"Wonderful kind foreigners" stepping up to help! Thai media praises efforts to help desperate Thais

rooster59

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Been looking after a Thai family who was poor for 20 years the only praise I get is from the mrs. ????

2 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

I had a similar experience for 13 years until they all died !    They just can't bring themselves to say 'Thank You', as it means 'Loss of Face' having to admit they haven't got a pot to <deleted> in !

* 20 Ways to Give Without Expectations :thumbsup:

https://tinybuddha.com/blog/20-ways-to-give-without-expectations/

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, RobbyXNorway said:

It's a nice gesture but where is the government aparatus that should have been put in place for this reason? Any idiot should know this would cause serious problems for the poorer part of the country.

My thoughts exactly, where is the foresight to see the impact on people ? There are some very deep pockets in Thailand as well as the authorities who should be helping the ones in need.

• Thanks 1

Some Thai and farang friends of mine and myself have been doing the same thing here in Pattaya... It is really surreal and heart breaking to watch as the pickup truck pulls up and people appear from out of nowhere and ingulf the truck... I hope this China madness ends soon, or Thailand is gonna have some real problems! 

According to the police, they posted a video of social media activity showing people who did not wear masks queuing to get donations without practising social distancing.

This may have fooled people around the world to assume that Thailand did not have the necessary protective measures in place for Covid-19, which tarnished the country’s credibility.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, chobina said:

Apparently, Police called those foreigners to the station, and they had to apologize too.  Go figure.

Maybe they’re seeing it as a loss of face, or Farang doing the right thing doesn’t serve their agenda.

I doubt this thing would happen anywhere else in the world, Only in LOS

Here is a link to the article from the Samui Times

????????

This time in a organized manner where protective precautions has been added such as social distancing etc. - well done! :thumbsup:

https://www.samuitimes.com/koh-samui-foreigner-have-a-second-attempt-at-handing-food-donations/

Edited by ttrd
  • Thanks 1

Well hopefully it will make the idiot with the sling slot on face book look like the muppet he is if nothing else,this is happening all over,so all the posters who think Thai people hate us[there are a few as in any country] maybe think again,as i said where i live i have rarely ever encountered problems with the locals.

May i add it seems new poster ss sturmbanfueher Hugolars has gone very quiet,thankfully.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Been looking after a Thai family who was poor for 20 years the only praise I get is from the mrs. ????

There is some kind of saying like "don't give to receive" something like that.. I have helped people in the past in various charity and church ventures, quite often the most vulnerable will not thank but will just take whatever you offer. It can be  a bit disheartening but just the way it is. It doesn't change the fact that YOU have helped the needy. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The local authority were informed and all protocols were followed including mask wearing, health checks and social distancing.

Nice to see this help, with the correct procedures in place to ensure people are fed and protected.

Well done all those involved and the public being sensible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yadon Toploy said:

Thais see themselves as unique and superior and are educated (indoctrinated) to think so.

Reality as we know is very different and they are nothing special neither as a nation and very rarely as individuals.

If things get bad here expect foreigners to be scapegoated, and all blame shifted.

"If things get bad here expect foreigners to be scapegoated"

The MInister for Health has already started the ball rolling with his comments of the last couple of weeks!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Many foreigners consider Thailand their home and the people around them, their community. 

Truth be told, many care more about the land than the locals.

It's a shame that the powers that be don't seem to recognise this, making it easier for the good guys to make this their permanent home.

How very true. I was just asking myself if I think this will make Anutin pause for thought before slagging off 'dirty' foreigners again.

Sadly I don't think it will. To stop being a moron is harder than stopping being a loser. To stop being a loser in Thailand, all you really need is a brown tongue. To stop being a moron requires education, and that's harder.

Edited by ParkerN

4 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Many foreigners consider Thailand their home and the people around them, their community. 

Truth be told, many care more about the land than the locals.

It's a shame that the powers that be don't seem to recognise this, making it easier for the good guys to make this their permanent home.

I am grateful to call Thailand my home, and since I am now stranded here for another month, and since I have a small pension and am not dependent on work, this inspires me to go out and do something. I have long considered the Thai people an extended group of neighbors and even family, and now is the time to express that gratitude.

• Like 1

There are a lot of professional critics trolling comments all the time here, how about stepping up like these folks did instead? Do what you can, people, and never mind what the government is or isn't doing. Comments about the government serve no useful purpose, they don't read them do they? I'm stuck here an extra month, normally I go back to the US just for summer, and I've decided I want to help out as well. I don't have visa problems or income problems, I haven't figured out the details yet, but the money I'm not spending in bars and on trips would be well spent on the needy Thai people, whose country is now my home. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

I'm told that yesterday some kind hearted foreigners in Pattaya were handing out food packages to local residents until the the police came and shooo them away saying that No, you can't do that.. go figure...

4 hours ago, petermik said:

Just jobsworths wanting to show their authority....people not queuing properly and no pre notification sent...as I said "jobsworths"

Without this, it would not be right all round. Let's have more...

5 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Well done to all-whatever their nationality-who,in this moment of world crisis, step up to the plate...

"No man is an island entire of itself,each is a piece of the continent,a part of the main.."

John Donne,1624.

..i knew there was good in us.