Nonthaburi Imm, Retirement extension, Pension route

I was under the impression that the 65k a month can come from pension, rental income, investments, ex-wife's immoral earnings, whatever. As long as it comes from outside Thailand.

'Retirees' under 65 years of age rarely get what would be called in UK, 'a pension'

Edited by stouricks
  • Like 1

On 4/27/2020 at 10:55 AM, JAS21 said:

I provided annual letter from my pension company, also showed a copy of my P60.

Did you "volunteer" these 2 particular documents off your own bat (along with the remaining supporting documentation), or did the IO you dealt with specifically ask for them?

I volunteered them ...from last year I remembered how keen the IO was to confirm that the 65,100 was in fact pension and didn’t actually expect the same this year...but was prepared just in case. As I said above this year the IO was just as keen...

3 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

Your Visa was O or OA ? I ask you the question because I do not see a request for health insurance.

In 2007 I came to Thailand with a Non-O... my wife is a Thai National (but also has a UK passport) for the first few years I extended via ‘pension’ .. then changed to 800k... then changed back to ‘pension’ last year.

Pleased that I didn’t opt for the marriage route as I read it’s all Hassle...

Edited by JAS21

3 hours ago, stouricks said:

I was under the impression that the 65k a month can come from pension, rental income, investments, ex-wife's immoral earnings, whatever. As long as it comes from outside Thailand.

'Retirees' under 65 years of age rarely get what would be called in UK, 'a pension'

I can only relate my experience at Nonthaburi... I think Ubonjoe maybe the guy to ask...

3 hours ago, stouricks said:

Immigration can ask for the source of your income that can  be any of those you mentioned except for maybe the last one. I think the reason for that is to be sure your are running the 65k baht in circles to here and back again.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JAS21 said:

In 2007 I came to Thailand with a Non-O... my wife is a Thai National (but also has a UK passport) for the first few years I extended via ‘pension’ .. then changed to 800k... then changed back to ‘pension’ last year.

Pleased that I didn’t opt for the marriage route as I read it’s all Hassle...

Thank you for answering Sir????

According to the last Royal Thai Police Directive/October 2019.  The 800k can be made up as a 'combo' of the minimum 400k you have to keep in Thai Bank now, plus 'Pension Pending' with proof.  Like 'combo' before but now with no Embassy letter available, proof from Official letters is enough.  I never see this mentioned on Ret Extension topics though ?

Thai Non-Imm O-A reqts.Oct 2019.jpg

Thai Immi 11 pages longstay details Oct 2019.pdf

39 minutes ago, Otter4 said:

Like 'combo' before but now with no Embassy letter available, proof from Official letters is enough.  I never see this mentioned on Ret Extension topics though ?

I don't see where it says anything about a official letter. Not much difference in that order for the income only or the combination of the two. It only states evidence of monthly income.

The evidence is detailed in the amendment to police order 138/2557. Download. Amendment to police order 138/2557 Revising clauses 2.18 and 2.22 to include options for proof of income

12 minutes ago, Otter4 said:

What is relevance of those 2 old news articles. That was just confirming what is written in more than one police order. The one from January was when they had to change their requirements to match what the police orders state.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2020 at 11:30 AM, stouricks said:

You could be incorrect in that assumption, depending on the office and IO you deal with.  Alhough some officies might not ask for the pension-statement, others do.  I was denied a marriage-based extension because my income was not a "government pension."   My evidence of the income - demonstrable international transfers in a bank-book plus a sworn statement from my embassy - was not accepted.

4 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

You could be incorrect in that assumption, depending on the office and IO you deal with.  Alhough some officies might not ask for the pension-statement, others do.  I was denied a marriage-based extension because my income was not a "government pension."   My evidence of the income - demonstrable international transfers in a bank-book plus a sworn statement from my embassy - was not accepted.

My IO officer in P'lok said he would be happy as long as 12 x monthly transfers plus some dosh in the bank add up to 800k. I am going for 50k x 12 plus 200k = 800k.

Edited by stouricks

Thanks Ubonjoe, I always read your comments as they are so informed.  The only thing I would add is that the October 2019 directive (with 'combo' partly reinstated) states at the bottom that it supercedes all previous orders.   So why are Immigration not taking this int account ? 400k + Pension pending with proof is what it asks for.  I would be pleased to hear your views on this.  Phuket News Editor, was agreeing with me and could not see why Phuket Immigration were failing to apply their own rules.

7 hours ago, Otter4 said:

So why are Immigration not taking this int account ? 400k + Pension pending with proof is what it asks for.

Because it is Phuket. They have history of making up their own rules.

The combination option has been in the police orders for very long time. The problem was is they did not want to do them when proving income with transfers into the country.

Thank you once again Ubonjoe.  So it seems Phuket Immigration are a law unto themselves ?  Phuket News Editor specifically went to see guy in charge at Phuket Immigration.  Hence the source of those 2 articles I sent, saying Official Pension letters/docs accepted, (for those without affidivits now)  So Phuket Immigration lie ?

On 4/29/2020 at 12:13 PM, stouricks said:

My IO officer in P'lok said he would be happy as long as 12 x monthly transfers plus some dosh in the bank add up to 800k. I am going for 50k x 12 plus 200k = 800k.

Please do post back here with the details, after the fact.  This could be helpful to others applying at that office.