Booze industry urges govt to lift prohibition

snoop1130

39 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

There has been no announcement re end booze ban. The booze ban as I understand it was regional govs. They all just followed each other. Was Phuket the first? Anyway the BS should be ended April 31

That will be never then? ???? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, redwood1 said:

And why is Chang and Singha not also asking for the ban to be lifted? They should be speaking the loudest that is unless they are being rewarded to be quiet....

Perhaps they,'re earning more distilling alcohol into hand wash than they were brewing beer.

• Haha 2

The only pro i see of letting the ban go on is the entertainment value of the addicts on Thaivisa moaning about alcohol or proudly displaying how much alcohol they have. It helps lighten my day up in these lock-down situations.

Having said that for the poorer population this ban is a blessing people can pay their bills and food first and don't (cant spend) on alcohol. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, zoza said:

its already done i hear booked two flights an hour ago

sorry i got a message that most of the restrictions have been extended for one month and everyone was talking on TVF  about the relaxing of restrictions.

that included the Alcohol ban( that would stop songkran crowds and the beer ect) 

the fact that the Songkran holiday finished a week ago seems to have been forgotten 

but hey we might get all the shopping malls reopened? like all the markets? but no bars no beaches, i can see the Tourists flying back by the plane load, to get to the shopping malls and markets...amazing Thailand ...but i am due a holiday as i thin too much when i try and fathom what is going on here.

Edited by zoza

27 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

what an utterly moronic comment

I don't agree with him but that doesn't make it moronic. I've got plenty to last me but the wife is craving for some red wine. She's even considered buying some spy red to fill the void.

Im convinced the alcohol ban will be extended by at least another month. People who stay home the whole day are getting bored stiff, and will drink more than usual, leading to weaker immune systems and domestic violence..

See the ban as an opportunity to detox and cleanse your liver. 6 months no alcohol will do.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

Can I just say Rob you do not have to be an addict to enjoy a beer, its called freedom of choice.

The way some people moan and keep stock and brew their own stuff seems like an addiction too me. But sure its a freedom of choice. But if your that dependent on it shows at least an unhealthy link. That is just me, seems similar to people who smoke a package per day. 

Still people should be able to drink smoke what they want as long as they dont bother others.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I ran out of booze yesterday.

Same here, had a bottle of Hong Tong I'd been hoarding since the beginning of this saga. Yesterday I cracked. I'm guessing there are a few guys like me, not alcoholics exactly, but need to have a good blow out every now and then. Keeps us meek and mild, and on the wagon, the rest of the time. Freud said alcohol is pretty much essential to the functioning of modern society, I tend to agree. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Canuck1966 said:

A lovely glass of wine with a steak or an ice cold beer with a hot curry is what life is all about.

I'm not a teetotaler, but I dislike alcohol with my meals. Great before and after, but I'm sure the teetotalers are very happy without the booze plus food, too.

15 hours ago, timendres said:

The ban made some sense during the traditional Songkran dates. Now it is ignorant.

can't have people enjoying anything during this misery - there is no rational reason for this ban for the vast majority of people who would like to consume within in their own homes, if they don't want people drinking outdoors then ban that 

• Like 2

Just now, smedly said:

can't have people enjoying anything during this misery - there is no rational reason for this ban for the vast majority of people who would like to consume within in their own homes, if they don't want people drinking outdoors then ban that 

It's treating the whole population like they are irresponsible kids 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, timendres said:

The ban made some sense during the traditional Songkran dates. Now it is ignorant.

What was ignorant, were people buying alcohol and still gathering together in public to drink.

If they had half a brain-cell they would have bought booze to drink at home or at least indoors somewhere, but as usual they continued in their old ways and forced the ban.

I hope they learnt their lesson... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1