waiting for the light to change, a very few are jumping the gun and beginning to ride around on scooters at night as we get nearer to ending the lock down.

You can hear a pin drop after 10 in Hua Hin Covid or not, lockdown or not. All their expats have had their cocoa and are in the land of nod.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yeas it does! If you put logic into it, then you realize. Food and eating a necessity, alcohol and drinking the same is not. That´s real logic. That logic also tells you that there are going to be a smaller amount of gathering for that reason, which also leads to minimising the risks for people to get infected. That´s logic used in it´s raw form. Not logic used to build on your own preferences of what´s right and wrong.

bro, it dosent make sense in terms 4 dudes at night meet for beer vs thousends queue for free food, 4 dudes dont make it any worse, no impact at all on virus spread, I dont argue beer drinking vs eating, we all know we have to eat. 

Edited by Xaos

25 minutes ago, Xaos said:

bro, it dosent make sense in terms 4 dudes at night meet for beer vs thousends queue for free food, 4 dudes dont make it any worse, no impact at all on virus spread, I dont argue beer drinking vs eating, we all know we have to eat. 

Logic never have made sense to the majority in human history. Logic never leads the herd. 

You are just wasting time.   

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Xaos said:

btw. Sweden never lockdown and they do better then others https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/10/europe/sweden-lockdown-turmp-intl/index.html

Sweden did ban gatherings of more than 50 people and then had to re-examine their liberal approach to the situation when nearly 400 people died from the virus in just 3 days !

That propelled Sweden to #14 in the world for deaths from the virus. They've since slid down the ranks and are currently at 20th overall. (Yes, I posted about that in another thread a couple weeks ago and showed the stats from some other EU countries that were slightly higher on the list than Sweden.)

# 20 - Sweden - Infections - 16,755, Deaths - 550.
# 57 - Thailand - Infections - 2,839, Deaths - 50

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:2019–20_coronavirus_pandemic_data - note the data is dependent on various countries accurately reporting their information and as such the numbers will vary from similar data compiled using different sources.

1 hour ago, SidJames said:

The lockdown worked in Vietnam, they have just lifted theirs & must be the perfect example of the best way to have handled this as they have zero deaths from a population just shy of 100 million people & they share a land border with China that is over 1400kms.

The Thai government is proud of it's handling then the Vietnamese must be over the moon.

Gold star & top of the class for April ????

Amazing how all these one-party, communist states that control all news sources have such good results. North Korea does not even have a single case.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Xaos said:

No, but you argue it doesn´t make sense. Let´s say 8-12 people instead of 4. I actually have 4 sitting with my neighbour everyday, and they all behave good as well as work together. They also not make any extra sound, which means that nobody sees them or report them for being noisy. In other words, people who do like that have no problem, so you are making a rat become a tiger in the first place.

Second it do make sense. Let´s take the 8-12 people that gathers to drink. They have nobody watching over them and tries to implement social distancing. That while they food lines you are talking about is starting to be more organized and they in many places have people working with implementing social distancing. Sure, in the places where they do not implement social distancing where there is food lines that is also wrong. However, that does not make 8-12 people gathering for unnecessary drinking and partying right. The wrong with that still makes perfect sense.

You also make this narrow minded comment about that 4 dudes don´t make it any worse. That´s your 4 dudes you mean, right? If we say like this 1 dude breaking the curfew does not make it any worse, than that would be right as well, right? The fact, though, is that 16 000 have been breaking the curfew. Is that a difference? Yes, it is! In your case that would be 64 000 dudes in packs of four at night drinking beer , partying, missing social distancing. What do you think about that? Please see the answer to the question before!

Edited by Matzzon

1 hour ago, Xaos said:

You like it? I dont mind i never go out late anyway so no difference for me. I just dont think it makes any sense, like I said thousends queuing for free food every day, its just example. So curfew is stupid at least, especially for OP complaining about couple thais, no difference at all to whole virus thing.

We all know if there was no curfew, Thais would be partying everywhere in the nightime, very difficult for the authorities to police....with a curfew...so much easier.

because people are naturally selfish, only some are more selfish than others.  the authorities can enforce some sort of distancing discipline in queues, not likely among the buds hanging out, drinking, sharing implements, spitting betelnut, throwing up....

some people think they're special.

“I am essential,” he said of remaining open, adding, “I’m a preacher — I talk to God,” according to the paper.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/virginia-pastor-dies-coronavirus

yeah, but they're only hurting themselves, right?

4 family members of Virginia bishop who died of coronavirus now battling it themselves

Bishop Gerald Glenn of New Deliverance Evangelistic Church died from the virus. Now his wife, two daughters and son-in-law are sick.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/4-family-members-virginia-bishop-who-died-coronavirus-now-battling-n1187076

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xaos said:

btw. Sweden never lockdown and they do better then others https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/10/europe/sweden-lockdown-turmp-intl/index.html

I agree that Sweden has the best model, of course more will die from the virus but maybe less due to economic consequences.

Lockdowns and curfews were a mistake everywhere, but i can see in Pattaya the Thai discos are closed, these are usually rammed full so obviously higher risk. But having rules around groups over a max number would be a better approach

To anyone who thinks it's ok to break the curfew I ask, "Do you ?". The answer is probably no and the reason is the heavy penalty or jail time under the current and temporary laws. If nothing else, the curfew and alcohol bans have saved many, many lives compared to the normal Songkran road carnage every normal year. Thai authorities know their populace well and young guys who just want to drink and party are a known part of the populace. They are not above the law.