Govt can consider reopening some virus free districts, says expert

snoop1130

50 minutes ago, jojothai said:

When will these people get some sense and realize that they need to start to figure out how many people have the virus and there is effectively only one way to do that.

WHO has stated. Test, test and test.

Current testing numbers here are pathetic. At the rate they are going it is correct that this will be here for years.

Temperature screening is not going to find out.

They'll do it when the get some cents or they get the tests for free by saying they're poor thus leaving their trough untouched.

28 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

"Some roads are still extremely busy."

Extremely,really? Where,if I may ask? 

Rama 4 in klongtoey ( market associated area). Thats logical.

Ratchadaphisek by queen sirikit,

See it every day. 

Construction traffic at queen sirikit site is frantic very early morning.

I was most surprised a few days ago (in the morning 9 to 11am) by the heavy traffic and traffic queues north/ west of chatuchak on ratchadaphisek and ngamwongwan.

Bang sue to bang khen area where i had to go to offices regarding visa renewal.

44 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

"Some roads are still extremely busy."

Extremely,really? Where,if I may ask? 

Also sukhumvit asoke to emporium.

Very much more busy the last week compared to earlier april. 

Two visits to supermarkets there recently.

However, it does not yet look like we are getting a return to the bad commuter traffic on the side sois, 24 and 39

2 hours ago, zippysteve said:

Oh yes especially after canceling their biggest holiday of the year it’s economic suicide. 

Indeed, did we have a proper pandemic, or a war on commerce? leaning towards the latter in my opinion ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Broadly welcome this. But we should not stop practicing some of the measures we had grown accustomed to during the shutdown.

I think shops and malls should continue to check temperatures when you enter and hand sanitizer should still be provided

I would be wary of allowing large social gatherings as well.

Also avoid letting that ladyboy give you a kiss as you go in the bar. But you should be doing that anyway ????.

I think people will remember why washing your hands is important and continue to do so. Huge positive.

No question about it.

18 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

all this because 50 already sick or elderly people died in a 2 month time frame

there's probably been more deaths as a result of business closures 

A lot more elderly people are likely to fall victim to the virus when the schools reopen and asymptomatic children start passing it to grandma and grandad - not to mention all those old falang dads raising families with Thai partners half their age.

A worrying prospect, particularly since low testing levels mean nobody knows how many members of the younger generation are immune or carrying the virus. To us oldies they're the equivalent of suicide bombers, but with an invisible vest!

Perhaps the answer is to set up mass testing stations at schools. This would at least enable households with an infected child to isolate him or her, as far as possible, from other family members.

Edited by Krataiboy
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“This outbreak has had and will have an effect on people’s daily lives. If, for example, it is found later that the virus can be transmitted in the space of four metres, then people will have to maintain a distance of at least four metres from each other.

4m plus is already a known possibility for such viruses...........the stuff just hangs in the air and drifts about...........best to stay up wind or behind the fan or AC.

3 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I still see many on this forum, who miss their bar, or restaurant, and will go on about

comparing the virus to other flues, or rant on about traffic deaths, that are

way down by the way, but I am just glad that my family, friends and I have still got

our health. I have lost a couple of friends to the virus, so I do not think

Covid is weak or harmless.  I will avoid America for at least 2 years, just like Thailand.

Just being cautious, and am closer to broke as well.

Geezer

LOL it's people with kind of attitude that destroy economies. This is common sense and hygiene. I don't avoid Thailand 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

A lot more elderly people are likely to fall victim to the virus when the schools reopen and asymptomatic children start passing it to grandma and grandad - not to mention all those old falang dads raising families with Thai partners half their age.

A worrying prospect, particularly since low testing levels mean nobody knows how many members of the younger generation are immune or carrying the virus. To us oldies they're the equivalent of suicide bombers, but with an invisible vest!

Perhaps the answer is to set up mass testing stations at schools. This would at least enable households with an infected child to isolate him or her, as far as possible, from other family members.

If grandma and grandpa and the old fuddy duddy falang dads who are lucky enough to have partners half their age all have comorbidity issues then they will be at risk from the flu as much as from C19 as the flu.The flu is found to be just as dangerous as C19 when testing is widespread.Beware the cure and watch the video I've posted above.

Edited by FarFlungFalang

3 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I still see many on this forum, who miss their bar, or restaurant, and will go on about

comparing the virus to other flues, or rant on about traffic deaths, that are

way down by the way, but I am just glad that my family, friends and I have still got

our health. I have lost a couple of friends to the virus, so I do not think

Covid is weak or harmless.  I will avoid America for at least 2 years, just like Thailand.

Just being cautious, and am closer to broke as well.

Geezer

Sorry to hear about your friends.Here are two doctors working on the frontline of the C19 outbreak in the US and they say that the flu is just as dangerous as C19.They don't say that C19 is weak or harmless but rather that they are both dangerous to people at risk.

