Phuket's dragonian lockdown

Sharp

1 hour ago, pagallim said:

Firstly, which area are you in?   You need to go to the area Tessabaan to register (and you really need to take a Thai speaker with you).   Have your personal documents with you.

Yes, you can leave by road from tomorrow.   Again more information should be available at the Tessabaan.

No, buses are not operating, so would have to be private car or taxi.   Do you have a car here?   I am guessing not.   The only option that I can think of is to get a 'one way' car hire from a national car hire place such as Hertz.   Check with them what documentation you need i.e. licence type etc.   I don't think you would find a taxi  willing to take you to Bangkok.   I believe that Surat Thani airport will open tomorrow so that could be an option for a taxi to there, obviously you need to check.

Hold on, but the comments above said we need to register tomorrow from 5:00 AM. But tomorrow the Thesaban is supposed to be closed all day. And normal days they do not open at 5:00 AM. 

2 minutes ago, Tarukhtah said:

Hold on, but the comments above said we need to register tomorrow from 5:00 AM. But tomorrow the Thesaban is supposed to be closed all day. And normal days they do not open at 5:00 AM. 

No. The border opens at 5am tomorrow. You needed to register before that.

Sunday, are the Thesaban open ? or we can register in the checkpoints? This morning I was in the checkpoints and they said no registration. But since the news came only in the afternoon, maybe that changed?

Friday 1, Monday 4, Wednesday 6, Monday 11, all closed.

Sunday, are the Thesaban open ? or we can register in the checkpoints? This morning I was in the checkpoints and they said no registration. But since the news came only in the afternoon, maybe that changed?

OK, you are obviously not a native English speaker so some of the advice and comments are being lost in translation.

When I and others talk about the checkpoint, I'm talking about the main police checkpoint just south of the Sarasin Bridge, through which all traffic either entering or leaving Phuket has to pass.   The 'checkpoints' that I believe you're talking about are the local temporary checkpoints that have been set up between sub districts.   These will open tomorrow morning at 4 a.m. except for those 'high risk' areas (Bangla Road, Bang Tao etc).

If you have not registered at your local Tessabaan, you will not be allowed through the Checkpoint near the bridge.   The tessabaan should also allocate you a day and time for you to go to the Checkpoint, as only 5000 people a day are being allowed through, and currently 40,000 people have registered.

You have not said where on the island you are?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tarukhtah said:

@stevenl  do you know if they are extending visas or they are telling you do not need to do it, go back home?

Yes, they're telling you to go home. All extensions postponed till after 31 July.

58 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Yes, they're telling you to go home. All extensions postponed till after 31 July.

That would be just the Phuket immigration office then, because on visa thread they say almost every other office does their service as usual, the 90 day registration, 1 year extension and so on... !? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

are you sure 1 years extensions( Non O, B) expiring now thru end of july are postponed until august 1st?

I read it differently 

17 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

are you sure 1 years extensions( Non O, B) expiring now thru end of july are postponed until august 1st?

I read it differently 

That's what was on the sign and what the officer told me.

Ask @merijn for an insider pov.

1 hour ago, zzzzz said:

I read it differently 

Seems strange, this would mean anyone holding 400k in the bank for 2 months prior to their normal application date for marriage extension now have to keep the funds banked for a further 3 months.

Edited by PST

I can confirm. In the immigration they do extends visas if you wish. However, the officer told it is probably not worth since you'll need to pay the fee for the extension, and if you get for instance 30 days, you'll be getting less window than July 31st.

Other than that, does anyone have a clue where we can register to leave? In the last 24 hours I have heard 20 different versions and none works.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Tarukhtah said:

I can confirm. In the immigration they do extends visas if you wish. However, the officer told it is probably not worth since you'll need to pay the fee for the extension, and if you get for instance 30 days, you'll be getting less window than July 31st.

Other than that, does anyone have a clue where we can register to leave? In the last 24 hours I have heard 20 different versions and none works.

Thats good to know, as if your marriage or retirement extension is due before 31st of July anyway, then apply as normal i guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PST said:

Thats good to know, as if your marriage or retirement extension is due before 31st of July anyway, then apply as normal i guess.

exactly!

Forget about leaving, Krabi ,Phang Nga will not allowing anyone to travel thru their provinces with out a covid certificate 

AND 14 days quarantine

From Krabi government:

No person who has not passed the coviral detection-19 and has not passed the cuddle-14 days. Enter or pass.# Krabi.
For the safety of the area and prevent distribution to different places... sorry for any inconvenience

Edited by zzzzz

7 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

exactly!

Forget about leaving, Krabi ,Phang Nga will not allowing anyone to travel thru their provinces with out a covid certificate 

AND 14 days quarantine

From Krabi government:

I believe that has already been rescinded by Krabi.

From what I understood they set the sticker in the checkpoint indicating your destination province, that "grants" you to some extent (not sure which) a drive through, up till the destination province.

But hej... I saw things change quite fast so I'd be wondering if the story of the stickers is over.

from  5 pm:

PHUKET: Hours after opening the bridge for people to leave the island early today (May 1), police ordered the bridge closed to traffic again as officials were overwhelmed by the people wanting to leave Phuket to get home.

Any people wanting to leave the island by road must wait until at least Sunday (May 3), Phuket Provincial Police Chief Maj Gen Rungrote Thakurapunyasiri said this afternoon.

Officers stopped allowing people to cross the bridge at 2pm. It was not made clear who gave the order to shut down the state-organised exodus.

More than 40,000 people have registered to leave Phuket through a campaign that started as a “survey” for officials to gauge how many people wanted to leave Phuket in order to return to their home provinces and devise a plan to make that possible.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-exodus-halted-as-officials-overwhelmed-close-bridge-75923.php?fbclid=IwAR28ApLlo8_ts429Eohlm1PEy4D0g4mpH-QN8uXo-YCKmxWoDhcHxw5WTu4

For 1 year retirement/ marriage extension must go to room 103 on the other side of where tourists go, different people and room.

We need to see if those guys are operating and accept applications, even if not today they might come and start up next week,  Tuesday 5 May, 7 and 8 should be open...

Alcohol ban is lifted from Sunday 3 May, but there have been so many u-turns lately, don't believe it until you have a cold one in your hand and sipping....lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

Beach Road in Kata is open now. Beach itself still closed, and did not see anyone on there.

We walked along the road at 08.00 today. Barriers up but guard at tessibaan said we could walk. Park closed. Guard not know when open.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

We walked along the road at 08.00 today. Barriers up but guard at tessibaan said we could walk. Park closed. Guard not know when open.

All barriers removed later in the morning. Park still closed.

• Like 1