"Wonderful kind foreigners" stepping up to help! Thai media praises efforts to help desperate Thais

rooster59

5 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Hmmm. I read watch real news (Thai language) everyday. A lot. I understand thailand more than 99% of TVF member. Sure.

Many you guys get thai news from only from TVF.

problem is

1) 95% show news from Pattaya, Phuket tourism place. Thailand have 76 provinces. So you not know about real thailand.

2) Show news about farang. Eg. This story about food donation. There is food donation all 76 provinces.

But many poster here repeat that the farang are do everything. Then other poster think it true.

Nice farang helping, but Thais are donating in 76 provinces, 200,000 villages. TVF not report= you think it not happen. And then discuss that.

3) TVF, IMO, show a lot of negative news about Thailand, but ignore good news. Ignore the important news for thailand. eg one tourist overstay, will have 10 pages of “Thais are racist”. That story is NOT news thai people interest about it.

problem with the TVF “news team”. There is no Thai people working at TVF. 

4) The TVF translation is tricky. eg. The headline this story they show with “....” is not really true. This story headline does say “kind”. It NOT say wonderful. 

The example I show is only about this story. But most story the same. I say many time before TVF translation is “Based on a true story”. 

You guys believe it be true 100%, often discuss the untrue thing never happen. eg this thread some member discuss “wonderful”.

i read the thai links. My plan when start play TVF read the English, then read the thai link make sure I understand story. But most time it not the same. Really.

=you guys naivety  So much. 

Tricky translation, half true story, imagination posters not experience. Repeat so much, you believe it true. 

No problem.

But maybe, sometimes, you guys could believe me. I try give link often when you wrong, but difficult to find English link. I think 90%+ You guys never watch Thai news, only TVF.

TVF IMO same as woman gossip magazine. Not have high quality news. The Nation not so good IMO. 

i ignore a lot of argument. So much. If personal ignore. But if about Thai people, is wrong, I not ignore. 

i wrong sometimes. Can admit. Do admit. (Another thing you guys always repeat and believe “Thais NEVER admit they wrong”) 

Yawn.

Also I say joke often. Some you guys not know/understand the joke/sarcasm. Get angry yourself because not understand joke.

I am very funny person. My friends same, laughing a lot. Meet me you be rolling on the floor. ????

Have happy Sunday Sir. Wonderful guy.

So now you have decided to slag off the TVF operators, amazing...

You ignore questions you cannot or do not want to answer because the true answer would burst your Thai bubble.....

Rolling on the floor.............Gawd 'elp us........????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Meanwhile; the silence from the Gangsters in Government House is deafening !

no doubt Flip and Flop are sitting in the big house writing messages of how they looked after Thailand in this crisis, and writing to China asking them to send visitors as soon as possible

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

There are a lot of professional critics trolling comments all the time here, how about stepping up like these folks did instead? Do what you can, people, and never mind what the government is or isn't doing. Comments about the government serve no useful purpose, they don't read them do they? I'm stuck here an extra month, normally I go back to the US just for summer, and I've decided I want to help out as well. I don't have visa problems or income problems, I haven't figured out the details yet, but the money I'm not spending in bars and on trips would be well spent on the needy Thai people, whose country is now my home. 

One can do both...

On beach road the other day, the People being kind, are, well, just people being kind.  They have no ability to set up all the requirements, but just want to make sure food is given out to those in need.

They don't have the resources to organize the way teh city wants...BUT they are resourceful and learn quick.

When I walked upon it (accidentally while on way home from supermarket) , there was a huge line.
Then I watched everyone scatter suddenly.  I was a bit confused.
Then I see the police drive by a minute later.

Apparently they set up look outs.

Is this the best way to help?  Idk. But I'm glad people are out there still trying to help those in need ????

Who hit Yinn's hot button???  Assumptions aplenty in this thread.  Like assuming we all don't know whats happening in our communities and Thailand in general.  Assuming we make-up stuff just so we can slag off at someone because they are Thai.  Your loosing the little credibility you had with your latest posts in his thread.   Quoting my long Departed father who had a saying when you were getting yourself in trouble with a discussion : Pull your head in son,  you may not know as much as you think you know.  ????

12 hours ago, Yinn said:

Every foreign beer beer bar owner has wife/girlfriend business partner? No

Wrong

We have 3 million Burmese, Cambodia and Laos workers in Thailand because not enough worker/to many job. 

Wrong.

Many rich farmer.

Pffft. Top five tourism country in the world. Reason now is covid.

Rich people steal from poor people??? Funny idea. 

You are absolutely clueless!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

Hmmm. I read watch real news (Thai language) everyday. A lot. I understand thailand more than 99% of TVF member. Sure.

Many you guys get thai news from only from TVF.

problem is

1) 95% show news from Pattaya, Phuket tourism place. Thailand have 76 provinces. So you not know about real thailand.

2) Show news about farang. Eg. This story about food donation. There is food donation all 76 provinces.

But many poster here repeat that the farang are do everything. Then other poster think it true.

Nice farang helping, but Thais are donating in 76 provinces, 200,000 villages. TVF not report= you think it not happen. And then discuss that.

3) TVF, IMO, show a lot of negative news about Thailand, but ignore good news. Ignore the important news for thailand. eg one tourist overstay, will have 10 pages of “Thais are racist”. That story is NOT news thai people interest about it.

problem with the TVF “news team”. There is no Thai people working at TVF. 

4) The TVF translation is tricky. eg. The headline this story they show with “....” is not really true. This story headline does say “kind”. It NOT say wonderful. 

