"Wonderful kind foreigners" stepping up to help! Thai media praises efforts to help desperate Thais

rooster59

i actually get on well with my thai neigbour and his wife Lovely people. Couple of days ago they called me over to look at the latest grand kid Was so cute, I often share a beer with him or sit  down chat to them I really do like living in Thailand  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Well done, i'm pleased that foreigners are showing a great example to the Government how to organize feeding the Thai people, maybe it's time they stepped off their high horses and took some notice and maybe then they wouldn't show themselves up as they did in Pattaya.....  A government and a military that can't organize logistics ?   I hope Mr nasty Anutin's taking notice.....  

Many Thais from different socio economic status in Thailand doing this giving away foods and CASH to the poor across the country in many disaster for centuries already. Why wait for farang foriegners to teach?. I mean I am appreciated and thaknful anyone foriengners or Thai who do this. But some farang  comments here are so ignorance and outdated. They think only farang can do this? 

Remember the start of the covid19 outbreak , some faranf on here said oh we farang need to teach Thais the proper hygiene.

oh well... take care of yourself first.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

There are a lot of professional critics trolling comments all the time here, how about stepping up like these folks did instead? Do what you can, people, and never mind what the government is or isn't doing. Comments about the government serve no useful purpose, they don't read them do they? I'm stuck here an extra month, normally I go back to the US just for summer, and I've decided I want to help out as well. I don't have visa problems or income problems, I haven't figured out the details yet, but the money I'm not spending in bars and on trips would be well spent on the needy Thai people, whose country is now my home. 

You would be surprised what comes from these pages and ends up on the governments/immigration dept desks.......... I know that to be 100% true, and if certain scathing comments reach the gov then maybe they might even listen.....  and change might come around and Mr Health minister and his mates might be told to wind it in..... 

Police in Pattaya shooing people away should be told to f$#k off.

And the morons in government aka Rin tin Auntin shoukd be ashamed of their continual derogatory comments as they've done nothing to help the poor in Thailand.

5 minutes ago, Ratchsima said:

Many Thais from different socio economic status in Thailand doing this giving away foods and CASH to the poor across the country in many disaster for centuries already. Why wait for farang foriegners to teach?. I mean I am appreciated and thaknful anyone foriengners or Thai who do this. But some farang  comments here are so ignorance and outdated. They think only farang can do this? 

Remember the start of the covid19 outbreak , some faranf on here said oh we farang need to teach Thais the proper hygiene.

Personally i've never seen or heard any such comment coming from a "Farang"...... Only from Mr Anutin.....  If you have evidence please post it......... I'm sure there's lots of Farangs that would be only too happy to give them a roasting.....  

42 minutes ago, sungod said:

Many on here aren't probably old enough to remember, but before Covid 19 and prohibition it was a place where people would congregate and drink a liquid called 'beer'. If you drink a lot of 'beer' you are able to feel happy and in turn have something called 'fun.' Overall it was called 'going out.'

Anyway, an Englishman, Scotsman and Irishman walked into a bar......

(They were the days...... ???? )

Do they only sell beer?

Maybe it is a translation from "bar bia" in Thai. We call them pubs, in the UK. 

31 minutes ago, Ratchsima said:

If only ONE farang can go and teach Mr Donald Trump a thing or two...

(why waste such precious expertise to teach Thai people?)

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, ravip said:

If only ONE farang can go and teach Mr Donald Trump a thing or two...

(why waste such precious expertise to teach Thai people?)

Let's hope soon one Mr Biden can teach him a thing or two, of he remember which day the debate is on.

I hope that this pandemic open up the poor people eyes when it comes to their government. As much as the Thai with money, what are they doing for their people. Specially the ones that own 3-4 hotels in Pattaya. 

We foreigner don’t look for praise. We understand what it takes to help others out and without us here, I can imagine what this place would really be like.  Maybe in the end, their government will realize we are all in this together and it all about helping each other. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Truth Will Set You Free said:

I hope that this pandemic open up the poor people eyes when it comes to their government. As much as the Thai with money, what are they doing for their people. Specially the ones that own 3-4 hotels in Pattaya. 

We foreigner don’t look for praise. We understand what it takes to help others out and without us here, I can imagine what this place would really be like.  Maybe in the end, their government will realize we are all in this together and it all about helping each other. 

No..the Thai are cargo cultists..whichever "biscuit bomber" drops a load of spam and canned fruit on their heads is poo yai for a day and then another cargo plane comes along..

6 hours ago, The Barmbeker said:

Remeber that, the next time you tell me "You no undasatand Thailand" or "You just guest- go home if you no like!"

And maybe...just maybe...kick your government in the butt , so next time they actually pay money to every needy person!

Ai Anutin must be popping a few veins over this one lol

It is wonderful to see people helping people. What a great job they have done and are and will I am sure continue to do. Farangs and Thais working together for the greater good to help their fellow Man. I hope that they keep it up as it is not over yet! 

But one also Hope's that the government and the immigration folks remember these actions and give us at least some resemblance of respect when we need help or that extension of stay... maybe be inviting or the removal of some of the hoops perhaps? I know. . I fear the line will be ... "Dream on".

2 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

There is some kind of saying like "don't give to receive" something like that.. I have helped people in the past in various charity and church ventures, quite often the most vulnerable will not thank but will just take whatever you offer. It can be  a bit disheartening but just the way it is. It doesn't change the fact that YOU have helped the needy. 

I think you mean " Give and you will receive " just another brainwash idea from religion.

I posted what I've done in a light-hearted sort of way, like joke kapeesh, I couldn't give 2 monkeys about what others do to get in the lime light or do things to make themselves feel good.

Charity begins at home.

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Steven, a Scottish beer bar owner

1 hour ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

And they are wearing tanktops and having tattoo's , must be scum ????

Maybe.

“Beer bar” sell beer, but really sell sex workers. How many foreigner is the owner this place? Many. Make profit from that. 

The thai headline says “kind foreigners” 

it not say “wonderful”.  TVF translation. 

Nice they help.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I take my hat off to those who are helping.

I'm certain that those in office will issue these kind people with permanent residency, or scrap their 90 day reporting at the very least. Just as a token of their appreciation that is. 

Let's wait and see, shall we? 

Edited by djayz
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Grafting Ken said:

I’ll rephrase that for you Yin beer bars sell beer... the ladies that work in the bars sell sex....

“Bar fine”. Boss take it. And extra fee for drink. Make profit because the sex worker. maengda

44 minutes ago, Grafting Ken said:

the ladies that have no other option to work and help send money to their families up north... 

Have other option. 

Get job same 99% of north people. Most Issan/North people not work that. 

Most factory/office/farm/construction/transport/retail/food/tourism/self employ worker send money to the families same. 

• Confused 1