Lazada laptops

solomon david

Was looking though their website today and just wondered if anyone has experience or tips in dealing with them

A number of the laptops onp their site are below 5,000 and even 4,000 baht so at that sort of price might be worth a risk

Bought an msi 10" laptop in Ireland 12 years ago and was still using it til it was stolen in kl in january

I bought a Microsoft laptop from them last year and it's been good. I wouldn't worry about the risk of getting a dud. Because they're good with returns. If it's no good just send it back. I've never had a problem returning with Lazada. Just make sure to check the return policy on the product page before you order.

• Like 1

Saw a refurbished dell 12" 2120 laptop on lazada at 2,800 baht that i would. Be interested in buying but how to go about it? 

Don't wanna part with any debit card information yet... Will they accept money on delivery, how long should I wait for the or delivery, etc

Do they have a phone number I can ring on even a currently open collection point? 

Edited by solomon david

I do not know where the poster stays, however IT City has a number of shops on the upper floor selling refurbished laptops with a 3 month guarantee. there are also at least 2 shops just west of Chiang Mai gate on the inside of the moat.  

Be careful that it isn't coming from China,unless you don't mind waiting a month! There is a option to search for local sales on their site! And yes you can pay cash if they accept that for a transaction.

I think some might want you to transfer the money into a bank account of their's before they send it out!

On 4/26/2020 at 3:36 PM, solomon david said:

Saw a refurbished dell 12" 2120 laptop on lazada at 2,800 baht that i would. Be interested in buying but how to go about it? 

Don't wanna part with any debit card information yet... Will they accept money on delivery, how long should I wait for the or delivery, etc

Do they have a phone number I can ring on even a currently open collection point? 

COD is usually available with Lazada.  I have bought many things from them, including electronic devices and have never had a return problem.  The only catch is some sellers wont allow "Change of mind" returns, you need a valid reason like defective or not as advertised.   COD refunds can take a while.  Their CS is mostly by "Chat"...sometimes takes a while.  Difficult to get a real person.  Returns can be made to 7-11's, not sure you can use them as a pick-up point as well.

Edited by dddave

I looked at 2nd hand ThinkPads and there are a couple of shops which are based in Thailand on Lazada.

I used the chat function to ask some questions to look how they react. Some shops don't answer at all, other fast and with competent answers.

I liked this shop: https://www.lazada.co.th/shop/thinkcarbon/

But at the end I didn't buy from them because I changed my mind about buying a notebook - I just upgraded my existing one.

The chat takes a few minutes and it shows clearly which seller cares about their customers. If they don't even react (fast) when a customer wants to buy then it's unlikely that they will react any faster if someone bought something and has problems and wants to return the item.

I use that chat function now regularly for any product which cost more than a few hundred THBs.

• Like 2

Check for the Line ID from these sellers, it's on their business cards/website/display/facebook page/B2C page.. 

If you only have the phone number from them and it is a mobile number you can try to add the number and it will show in Line if they have chat or not.

Chat has the plus that you have the time for translation if they are talking in Thai.

I often send a picture of what I want and ask ' Mee mai?

As OMF already said, a chat and the reply indicate the support that you can expect from them.

If they 'read' and not answer, don't bother waiting and look somewhere else.

On 4/26/2020 at 3:36 PM, solomon david said:

I've been shopping at Lazada for some years and I never had any problems. Mostly I have been buying small things but I also bought a Samsung TV with a Sony Home Theater. As it was close to 50K Lazada called me to verify my order. They accept money on delivery and mostly it's very fast, 2-3 days. Go to their site if you want to contact them. Personally I wouldn't buy a refurbished laptop especially when new ones are so cheap.

On 4/26/2020 at 9:36 AM, solomon david said:

Do not even think about purchasing that laptop. It's just a ten year old Netbook. The performance will be dire, even if you upgrade the hard drive to a solid state drive. You have been warned.

Edited by Bruno123

i found my laptop freezing and hang on occasion due to 4 GB RAM,

see to it that whatever you buy got sufficient ram to function,

it is being occupied from multi tasking such as a game,

and a few web pages, each of which occupy 700+ mb,

you quickly run out of ram

Edited by brokenbone

16 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

i found my laptop freezing and hang on occasion due to 4 GB RAM,

see to it that whatever you buy got sufficient ram to function,

it is being occupied from multi tasking such as a game,

and a few web pages, each of which occupy 700+ mb,

you quickly run out of ram

Really? Each web page occupying 700 MB? I don't think so.

4GB of RAM is more than adequate for general tasks.

Are you still running your laptop with an HDD?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Really? Each web page occupying 700 MB? I don't think so.

4GB of RAM is more than adequate for general tasks.

Are you still running your laptop with an HDD?

3 web pages 800-900 mb, and only because i blocked the advertisement

otherwise it would be that for each web page. ( i checked some months ago

before i installed adv block)

yes an internal & an external hdd, this laptop was flogging new less then a year ago,

with latest cpu, but as you see, paltry 4gb ram and its memory usage is up the roof

memory useage.jpg

Edited by brokenbone
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

3 web pages 800-900 mb, and only because i blocked the advertisement

otherwise it would be that for each web page. ( i checked some months ago

before i installed adv block)

yes an internal & an external hdd, this laptop was flogging new less then a year ago,

with latest cpu, but as you see, paltry 4gb ram and its memory usage is up the roof

memory useage.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Mine from a laptop purchased in 2007. Now with 4GB of RAM. 