The example I show is only about this story. But most story the same. I say many time before TVF translation is “Based on a true story”. 

You guys believe it be true 100%, often discuss the untrue thing never happen. eg this thread some member discuss “wonderful”.

i read the thai links. My plan when start play TVF read the English, then read the thai link make sure I understand story. But most time it not the same. Really.

=you guys naivety  So much. 

Tricky translation, half true story, imagination posters not experience. Repeat so much, you believe it true. 

No problem.

But maybe, sometimes, you guys could believe me. I try give link often when you wrong, but difficult to find English link. I think 90%+ You guys never watch Thai news, only TVF.

TVF IMO same as woman gossip magazine. Not have high quality news. The Nation not so good IMO. 

i ignore a lot of argument. So much. If personal ignore. But if about Thai people, is wrong, I not ignore. 

i wrong sometimes. Can admit. Do admit. (Another thing you guys always repeat and believe “Thais NEVER admit they wrong”) 

Yawn.

Also I say joke often. Some you guys not know/understand the joke/sarcasm. Get angry yourself because not understand joke.

I am very funny person. My friends same, laughing a lot. Meet me you be rolling on the floor. ????

Have happy Sunday Sir. Wonderful guy.

yupp...utterly clueless!

"I read watch real news (Thai language) everyday." 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

Wow, new high knowledge member.

Welcome to TVF sir.

You win “POTY Yinn Clever Foreigner of Today” award.

Congratulation Ratchasima!

i nominate Ratchsima POTY 2020. 

Oooooof course!

2 Thais, who blindly regurgitate, what they are fed and pass that of as knowledge!

When I make a donation to any given cause, do I do it a) to help people or b) to gather brownie points with my imaginary friend in the sky, for a better "next life"?

As one psoter said it before: answering real questions with honesty would burst your Thai- bubble!

Now: are you denying, that foreigners in your country are always treated liek 2nd class humans?

Are you denying, that your government and most of your elites are useless powerhungry and greedy to the core and NOT helping in this situation at all?

If your answer to both questions is "yes"...my point is proven!

So answer a & b: yes or no? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ravip said:

There is a lot of truth and reality in Yinn's post. Some might find it excruciatingly painful to accept the bitter truth. Yes, Thai people do merit under normal circumstances too in their day to day life which NEVER get the exposure in the news highlights, and neither do they seek it. These random good deeds by foreigners are given an 'over exposure' just for the sake of the headlines.

A foreigner can live for decades in a country and boast that they know the country and its people like the back of their hand - that's just a dream, a bubble, mambo jumbo...

Putting  down and insulting locals are disgusting and amply highlights that persons mentality and attitude.

"Yes, Thai people do merit under normal circumstances too in their day to day life which NEVER get the exposure in the news highlights..." because it 's mainly self- serving and for religious reasons! Merits or absolution! 

"that's just a dream, a bubble, mambo jumbo..." you no undasatand Thailand...right?!

I always forget, that in the eyes of some, this place is magical, full of good people, who are not only intelectually surperior to the rest of the world, but generally better people!

"Putting  down and insulting locals are disgusting and amply highlights that persons mentality and attitude."

Yes...it is almost like blaspemie. Even well thoughtout criticizm is not allowed, because we are only guests here, right?!

Edited by The Barmbeker

6 minutes ago, The Barmbeker said:

"Yes, Thai people do merit under normal circumstances too in their day to day life which NEVER get the exposure in the news highlights..." because it 's mainly self- serving and for religious reasons! Merits or absolution! 

"that's just a dream, a bubble, mambo jumbo..." you no undasatand Thailand...right?!

I always forget, that in the eyes of some, this place is magical, full of good people, you are not only intelectually surperior to the rest of the world, but generally better peoplw!

"Putting  down and insulting locals are disgusting and amply highlights that persons mentality and attitude."

Yes...it is al,ost like blaspemie. Even well thoughtout criticizm is not allowed, because we are only guests here, right?!

Thank you! I myself could not have explained my post better.

• Haha 1

On 4/25/2020 at 7:29 AM, Creasy said:

In charge of the nation and all are millionaires. Too selfish to help the poor out of their own pockets and too incompetent to organise useful help.

Now you know why they hate us.

I am sure that those of us who have a little extra finance would happily help out and the rest who do not have finance but do have the ability in other ways to help out would do so in an instant, asking only that we can safely call Thailand home with a level playing field.

But instead we get useless 90 day reporting, border hops, double and triple pricing, Etc, etc and the threat of instant expulsion for the tiniest transgression of the bureaucratic mindset.

No one can possibly lose face to foreigners who want to help the People and country that we choose to live in.

So why can’t they get there heads around this simple reality and work with us.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2020 at 10:21 AM, ezzra said:

I'm told that yesterday some kind hearted foreigners in Pattaya were handing out food packages to local residents until the the police came and shooo them away saying that No, you can't do that.. go figure...

I'm told that...

I've heard that...

Forwarded as received...

My friends friends husband said...

My friends husband, who is a Professor in a University in Dreamland advised...

The above seems to be the most widely circulated and trusted news sources in the modern technologically advanced times.

52 minutes ago, ravip said:

I'm told that...

I've heard that...

Forwarded as received...

My friends friends husband said...

My friends husband, who is a Professor in a University in Dreamland advised...

The above seems to be the most widely circulated and trusted news sources in the modern technologically advanced times.

Whereas you trust the Thai- news...

Got it!

• Haha 1