Phuket's dragonian lockdown

Sharp

10 minutes ago, PST said:

Not really, as Tambons are currently locked, and 'Tambons in Phuket will remain closed/locked until further notice.' as i stated. If you can show me anything that says they will re-open at midnight tonight as planned i would be grateful

A pity you don't see the difference between 'tambons will stay locked' as you claim, and 'unclear whether easing measures will stay in effect' as your quote says.

Wait and see, there will probably be more clarity later today.

Just now, stevenl said:

A pity you don't see the difference between 'tambons will stay locked' as you claim, and 'unclear whether easing measures will stay in effect' as your quote says.

Wait and see, there will probably be more clarity later today.

i see the difference 100%, but thanks anyway. I have never made a quote that says ''unclear whether easing measures will stay in effect', that was taken from a news source. Cheers.

4 hours ago, pagallim said:

So, my wife tells me that having got people excited yesterday by each sub district asking them to register if they want to their home province, that has been scrapped until 31st May (or a seperate order from national government).

Apparently more than 20,000 people registered.   There are going to be a lot of angry people today.

A lot of people jumping the gun regarding registering to leave the island.   These photos within the last hour of the queue to the checkpoint.

FB_IMG_1588221711022.jpg

FB_IMG_1588221705843.jpg

What a mess , PM now overrules governor, time for governor to return the favour... , remind you of another place governors and president in conflict...lol, but I doubt it happen here...

Who are these people in charge of the country, can't they pick up the phone and chat a bit...!

Even in 21st century we are just managed like a herd of sheep. Draconian Tambons blockade won't be open next week, let's hope they look into it again for after that...

I think we forgot about that Phuket special 8pm curfew which was also set by (previous) governor, as oppose to 10pm everywhere else, I guess that too stays...!?  

• Like 1

Yet again, it's a mess. For me personally, Thailand and Phuket in particular have done a great job so far, and indeed there has been a need to lock Tambons down, and rightly so, but communication as always is seemingly difficult for whatever reason.

My wife works at a well known luxury hotel over on the east of the Island, and it's located in the Tambon we live in. For the past month, only employees from that Tambon have been working, as other staff members are located in other Tambons and can't get to work. As of 15 minutes ago, she seemed to think that Tambons would be open, and the Hotel has informed other staff to prepare to return to work. This has not been confirmed yet.

It changes from one minute to the next. An annoucement from the Phuket Govenor 15 mins ago says things stay as they are???

13 minutes ago, PST said:

really, that surprises me, as its clear as daylight

Yes. You write 'central government announces easing local measures may be rolled back' you conclude 'lockdown continues', when pointed out that your conclusion is nit the same as the original text you again quote the original text, and when pointed out to you that that is not the same as your conclusion you say 'of course not, I knew that'. Sure, clear as mud.

But enough of that, let's wait and see what the local government announces.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Yes. You write 'central government announces easing local measures may be rolled back' you conclude 'lockdown continues', when pointed out that your conclusion is nit the same as the original text you again quote the original text, and when pointed out to you that that is not the same as your conclusion you say 'of course not, I knew that'. Sure, clear as mud.

But enough of that, let's wait and see what the local government announces.

nope, i never wrote what you have written in quotation marks', so incorrect, in fact i haven't written anything you have mentioned apart from 'lockdown continues', which it does. You seem confused. Relax. Did you know you average 76 posts a day?

Edited by PST

34 minutes ago, PST said:

Yet again, it's a mess. For me personally, Thailand and Phuket in particular have done a great job so far, and indeed there has been a need to lock Tambons down, and rightly so, but communication as always is seemingly difficult for whatever reason.

My wife works at a well known luxury hotel over on the east of the Island, and it's located in the Tambon we live in. For the past month, only employees from that Tambon have been working, as other staff members are located in other Tambons and can't get to work. As of 15 minutes ago, she seemed to think that Tambons would be open, and the Hotel has informed other staff to prepare to return to work. This has not been confirmed yet.

It changes from one minute to the next. An annoucement from the Phuket Govenor 15 mins ago says things stay as they are???

Curious why the resort is open?  who is staying there?
thought all resorts were closed except for a few hotels to accommodate the tourists still trapped here

and now ur wife has told you the tambons will reopen, yet ur sure they wont?
bit of an argument at home now... LOL

Edited by zzzzz
  • Like 1

Just now, zzzzz said:

thought all resorts were closed except for a few hotels to accommodate the tourists still trapped here

The Resort is open, and you are correct, there are no guests. The reason that it is still open is for general maintenance, painting of furniture in rooms etc and deep cleaning, especially in the many restaurants the resort has. Up till now, only staff living in the Tambon have been able to get to work.

2 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Our handyman tried to enter Patong 10 minutes ago to fix a no water in houses issue. Turned back. Officers said he  can go tomorrow as borders open. But officer added - might change. 

According to Richard Barrow in the last 10 mins it has all changed again!!???

OFFICIAL: These are the measures that can be relaxed nationwide from 3 May. Provincial governors can copy this but they can only be the same or stricter than what is dictated by federal government. The 6 groups are: markets, food store, some shops, sport activities, barber & pet pedicure.

Here is a translation, but to be clear, this is a recommendation by the federal government. You have to wait for your provincial governor to agree to the same or to be stricter:

1️⃣Wet market, community markets, floating market & walking street
2️⃣Food shops, street food & hawkers
3⃣ Small shops & restaurants. Can sit but tables must be spaced
4⃣ Sports center and outdoor non-team sports such as tennis
5⃣ Barbers and beauty clinics
6⃣ Pet shops

1 minute ago, PST said:

According to Richard Barrow in the last 10 mins it has all changed again!!???

