Booze industry urges govt to lift prohibition

snoop1130

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

I find Anutins comment that " we can't sell beer as we have no vaccine yet", as further proof of his complete inadequacy to hold any public office, let alone be the health minister.

Is he seriously suggesting we can't buy alchohol for another year plus, that being the time it is likely to take? Tourism will just love that one, eh?

His incompetence, stupidity and blatant racist comments, make him quite possibly the worst person on the planet to be allowed to run anything. Pound against a pile of dog poo, we can buy beer again before there is a vaccine.

If Prayut insists on keeping him in office, at least muzzle the fool to stop him creating further embarrassment.

An absolute idiot? Absolutely agree.

As health minister though, when the final payback hits the fan, you are going to have a full on prize monkey sat squarely in the "absolutely guilty M'Lord" bracket.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Aww, I think it's cute that Anutin actually thinks the ban is up to him. 

He wouldn't care about the plebs. I'm sure he is stocked enough with alcohol and other drugs. You can tell by his behaviour of posting twits that he is a consumer????

14 minutes ago, Thunder26 said:

I would be careful posting an illegal activity at the moment plus giving away the location. There are a lot of vultures at present looking for any opportunity to financially punish the "wrong doers". Enjoy your beer ????

Which village did he say he lived in the Chiang Rai District amongst 25 others. Enjoy you Horlicks.

6 minutes ago, norfolkandchance said:

Which village did he say he lived in the Chiang Rai District amongst 25 others. Enjoy you Horlicks.

Isn't Chiang Rai a location? Do you think it's difficult for those guys to track the IP if they want to? I just advised as a friend to be more cautious during these times, as they are not normal. I know a shop in Pattaya that was fined 80 000 Baht for selling beer during the ban. I've heard from several local shops that there are a lot of dodgy guys on motorcycles spying on them to make the mistake of selling the booze. Many people are out of jobs and they are looking for any opportunity to cash something now, whatever it takes. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

It's not great rating. What is worse Thai Bev can't keep their standards on making beer. Very often their bathces have a different alcohol volume. Cheers used to be 5%, now it's less. Archa back and forth, from 5.4% to 4.7%, then to 5% and now to 4.5%(not sure, but it is less than 5%), Chang from 6.4% to 5%, Federbrau as well back and forth. I haven't seen anything like that anywhere in the world with their beer brands. They are just being inconsistent and taking a <deleted> out of their customers.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Thunder26 said:

It's not great rating. What is worse Thai Bev can't keep their standards on making beer. Very often their bathces have a different alcohol volume. Cheers used to be 5%, now it's less. Archa back and forth, from 5.4% to 4.7%, then to 5% and now to 4.5%(not sure, but it is less than 5%), Chang from 6.4% to 5%, Federbrau as well back and forth. I haven't seen anything like that anywhere in the world with their beer brands. They are just being inconsistent and taking a <deleted> out of their customers.

Are you really that dumb that you don't know it has nothing to do with standards, but actually the tax which is calculated on the alcohol content?

And those that think that a beer need to have a high alcohol content to be tasteful, should make an appointment with alcoholics anonymous.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, robblok said:

Its one of the drugs that creates the most violence. Weed is far better (health wise) if you vape or eat it. But sure some people can use alcohol without violence. Too bad a lot of people cannot. Too bad its not legal here yet (weed).

For me its a bit of fun to see peoples drug of choice banned, now they know how it feels for those who like other drugs. Maybe they learn something from it. 

And if you combine the two, ahh heaven times two.

• Like 2

Is anyone aware of another country that has banned alcohol due to the virus? The only country that I could find was South Africa, due to riots in the streets....seems like if alcohol was the problem, more countries would have implemented a ban......even China never banned its sale......

10 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Perhaps it is worth noting that since 1989 it has the WHO classification of a Class 1 carcinogen.

WHO also says that China did a great job at containing the pandemic and that there was no need to worry in the rest of the world........

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Venom said:

Cheers and Tiger are owned by Heineken. 

when did Heineken buy Thai Asia Pacific Brewery Company Limited ?

I thought they were owned by Thai Life Insurance Public Co. Ltd.

14 hours ago, redwood1 said:

And why is Chang and Singha not also asking for the ban to be lifted? They should be speaking the loudest that is unless they are being rewarded to be quiet....

They do their share within the parliament, as that is the place, where their advocates are sitting.

13 hours ago, wordchild said:

In what sense has it "worked"?

Well I think most importantly the ban means that people are better off spending their beer money on food or paying bills. Also it means less people queuing up for food hand outs that bring people into close contact. Drunks don't follow rules.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1