There must be some reason why your laptop is using so much more RAM. I have over twenty tabs open.

Just now, Bruno123 said:

Untitled.jpg

Mine from a laptop purchased in 2007. Now with 4GB of RAM. 

There must be some reason why your laptop is using so much more RAM. I have over twenty tabs open.

ff is a bit infamous about abusing memory,

but i dont know password for every place so im stuck with ff that remembers them for me

3 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

ff is a bit infamous about abusing memory,

but i dont know password for every place so im stuck with ff that remembers them for me

Every Browser allows you to save your passwords. You can retrieve them from FireFox's settings.

5 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Every Browser allows you to save your passwords. You can retrieve them from FireFox's settings.

oh ?! whow, i didnt know that, i will copy them to the other webs on those respective sites, just that now my puter lags in spite of no game running,

so its frustrating to get anything done

Edited by brokenbone

7 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

Do not even think about purchasing that laptop. It's just a ten year old Netbook. The performance will be dire, even if you upgrade the hard drive to a solid state drive. You have been warned.

Placed the order before I actually saw your post but we shall see how it goes

At under 3,000 baht won't actually be the end of the world if it disappoints and even so there a 3 month warranty so might be able to return it

Mentioned previously that 12 years ago I bought a 12" msi laptop from a second hand store in kilkenny, Ireland for 150 euro and it was OK till I had it pinched in Kuala Lumpur in January, 2020(by that time it needed a separate external keyboard and nedeed to be kept plugged in as the battery was completely shot but hey) 

It's Been bought in bangkok and I'm in bangkok so when  can I expect delivery(by post)? 

Odered on Monday April 27th at 3.15pm Thai time by debit card

Edited by solomon david

The dell 2120 laptop i bought online on monday arrived by courier this morning(thursday)so to begin with full marks for a prompt delivery

Said refurbished laptop cost 50 baht short of 3,000 and though i have only been using it for an hour my initial impressions are very favourable and it seems like a bargain

Getting it out of the box it looks brand new(though you only know its refurbished because it says so on the invoice)

So,full marks to lazada ,they,ll be my first stop when i,m looking to buy online in future

Edited by solomon david

i've bought a Lenovo on Facebook Marketplace.  Good deal, and I had my Thai gf talk to the seller.  seems like that helps.  shipped promptly, had it about 6 months now, about zero problems.  and cheap.

and you can negotiate more now with people, not companies.  

"oh, sorry, I lost my job and all my money.....how about 6000 instead of 10000?  oh, ok ok..."

and you can check to see if it's an old lady who isn't selling a bunch of stuff.  

but you never know.  i bought some shoes.  relatively cheap but i'm not sure if they are authentic; however, i still like them.....who knows

On 4/28/2020 at 11:48 AM, brokenbone said:

oh ?! whow, i didnt know that, i will copy them to the other webs on those respective sites, just that now my puter lags in spite of no game running,

Doesn't sound right. Any modern laptop fitted with a solid state drive and at least 4GB of RAM should easily run web Browsers with a multitude of tabs open.

Perhaps you have malware running on your laptop/Browser.

Cut your overheads. A clean install of the operating system to a fast SSD will remove any lag.

13 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Doesn't sound right. Any modern laptop fitted with a solid state drive and at least 4GB of RAM should easily run web Browsers with a multitude of tabs open.

Perhaps you have malware running on your laptop/Browser.

Cut your overheads. A clean install of the operating system to a fast SSD will remove any lag.

i dont have solid state drive

• Sad 1

On 4/28/2020 at 5:43 PM, Bruno123 said:

On 4/28/2020 at 5:48 PM, brokenbone said:

Actually, you should be using a password manager such as 1Password, BitWarden, LassPass, KeePass, etc  And these would integrate into all major browsers, plus have encryption of all passwords, and cloud backup.   You would only need to keep track of ONE master password and maybe some keyfile.

23 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

i dont have solid state drive

You should consider upgrading.   And add at least 4gb RAM.   I would go for 8GB stick if it will fit.

I have 20gb and can use 50-60% usage, but that is running a 20+ tabs in 1-2 browsers, plus several other programs running.

2 hours ago, 4evermaat said:

Actually, you should be using a password manager such as 1Password, BitWarden, LassPass, KeePass, etc  And these would integrate into all major browsers, plus have encryption of all passwords, and cloud backup.   You would only need to keep track of ONE master password and maybe some keyfile.

You should consider upgrading.   And add at least 4gb RAM.   I would go for 8GB stick if it will fit.

I have 20gb and can use 50-60% usage, but that is running a 20+ tabs in 1-2 browsers, plus several other programs running.

yes, i was checking the other week what to upgrade ram with,

i am aware of the master password and give it a thought every now and then

7 hours ago, brokenbone said:

yes, i was checking the other week what to upgrade ram with,

i am aware of the master password and give it a thought every now and then

Forget about RAM, as long as you have at least 4 GB. An SSD is what you need.

What's the full model number of your machine?