OFFICIAL: These are the measures that can be relaxed nationwide from 3 May. Provincial governors can copy this but they can only be the same or stricter than what is dictated by federal government. The 6 groups are: markets, food store, some shops, sport activities, barber & pet pedicure.

Here is a translation, but to be clear, this is a recommendation by the federal government. You have to wait for your provincial governor to agree to the same or to be stricter:

1️⃣Wet market, community markets, floating market & walking street
2️⃣Food shops, street food & hawkers
3⃣ Small shops & restaurants. Can sit but tables must be spaced
4⃣ Sports center and outdoor non-team sports such as tennis
5⃣ Barbers and beauty clinics
6⃣ Pet shops

What a clustertruck!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

and now ur wife has told you the tambons will reopen, yet ur sure they wont?
bit of an argument at home now... LOL

Nope, the talk earlier at the resort was that the Tambons were re-opening, and that it would then enable other staff from other Tambons to come to work, but as i stated, it hadn't been confirmed. Ive never said i'm sure they wont, just simply copied and pasted quotes from the PM statement this morning. Richard Barrow has posted in the last 20 mins or so now saying that there are 6 business types that can open from May 3rd, and it's official.

Its literally changing by the minute

• Like 1

Sorry to interrupt your conversation.

I just saw you wrote people have "registered" to "leave Phuket". What does it means, exactly? i.e. I was not aware I need to pre-register to leave the province. I would be glad if someone can share a link with instructions on where or how I need to "register" to leave Phuket. As I talked multiple times with the police officers this week and they told me no need to do "anything". i.e. when the airport would be open if I have a flight I can fly. Never mentioned I need to preregister anywhere. Glad to know if you have a link where the info for that registration. And... does it apply both to foreigners and Thai or only foreigners or only Thai?

CONFIRMED - Phuket's "Tambon Lockdown" ends at midnight tonight... but be warned...

While travel between subdistricts will be allowed, all other orders issued to prevent the spread of COVID-19 remain in effect until further notice.

Looks like the missus was right for once!!

• Like 1

It is a such a mess you don't know what's going on in the next few minutes, let alone days. But you guys need to be specific and not mix up things. The draconian restrictions have many parts and they are not related, so please take that into accounts when posting. Some nationwide and from federal government and some local:

1- Shops and business closure

2- Inter-provincial closures 

3- Airport closure, national, international, also border closures I guess

4- Sub-district,  inter-Tambon closures

5- Alcohol ban

6- Beach access ban

7- Curfew ban and time, start 8pm, 10pm etc.

8- Mask wearing regulation, 20k fine

9- Social distancing regulation 40k or is it 100k and one or two years prison,  well , this applies for breaking any above rules...

Edited by Agusts

8 minutes ago, bodga said:

Your'e  not wrong there!

Also just reading those who have registered to leave may do so from 5 a.m. tomorrow, though they will be limited to 5000 per day (2500 in the morning, 2500 in the afternoon).

1 hour ago, Tarukhtah said:

Sorry to interrupt your conversation.

I just saw you wrote people have "registered" to "leave Phuket". What does it means, exactly? i.e. I was not aware I need to pre-register to leave the province. I would be glad if someone can share a link with instructions on where or how I need to "register" to leave Phuket. As I talked multiple times with the police officers this week and they told me no need to do "anything". i.e. when the airport would be open if I have a flight I can fly. Never mentioned I need to preregister anywhere. Glad to know if you have a link where the info for that registration. And... does it apply both to foreigners and Thai or only foreigners or only Thai?

A Thai friend of mine just talked to the Tessabaan so secondhand info but as i understand it.

Foreigners can also register to drive or transport to Bangkok then fly from there .( Starting 5am tomorrow)

I suggest you go to the office and they will confirm as said Phuket Airport is closed until 15th earliest   

1 hour ago, pagallim said:

Firstly, are you aware that the airport closure has been extended from 30th April to 15th May?

The registration being spoken about is for migrant Thais who wish to return to their home province.

I just learnt it today. Man info goes really fast... They brought it up just this morning, just one day before they were supposed to open ?!?!?!

22 minutes ago, Sharp said:

A Thai friend of mine just talked to the Tessabaan so secondhand info but as i understand it.

Foreigners can also register to drive or transport to Bangkok then fly from there .( Starting 5am tomorrow)

I suggest you go to the office and they will confirm as said Phuket Airport is closed until 15th earliest   

Question: Where and how can we register? Does anyone know? Foreigner here.

Question 2: Does it then mean we can go out from May 2 by road, or it means we are registered but no clue when we go out?

Question 3: "Transport to Bangkok" means private and/or taxi? I do not find buses operating.

Edited by Tarukhtah

30 minutes ago, Tarukhtah said:

I just learnt it today. Man info goes really fast... They brought it up just this morning, just one day before they were supposed to open ?!?!?!

Question: Where and how can we register? Does anyone know? Foreigner here.

Question 2: Does it then mean we can go out from May 2 by road, or it means we are registered but no clue when we go out?

Question 3: "Transport to Bangkok" means private and/or taxi? I do not find buses operating.

Firstly, which area are you in?   You need to go to the area Tessabaan to register (and you really need to take a Thai speaker with you).   Have your personal documents with you.

Yes, you can leave by road from tomorrow.   Again more information should be available at the Tessabaan.

No, buses are not operating, so would have to be private car or taxi.   Do you have a car here?   I am guessing not.   The only option that I can think of is to get a 'one way' car hire from a national car hire place such as Hertz.   Check with them what documentation you need i.e. licence type etc.   I don't think you would find a taxi  willing to take you to Bangkok.   I believe that Surat Thani airport will open tomorrow so that could be an option for a taxi to there, obviously you need to check.