• Like 1

Just now, FarFlungFalang said:

If grandma and grandpa and the old fuddy duddy falang dads who are lucky enough to have partners half their age all have comorbidity issues then they will be at risk from the flu as much as from C19 as the flu.The flu is found to be just as dangerous as C19 when testing is widespread.

"Fuddy duddy" dads like yours truly can get a flu shot. There is no COVID 19 vaccine. Kao jai?

• Like 1

Just another Bill Gates foot soldier ... listen to the new Emperor [Bill Gates] and find out what he wants !

Then you pretty much know what is coming as it seems like he bought off most Governments on the Planet

including most medical schools or "experts" around the world.

And not to forget: He also "owns" the WHO !!!

Hello ,

I sent a message to a post Thailand W.H.O. Posted via Covid App on Facebook they filter it out !!??

1. Thailand with a population of about

70 Million and have only tested just over 145,000 People , How can you begin to discuss easing of lockdown ???

2. The very problem Worldwide exists here in Thailand as well , Asymptomatic People who are infected but showing no signs yet still continue to potentially spread the virus  !!

3. YES !! There will have to be a NEW !! NORMAL !! Understood by ALL !! to be effective in combating this virus especially before a cure comes, That The NUMBER ONE PRIORITY SHOULD BE TEST , TRACE AND ISOLATE !!

Also some Info for some people :

Thailand Infected just over 2,900 People 

Deaths : 51 

Thailands Population about 70 Million, Tested just over 145,000.

13 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

"Fuddy duddy" dads like yours truly can get a flu shot. There is no COVID 19 vaccine. Kao jai?

With flu vaccines there are still 400,000 deaths per year on average Kao Jai mai?The flu viruses also mutate faster than sars cov 2 making it just as dangerous.

11 minutes ago, Robert Tyrrell said:

Hello ,

I sent a message to a post Thailand W.H.O. Posted via Covid App on Facebook they filter it out !!??

1. Thailand with a population of about

70 Million and have only tested just over 145,000 People , How can you begin to discuss easing of lockdown ???

2. The very problem Worldwide exists here in Thailand as well , Asymptomatic People who are infected but showing no signs yet still continue to potentially spread the virus  !!

3. YES !! There will have to be a NEW !! NORMAL !! Understood by ALL !! to be effective in combating this virus especially before a cure comes, That The NUMBER ONE PRIORITY SHOULD BE TEST , TRACE AND ISOLATE !!

Also some Info for some people :

Thailand Infected just over 2,900 People 

Deaths : 51 

Thailands Population about 70 Million, Tested just over 145,000.

They have done 145,000 tests they often test people twice,once to see if they have the infection and if they get a positive result they test again to confirm the result.So I don't think they have tested 145,000 people.If you watch the video I've posted here the doctors working on the frontline don't agree with quarantining healthy people as it lowers their immune system.Watch the video and Beware the cure. 

Just now, FarFlungFalang said:

With flu vaccines there are still 400,000 deaths per year on average Kao Jai mai?The flu viruses also mutate faster than sars cov 2 making it just as dangerous.

All the more reason, then, to have a flu shot. Can't quite see the point you are groping to make.

1 hour ago, brain150 said:

And not to forget: He also "owns" the WHO !!!

Add the BBC to the list, he gives them so much money that they will Never say anything negative about him!

image.png.5e1462d40ac1eb26ef600a5f53d4554e.png

FarFlungFalang,

Thanks for the video.  It’s nice to see somebody actually look at the data.  I would add that the infection rates extrapolated in the video may be a little high since testing is not completely random.  It is usually done on people who are suspected as having the virus.

What I found interesting, which I have not seen published, is the large number of people in the US who died in 2018 & 2018 of the regular flu.  Since not all of the people who died in the US were tested for COVID but had cause of death listed as COVID because  of theIt symptoms, I wonder how many died due to the normal flu?

You can forget about lifting restrictions ‘ today visited immigration tested 37.5 20min later visited Big c tested 36.1 next door went into 7/11 tested 33.4 clearly testing your temp inadequate ! How many times are the batteries being replaced ? Today’s the first time I’ve left the house in over 3 weeks ( clearly Thailand a hot nation ) reading earlier reports in France says those who smoke are less likely to contract the virus ! Don’t know who to believe and until a cure is found we’re all in the same boat

I really dont see the point of locking down the whole Island Phuket when it's one or two places which have the most cases keep the curfew Im OK with that but it's creating other problems we have run out of water a couple of times I cant get out of the area to buy a tank I have no problem buying a tank a couple of companies I know in Phuket town cant deliver.

You can get to the hospital if an emergency in an ambulance but you cant get back unless you use the ambulance for a none emergency you need the letter from the hospital but you have to get to the hospital to get it, as we were wanting to do the other day leave the ambulance for emergencies.

Whats wrong with me buying a couple of beers to drink at home? Alone! 

Edited by ChipButty
  • Like 1