EVA AIR To London

I note that EVA AIR are still flying BKK to LHR direct.

Can anyone explain the origin of their flights coming into Bangkok since commercial flights other that 'repatriation' and cargo are suspended. Are they flying in empty aircraft or is the flight origin further east and BKK simply a transit pick-up?

5 minutes ago, billd766 said:

AFAIR Eva is based in Taipei,Taiwan. 

The flight is Taipei, BKK and LHR.

At least it used to be.

Yes, and the return was LHR-BKK-TPE, but is currently missing out BKK and going direct to Taipei.

image.png.5da1434f8c24003f080bc4110242dcab.png

• Like 1

Just now, Jip99 said:

BR67 normally starts in Taipei (TPE) but I think I read somewhere that they are not taking passengers onboard from there..... basically, it id a BKK/LHR flight.

Yes, I heard exactly the same.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tiocfaidh said:

I flew back to UK 2 weeks ago on EVA.

they fly the aircraft VOID of passengers from Taipei to Bangkok, 2 hour layover and pick up at BKK for the Heathrow leg.

Seats B E F and J are blocked. You cannot change your seat after takeoff.

The food was lower standard than usual due to different suppliers. 

Trolley Dolleys were PPE up to the eyeballs and give you about 10 minutes to eat ????

I thank them for continuing to fly, as my airline has cancelled my flight 4 times

Good to hear that my old employers are still on the ball. They pay part of my pension revenue, so I need them to keep on top of things. 

• Like 1

Thanks to all for your responses. It figured that it would be a three pointer with Taipei but didn't reckon on them flying the Taipei to Bangkok leg empty.

I will probably book with them and use my cancelled Emirates return BKK to LHR at a later date.

• Like 1

Eva are flying tpe/bkk empty and passengers on bkk/lhr returning empty lhr/tpe missing bkk

i was booked to fly Eva bkk/lhr on the 12th May, some time ago that was changed to the 13th, i just looked and see that the 13th is now cancelled and flights are now 10th and 17th of May. i was hoping they would cancel for a refund, its the 2nd part of a return ticket, will have to contact travel agent and see what its worth, I didn't fancy flying back in the near future anyway.

Edited by steve187

I am not going to get into the LHR part of this discussion but I cannot get back to Seattle since EVA is not currently flying to Taipei

They were initially going to try a one trip a week schedule, on Fridays, from TPE/BKK/TPE.  Their first scheduled one was Friday May 1st but that flight was cancelled just a day after it was announced

As of right now I am wait listed on the June 3rd flight,  BKK/TPE/SEA.  If you call EVA in Bangkok make sure you have plenty of credit on your mobile, since my last three calls to them have been in excess of 30 minutes just to talk to an agent 

• Thanks 1

I was booked to fly eva air return bkk-LHR 1 May...return 10 may...they changed my return date and when I asked could I get a refund if I cancelled  I was informed yes 'Full refund'..I booked with Eva Air as frequent flyer .I was informed the money would be credited to my master card within 10 days...No refund yet..I phoned [only way to talk to anyone on Eva Air] and after a long long wait was informed that my refund will take 3-4 MONTHS.......Has this happened to anyone else and is there any way I can get my refund paid NOW?...I am concerned re the possibility of Eva going bust.

Edited by p414

7 hours ago, p414 said:

I was booked to fly eva air return bkk-LHR 1 May...return 10 may...they changed my return date and when I asked could I get a refund if I cancelled  I was informed yes 'Full refund'..I booked with Eva Air as frequent flyer .I was informed the money would be credited to my master card within 10 days...No refund yet..I phoned [only way to talk to anyone on Eva Air] and after a long long wait was informed that my refund will take 3-4 MONTHS.......Has this happened to anyone else and is there any way I can get my refund paid NOW?...I am concerned re the possibility of Eva going bust.

Many folk around the world are in the same situation.....cross your fingers and hope :thumbsup:

32 minutes ago, p414 said:

EVA took over 4 months to refund me after my LHR-BKK flight was cancelled due to the Icelandic volcano eruption.  I ended up going to their offices in Bangkok to speed it up!

Edited by brewsterbudgen

16 hours ago, p414 said:

You are lucky they are offering a refund. Canadian airlines are offering travel vouchers, which expire in 2 years or less. I called EVA today, refund for return trip is 50% of the initial ticket price.

Edited by Banana7