"Wonderful kind foreigners" stepping up to help! Thai media praises efforts to help desperate Thais

rooster59

43 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

Embarrassing. 

The fact the media are being kind is an indication of just how desperate the country is. 

Soon as this virus crisis is over, the nation will be back to anti Westerner. How quickly Westerners forget. 

Thailand is not anti westerner. Maybe anti Fex.

Fex is anti Thai.

is your wife anti westerner?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Post removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

5 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

I am grateful to call Thailand my home, and since I am now stranded here for another month, and since I have a small pension and am not dependent on work, this inspires me to go out and do something. I have long considered the Thai people an extended group of neighbors and even family, and now is the time to express that gratitude.

Absolutely, because I'm sure they consider you as one of their own too and would be straight round if you needed help.

45 minutes ago, Grafting Ken said:

Wrong again Yinn bar fine boss take it will not be the farrang it will be the person who owns the licence of the bar and that will be his Thai wife or chick.

Every foreign beer beer bar owner has wife/girlfriend business partner? No

work self employs???? Total joke there is no self employed... they may think they are but scraping for a living is not a job.. 

Wrong

99% of Issan people have work??? You are deluded yin I live in a village of 200 houses and 99% are unemployed and scrape a living.

We have 3 million Burmese, Cambodia and Laos workers in Thailand because not enough worker/to many job. 

what tourist industry? You don’t have one anymore.

what factory’s? Most are closed or have removed 40 to 50% of there workers.

Wrong.

what farms? The farms don’t make money that’s why all the poor leave the farms to work in the big city’s and tourist areas.

Many rich farmer.

what tourist areas? You have none now because of your total ignorance and lack of respect for the people that have helped and made your country what it is today?

Pffft. Top five tourism country in the world. Reason now is covid.

what people? Those dirty farrang that are helping poor people out while the rich people continue to <deleted>, lie and steal from those poor that will very soon rise up and bite you in the <deleted>!

Rich people steal from poor people??? Funny idea. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I bought 15,000 eggs and donated to 3 temples who are preparing meals together with rice, meat and sauces, chillies etc in eco friendly recycled donated meal boxes and eating utensils .... this was in Bangkok City - we opted not to try and manage it ourselves as we could see the Police and other authorities and government agencies getting upset as they surly 'loose face' as they are doing nothing to help those in need, and choosing to ignore the situation.

What surprises me is the complete and utter silence of the government on this situation of there own people and are happy to let so Westerners to do alot of the leg work with the locals .... after its all over I'm pretty sure soon when things plateau out people like Anutin Charnvirakul will crawl from beneath the stone he hides to remeind the Kingdom of how dirty the Westerners are and the Government will return to equation number one, love the Chinese.

On a side note not seen much effort anywhere in the press etc of what help the LARGE Chinese communites are actually doing to help, squat it seems.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Husain Tula said:

Can anyone advise on how and where to donate to trusted charities either cash or food to help the needy at this time. I have been searching the web but came up with nothing. Appreciate any feedback

Donate ALWAYS with product to the temples

1 hour ago, sambum said:

I think you're missing the point - well, one or two to be honest!

Where are the facilities for the poor/less well off provided by the "different socio economic status" - I've never seen any! (In my country we call them "soup kitchens") Various farang charities such as The Round Table frequently organise fund raising events in aid of Thai schools, hospitals etc.  And where is the Government and Army help (apart from the 5k per month botch up) The PM going on TV and asking the 20 most wealthy people in Thailand to donate "more" than they have already? Would it not be a good idea if he said "I'll start it off by donating a month's wages!" and see how many people follow suit!

And the reason why "some faranf on here said oh we farang need to teach Thais the proper hygiene" was probably referring to the (mostly rural) Thai habit of eating with their fingers all from the same bowl(s). OK, they have done this for years and is part of the Thai (family) culture, but in the middle of a pandemic, it is a sure way of passing the virus around if even only ONE person sitting round the table is infected.

