Further signs of desperation...

timendres

1 hour ago, timendres said:

Let's put you on a 12,000 baht salary, rent for your shoebox room is 3,000 baht, pay for commuting to work every day in BKK, electric, water, phone, food, supplies, then see how much you save each month.

And  let's  ad some realism , many share  rooms 4-5  to a  room so rent is  not 3000 often its 3000 for a month the entire  room shared with others, they also  buy secondhand  clothes or should do, they don't use the BTS they eat the cheapest  food. Phone is  not a necessity.

My Wife  did  all of this before I came into her  life and she managed to save ok.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

..... and I believe the restrictions will stand until at least 31st July.

Can't go that long, the US is about to lift restrictions and they have over 50,000 deaths, they have to get the economy kick started before it's too late.

Part restrictions will come into play 1 May I say, as for international flights, bars, cinema's, stadiums and the like, forget it, end of May if lucky enough, but 1 July possibly for those. Restaurants, shopping centres and the like to reopen come 1 May, we aren't far off it, so the verdict will be in sooner than later.

3 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Very sad.  Also just reading about one more Thai suicide of a poor family, due to lack of money and no 5K from the government. This ineffective and unnecessary lock in business needs to be ended now.  This cure is far worse than the disease for many millions of people world wide..  

No man will commit a suicide because of a sudden financial impact. There must be a long period of underlying reason or mental depression. Especially bring out 'no 5k' for the cause of suicide is too cheap make up story. This is a prime example of how this digital media fabricates fake story. Human survives all kinds of misery. Suicide is a mental disease caused by depression or brain wash.   

Edited by Retarded
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Snow Leopard said:

Its worldwide. Paycheck to Paycheck. It all started in 2008 and now this is Season 2 of klicking the can down the road and stimulus not helping real people. 

It started a lot earlier than 2008.

Probably that problem exists since paychecks exist.

2 hours ago, Oldie said:

You are right and I started very poor too. But I only bought what I could afford and never ever needed a credit. In respect of my girlfriend - a car is very expensive and I warned her before she bought it. But the government supported this at this time. And I am afraid already if the car will need an expensive repair. But she is not alone with such a problem and the people need to learn to buy only what they can afford or to live with the consequences. 

Courtesy of Western Capitalist Consumerism: Advertise and offer you the World to make you discontented, Sell you the World to put you in debt, enslave you to work, work, work the rest of your life, stressed and unhappy, trying to pay it off.

• Like 2

If they do open it up, who is going to spend, won't be the falangs err I mean russians lining up for free food. All the massgae shops would open and have few cusomers and the owners would be paying electric and other bills etc. Would the malls be half empty? I guess it boils down to how much of pattayas economy can survive on its own, hotels will still be empty, moto taxis still won't have many fares, baht buses etc.

Anyone up to speed on pattayas economy beyond what tourism and mongering brings?

8 hours ago, jadee said:

I wonder what the chat in the first post meant 'money is not enough, the water bill is not enough at all' - I get the lack of money, but what's water got to do with it? Not enough cash to pay the water bill? 
Also where are second hand markets and how do you find one? Thanks 

If i understand the chat and the photo in the OP post it seems

the Thai friends are moving from their actual location to another place

maybe back to the village or to an appartement with a cheaper rent.  

Then they have probably sell some stuff to the neighbours

(Or on bathsold, marketplace or another internet site)

That's my understanding but maybe the OP can be more precise about it?

11 hours ago, greeneking said:

9 more cases today in a country of 70 million and they want to extend for one more month!

Cases of suicide will outnumber deaths from the virus.

Only nine new cases today?how many people are being tested daily?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pilotman said:

This cure is far worse than the disease for many millions of people world wide..  

the virus is real, the pandemic is not.

Thailand just follow the global madness, ordered by the WHO lunatics.

sweden did not exercise any lockdown, life goes there as normal,

result is much better than spain france

and germany (2000 dead for 10 million population).

thailand does not need a lockdown. tropical weather does indeed stop the spread.

10 hours ago, Oldie said:

the people need to learn to buy only what they can afford or to live with the consequences

what the hell are you talking about?

you have a caveman way of thinking.

with 12,000 baht a month salary you can't afford much anyway, it is

a starvation salary that does not allow you to save more than 2-3 months

living expenses.

shame to see you criticise such poor people.

shame to see hard working people being dragged to hard poverty by

useless criminal lockdown.

just one month lockdown, and it's enough to destroy 30-40% of the economy,

many jobsa will never come back.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, samsensam said:

they dont have the data or organisational ability to deal with the problem effectively, hence they give everyone x amount of money.

well, to begin with, thai employers gave such low salaries, that the majority

of thai workers are poor anyway, and just survive on starvation salaries

from month to month.

once they don't get their salaries for a month or two, they can real

start dying from starvation or madness, and that is a very dangerous

situation for the stingy thai employers as well.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Yes, good old monks.  Trust them to make a profit out of people's misery.  Blood sucking Parasites on society. 

Agreed, but could you come back with a league table of the top ten blood sucking parasites that exist in LOS, Pilotman.  The monks are definitely in the top three, if that helps.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Yes, good old monks.  Trust them to make a profit out of people's misery.  Blood sucking Parasites on society. 

this is not right saying them parasites -   it is a a religion  like any other religion  .and in every religion you find these with different names  monks, priests, pastors ,mullas ..  

11 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Part of the problem is also that many people, not only in Thailand, need all their usual monthly income to pay for rent, electricity, leasing of the car and the phone and whatever. If they earn even a few THB less then they have already a big problem.

How many individual or families can even go on for one month without their regularly income? It seems many.

But you advocate lockdown, OneMoreFarang.  What is the answer to balancing this lockdown for society in the short- and long- term? 

1 hour ago, torturedsole said:

But you advocate lockdown, OneMoreFarang.  What is the answer to balancing this lockdown for society in the short- and long- term? 

Why do you think I advocate lockdown?

At least I wouldn't call it lockdown when people can still go out between 4am to 10pm, most people can work, etc. I am out on my bike every day, I go to the market and supermarket, drink my morning coffee, work. Life goes on.

Obviously people who work(ed) i.e. in bars and restaurants have a difficult time and they should be supported.

I like a balanced approach. The problem is obviously to find the right balance. And to make good decisions about that balance lots of detailed data and experts are necessary. I don't have the data and I am no expert. Until now I think the Thai government reacted relative balanced to the crisis.

4 hours ago, roaming2019 said:

this is not right saying them parasites -   it is a a religion  like any other religion  .and in every religion you find these with different names  monks, priests, pastors ,mullas ..  

I call them parasites because they feed off the community. Religion doesn't come into it.  They are a bunch of self serving, selfish individuals, many of them in this country there to avoid a jail sentence, begging food and goods off people who have little themselves.  That seems to me the very definition of a parasite. The amount of gold seen in the poorest community temples is an affront to decency.