Phuket's dragonian lockdown

Sharp

Based on the virus numbers in Thailand but in particular Phuket.

Ok understand there the highest outside BKK but active search measures are in place obviously leading to more cases.

What are your thoughts should nothing change come the 1st of May and the situation regarding lockdowns continue .

To me its way over the top looking at other countries actions based on numbers.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Yankeesvsredsox said:

I suppose if it was high season as opposed to rainy ,the decision makers might push for opening up! Don't get your hopes up for Phuket to make the cut . That's just my opinion

Yeah thats my thoughts also.

Still doesn't make much sense personally

Active case tracing is showing up more people who are infected but have no symptoms (or had not developed symptoms at the time of testing). This was reported in the press but also at a meeting my wife attended today in Nonthaburi (she works with the MoPH). So I think the 'lockdown' will contnue, especially in Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Puket, etc. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Active case tracing is showing up more people who are infected but have no symptoms (or had not developed symptoms at the time of testing). This was reported in the press but also at a meeting my wife attended today in Nonthaburi (she works with the MoPH). So I think the 'lockdown' will contnue, especially in Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Puket, etc. 

Yeah hopefully less restrictive tho.

11 minutes ago, DavisH said:

No one believes the Thai Govt figures. Your inside access to information is most useful to all here. Please keep posting any news.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, samsensam said:

what about the dragon?!

'Dragonian' :tongue:

OTT unless they know something and the books and cooked. I would keep my head down if it does open up prematurely though. Having said that, the army might be being extra cautious because if they did open up and folk started dropping en-masse, it'd make them look bad and they can't have that.

3 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

This pandemic has exposed the lack of quality and responsible leadership around the world...

Educators social design to make all people equal is finally reaping the consequences...moron are running the asylums...

Karma!

Don't put us on the same level as those running the asylums

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Agusts said:

Imagine all the bars, packed discos , malls and massage shops, it got around as much as it wanted for a good two months before lockdown. Now it's almost gone,  I bet half the population already had it, many with no symptoms or very mild ones...

Do not know if 1/2 the population already had it, but it is very likely a lot more than this:

On 24 April 2020 at 18:00, Thailand announced that 2,604 additional people met the criteria for PUI, raising the total to 50,390 PUI, as shown in Table 1.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/situation.php

It's like in Thailand they didn't mind or had any issues until suddenly all other countries in Europe and US got into trouble and lockdown, and these guys thought sh*t we have to do something or we look bad, just playing catch up, and too late...

Of course now as they didn't have high numbers to start with (well, official reported one), they have no idea how to end it - they say should have zero cases for 14 days to open, zero...! ? Who does that, we will have a few cases everywhere for years to come, unless they vaccinate everyone...., Spain and Italy are opening up, is it worse here....!!! ? 

Edited by Agusts
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Perhaps the answer is in the stats posted regarding the age range of the deaths in Italy.......which for some reason I cannot seem to post/copy??

Age 60 to 69 yrs = 11% and age 70 yrs and older = 84 %......so the oldies are being killed off in the main.

Yes, the age may be a factor, and life expectancy,  and how the old population go out and about and caught this virus in numbers there. Maybe in here there are less old folks in general, and with pre-conditons (they probably die of their pre-condition due to, well, not have money or good/free health service to save them), and this age group get out less - again not being wealthy and stay at home. But of course they live with their kids more here who can give them the virus, as oppose to the west...! ? Who knows...

I think they will do a lot of research and PhD on these studies in the next few years...

16 hours ago, Sharp said:

Ok so we obviously we disagree no problem .

Based on the numbers being blurted out everyday you think closing of the Tambons ( Phuket only) is a rational response ..Note..(YOU had to pass 10 Checkpoints says it all)

Overkill at it's finest without doubt..

Maybe you got through with ease driving a car pictured in your profile ( Not rocket science to see the conection  lol...Unless you like police cars ).

SO you actually agree with my issue but for selected groups only ..nuff said..

Theres slot of selfishness out there. 

Closing sub-districts is about controlling access to sub-districts. Draconian would be completely sealing off districts- which is not happening. There are justifiable reasons (as were mine) for having to pass through and I was checked at each one- no problems with that.