And your final statement:- "oh well... take care of yourself first." makes no sense whatsoever in the context of the post which is about "wonderful kind foreigners" helping Thais (Not my words - it's in the headline!)

Do you think Thai people are not capbable to make donation????

Do you know Thailand rank 2nd or 3rd in world ranking on ordinary people/private sector making donation rate? Yes google it.

Do you know many many many large - mid - small size Thai business have already make average 50000- 70million baht cash donation to help any related org with covid. google it.?

For example, even random small poor association like Thai- Chinese Friendhip Golf Asscociation donate 1million baht. They went to paliament and give it to paliamenr representative ans took picture.?

Do you know CP ALL 7 11 build the fast track face mask factory to make 100,000 face masks a day.?

Do you know how much that ordinary Thai people donate to hospitals nationwide?

Do you know many Thai actors/actresses donate 3- 6 million baht to help. Can you farang do that?

Seach google for 2011 historic flood on how Thai help each other in form of money and man power

Do you know the news abot Russian tourists live in the old temple pavillion in Phuket because they have no money to go back and those poor Thai people from that village give them foods and some money?

There are tons of donation from Thai people to help Thai people when in crisis/disasters. 

and thousands of lists go on.....

and again look at where you farang from. You take care of youeself first before teach Thais good hygiene. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Well done to Thais and foreigners for doing this kind of work. From tipping your Grab delivery guy, etc, to being out there giving people meals - it all counts. Keep it up. 

well done sad to see thais queueing up for food pity thai authorities are not helping as much , probably busy collecting fines 

4 hours ago, Yinn said:

Every foreign beer beer bar owner has wife/girlfriend business partner? No

Wrong

We have 3 million Burmese, Cambodia and Laos workers in Thailand because not enough worker/to many job. 

Wrong.

Many rich farmer.

Pffft. Top five tourism country in the world. Reason now is covid.

Rich people steal from poor people??? Funny idea. 

From POTY to potty.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sambum said:

Where are the facilities for the poor/less well off provided by the "different socio economic status" - I've never seen any! (In my country we call them "soup kitchens") 

In Thailand they call them Temples.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Yinn said:

Doing the jobs  Thais don't want to do. Many Thais are  too  busy  sitting on their backsides  looking at their  phones.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ezzra said:

I'm told that yesterday some kind hearted foreigners in Pattaya were handing out food packages to local residents until the the police came and shooo them away saying that No, you can't do that.. go figure...

In Pattaya you need a permit from city hall first because of the numbers turning up.

2 hours ago, faraday said:

I'm sure that that is the case about the majority of Issan people. There is though, considerably more to a person deciding to engage in prostitution than money.

I do however think, that because of your relative lack of experience in the real world, there are many things you don't understand.

Spouting off - as you occasionally do, about some subjects, does rather come across as being tainted with a degree of naivety.

This is not a personal attack, I'm not writing this to insult or be mean to you, but maybe, sometimes, you could take a step back, & appreciate the age/experience differences, & ignore the ones looking for an argument.

He's obligated to argue and fight anyone saying anything bad about Thailand. It doesn't matter if it's true or not. And he's not allowed to say anything bad about Thailand. 

Thailand Cultural Mandates 

Screenshot_20200426-084506.thumb.png.358c910a3a3ebc1b9888ae3f4e04d97d.png

• Like 1

18 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Meanwhile; the silence from the Gangsters in Government House is deafening !

Did you ever expect anything really worthwhile, nope - other than we're OK thanks for asking. 

19 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Meanwhile; the silence from the Gangsters in Government House is deafening !

The reason being is that they haven’t got a clue, as former army generals where everything was provided for them all they had to do was play at being soldiers ( and golf ).

The fact that Prayut wrote to a list of Thailand’s wealthiest seeking help on how to restart the economy says it all.

It seems he got ridiculed on social media by his own countrymen and women.