Booze industry urges govt to lift prohibition

snoop1130

4 hours ago, shinawhat said:

Is anyone aware of another country that has banned alcohol due to the virus? The only country that I could find was South Africa, due to riots in the streets....seems like if alcohol was the problem, more countries would have implemented a ban......even China never banned its sale......

The alcohol ban will be lifted when Chinese tourists are allowed to vacation in Thailand. Maybe by the end of the year. LOL

6 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Not everyone that drinks alcolhol gets drunk, in fact, most people don't. Most problems are created by people that think they can shove their values in everybody's face. Mind your own business. 

One problem is that alcohol makes some people aggressive ????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

Just thought you thought that alcohol was banned given the link. The relax was not baiting at all. Just saying that if they ban it (and i doubt it) it would have been mentioned in that link you gave. It was not. They can still ban it. But I highly doubt it. (then again you never know but if i were a betting man id bet there would be no extention of the ban)

You thought wrong. I didn't post a link it was a quote, the link could have been linked to the Bangkok Post even though Richard was quoting from there.

If I was a betting man, which I'm not it would be too tricky to call at the moment, I would give odds of evens of it going either way.

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

You thought wrong. I didn't post a link it was a quote, the link could have been linked to the Bangkok Post even though Richard was quoting from there.

If I was a betting man, which I'm not it would be too tricky to call at the moment, I would give odds of evens of it going either way.

I really doubt it, you guys are vocal.. what do you think of the Thai populace especially the poorer who see drink as an escape. I doubt the junta would want to create too much resentment. That would come back to bite them in the ass. 

9 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Not everyone that drinks alcolhol gets drunk, in fact, most people don't. Most problems are created by people that think they can shove their values in everybody's face. Mind your own business. 

Agree. It's nice to stick half a glass in the spag bol and drink a couple of glasses while eating. Just because I enjoy that doesn't mean I'm a raving alky and go on the rampage after it.

A long time ago while working in Italy the factory canteen

( more like a restaurant to be honest ) supplied a small glass of wine or small beer as part of the lunch. I thought it was very civilised.

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

There has been no announcement re end booze ban. The booze ban as I understand it was regional govs. They all just followed each other. Was Phuket the first? Anyway the BS should be ended April 31

Thought there was only 30 days in April?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Oldie said:

Some people, some people are aggressive without alcohol. We get it, you don't like alcohol. Some people do, no need to ban the sale of alcohol. As always, you target the people that do get aggressive, without denying everyone to endulge. Hardly rocket science. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, scotsdude said:

Thought there was only 30 days in April?

That shows you when they lift the ban. At April 31. Only the year is open.

Seems that important people have less relation into the F&B Business.

I think the malls, which can be only money washing business due to the always empty shops, are more the target of interest and that's why the Chinese tourist are more welcome.

18 hours ago, redwood1 said:

And why is Chang and Singha not also asking for the ban to be lifted? They should be speaking the loudest that is unless they are being rewarded to be quiet....

Must be selling well even in the ban.

Just now, Chicken George said:

Lift the ban on off license sales but keep the bars closed etc. Drink at home.

That is what most other countries do at the moment. To be honest, if the numbers in Thailand are right, I see no reason why they cannot open up the bars pretty soon. Urge social distancing to be enforced and there should be no problem. 

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Rubbish. I can afford both and 7/11 deliver whatever you want. Well except for booze as gov placed stupid ban. Interestingly no other country did.  

I don't like rules, especially stupid rules.

Obviously your solipsism helps you get though tough times.The majority of Thai's are poor and under educated hence they are stuck in survival mode, hence most people would hit the bottle given half the chance in steady of buying food for their families. 

19 minutes ago, Oldie said:

What do you think about the thousands of alcoholics, they are being calm without? There are a lot of Thai drinkers and of course even resident Farang. But most of the Farang can handle the alcohol and drink at home without making party.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Lordy look at all the poor suffering alcoholics here. Tsk tsk. How about if all you whiners take some of the money you've saved from not buying booze and donate it for, or buy, food for the Thai people who are really suffering from need right now?

...really!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, transam said:

So you don't like a glass of Red wine with your lunch, I do....

Do you have a problem with that...?

..not at all..I said 'here we come (Thailand) back from the draconian rule into the normal world'.

1 minute ago, tandor said:

..not at all..I said 'here we come (Thailand) back from the draconian rule into the normal world'.

Oh well, but if you read my post and your reply to me it reads differently, but.....????

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, MayPutThai said:

That shows you when they lift the ban. At April 31. Only the year is open.

Seems that important people have less relation into the F&B Business.

I think the malls, which can be only money washing business due to the always empty shops, are more the target of interest and that's why the Chinese tourist are more welcome.

So, are you saying we can have a beer April 31?  Which is good because I've been dry since February 30th.

• Haha 2