Given the recent outbreaks in Bang Tao the restrictions are a rational response and is the reason I chose to go via Patong, which had not had a registered case for a number of days by the time I went. I toyed with the idea of going to Makro but that would have defeated my personal choice just to do what I had to do and get back- others have not been applying the same moral compass.

Food, ambulances, essential workers, etc still needs to get around the island but by controlling access the amount of moment is significantly minimised as people are deterred in travelling.  If that's what you class as selected groups so be it- they are being checked, not just racing willy-nilly about the place. Its the same with the curfew- a few idiots are going to break it but with the MAJORITY of the population complying it cuts down on the peoential for spreading things.

What I object to is histrionic over reactions (not pointing the finger at you- just commenting on a number of posters in general throughout the Forums). Personally I would have used a less dramatic word that Draconian but as you say above- each to their own. 

Still looking for Dragons. ????

@Psimbo You must be joking about being checked at checkpoints...! Getting your temperature is a check for this virus...!!! ? As everyone knows by now there is a large percentage of infected people with no symptoms,  no fever, no cough, that's been the main issue,  where have you been, maybe comedown your ivory tower and see what's going on...!

Draconian it is, just s few days ago the police, volunteers and even so called farang tourist police stopping people in Patong who were waking or running , telling them you are not allowed to exercise outside, go and do it at home....!!! , even it made the news and Patong mayor had to comment on it, kind of a spin ....

Phuket is the only province with this "draconian"  sub-district restriction in whole of Thailand... , good for you to somehow freely go through all of them with your police car.... ! lol

And no, we don't have room to pile up beer in our condos, lucky for you and your foresight and big warehouse...

And read this below to see what really spread the virus, this poor woman was sick as a dodo on 6 Apr, but only diagnosed on 27 Apr, total incompetent in quarantining her, seem they let her go and she had to come back 3 times, with all their search for the infected, how many people she infected in this time...!? And they make all these restrictions for the rest of us...

------------------------

"Case 211. A Thai woman, 47, who looked after grandchildren at her home in Koh Kaew. The woman became ill, with coughing, on Apr 6 and presented herself for medical treatment at her local health promotion hospital (clinic). On Apr 15, still ill, she presented herself at Vachira Phuket Hospital. X-rays of her lungs were normal, but she still had symptoms of infection. She had a fever, was coughing and felt tired. She returned to Vachira Phuket Hospital on Apr 27. Officers are investigating how she became infected. It was not reported how many people had high risk exposure to this woman."

Edited by Agusts

15 minutes ago, Agusts said:

@Psimbo You must be joking about being checked at checkpoints...! Getting your temperature is a check for this virus...!!! ? As everyone knows by now there is a large percentage of infected people with no symptoms,  no fever, no cough, that's been the main issue,  where have you been, maybe comedown your ivory tower and see what's going on...!

Draconian it is, just s few days ago the police, volunteers and even so called farang tourist police stopping people in Patong who were waking or running , telling them you are not allowed to exercise outside, go and do it at home....!!! , even it made the news and Patong mayor had to comment on it, kind of a spin ....

Phuket is the only province with this "draconian"  sub-district restriction in whole of Thailand... , good for you to somehow freely go through all of them with your police car.... ! lol

And no, we don't have room to pile up beer in our condos, lucky for you and your foresight and big warehouse...

And read this below to see what really spread the virus, this poor woman was sick as a dodo on 6 Apr, but only diagnosed on 27 Apr, total incompetent in quarantining her, seem they let her go and she had to come back 3 times, with all their search for the infected, how many people she infected in this time...!? And they make all these restrictions for the rest of us...

------------------------

"Case 211. A Thai woman, 47, who looked after grandchildren at her home in Koh Kaew. The woman became ill, with coughing, on Apr 6 and presented herself for medical treatment at her local health promotion hospital (clinic). On Apr 15, still ill, she presented herself at Vachira Phuket Hospital. X-rays of her lungs were normal, but she still had symptoms of infection. She had a fever, was coughing and felt tired. She returned to Vachira Phuket Hospital on Apr 27. Officers are investigating how she became infected. It was not reported how many people had high risk exposure to this woman."

You first say that there are asymptomatic people who are infected and show no signs of infection, which is great reason why the lock-down has to be strict. Then, you describe the lock-down as a joke.

Maybe you should spend some time thinking things through.

• Like 1