TeaMonkey

If a COVID-19 vaccine was available today, would you take it   

201 members have voted

1. 1. [Poll] If a COVID-19 vaccine was available today, would you take it

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm confused

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2020 at 04:59 PM

10 minutes ago, lkv said:

People will travel without a covid vaccine, just like they travelled without a flu vaccine.

Depends on politics. Governments may forbid entry without proof of vaccination. They already do it for certain diseases.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

10 hours ago, Max69xl said:

"I have never had a flu shot"

Then your one of the stupid ones,and don't have the right to complain if you get infected. When a working vaccin is available in Thailand, I promise that you won't be able to enter Thailand without having that shot. People in Thailand will imo need to have that shot. 

You are very quick to judge. 

I got my first and last flu shot in the USA in early 1980's and had a very negative reaction to it as IronTongue says in his post right below yours, #55.

For the next 12 hours I got a fever and honestly thought I would die. I fell asleep and woke in the early hours with the fever gone and feeling fine. I never took the shot again and even living in snowy Colorado never got the flu again either. In general I have a strong immune system with no known allergies due to a good diet and/or good genes so I've relied on that thus far. 

That said, now I'm 70 and will definitely get a vaccine shot when I judge a safe one is available. 

Until then I'll follow reasonable safety measures and avoid exposure as much as possible. That's not a huge burden for me as I don't normally go out much anyway. My Thai lady is a homebody as well but misses seeing her family. 

I do find the distancing and closure issues confining and aggravating and look forward to them being safely lifted. 

I may be forced to get a shot earlier than I'd like as I must do a border crossing eventually to drop my OA visa permission extension and return to get an O visa, avoiding the woeful Thai insurance requirement. 

We'll see how that works for me. 

I've never had a flu shot and I'm not some conspiracy loony.

I first inquired after one with my then Canberra doctor about 15 years ago and he said: Nah, you don't need one. Besides, it's always a vaccine for last year's flu, not this year's.

And I've never had 'the flu' in all my 70 years, despite spending my childhood in cold & wet NZ with miserable winters in a cold damp house (as they all were in those days). I got sore throats and 'colds' but never to my recollection the flu.

4 hours ago, lkv said:

People will travel without a covid vaccine, just like they travelled without a flu vaccine.

If a vaccine is created it will be required for international travel, so no choice for me.

The "last year" flu vaccine won't necessarily keep one from getting the flu, but it can keep you 

from dying if you do get the flu, or decrease severity of infection. This is fact.

https://www.choc.org/news/14-myths-and-misconceptions-about-the-flu-vaccine/

32 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

I've never had a flu shot and I'm not some conspiracy loony.

I first inquired after one with my then Canberra doctor about 15 years ago and he said: Nah, you don't need one. Besides, it's always a vaccine for last year's flu, not this year's.

And I've never had 'the flu' in all my 70 years, despite spending my childhood in cold & wet NZ with miserable winters in a cold damp house (as they all were in those days). I got sore throats and 'colds' but never to my recollection the flu.

sore throat = flu

23 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

ive never been blocked

they usually do it for lt stayers not tourists

I wasn't entirely correct. They do if you come from certain countries with specific diseases related to those countries and you need to be vaccinated for those diseases.

On 4/27/2020 at 7:34 PM, Retarded said:

And I'm not sure whether I would take one made in China.

Just speculating... for whatever vaccine ends up being offered in Thailand, what country do you think that particular vaccine likely will have been developed and/or manufactured in?

Thailand most likely will want the best that China has to offer, especially since China was so good as to grace Thailand with the CV in the first place!

14 hours ago, Max69xl said:

"I have never had a flu shot"

Then your one of the stupid ones,and don't have the right to complain if you get infected. When a working vaccin is available in Thailand, I promise that you won't be able to enter Thailand without having that shot. People in Thailand will imo need to have that shot. 

Hey Mr gung-ho injection man.....You can have my flu shot and my vaccine....

Vaccines take 5 to 10 years for mass distribution to take place. The 12 to 18 month estimates are for everything to go 100% perfectly in every stage of development, which has never happened before. If herd immunity is possible, nobody knows whether it is or it isn't, then herd immunity will most likely occur far before a vaccine ever gets developed, so it's possible a vaccine may never be developed. The worst case scenario is no herd immunity and no vaccine, in that case, Covid-19 will hang around and be killing the weak forever. I'm guessing that we will attain some herd immunity but it will take years to do so and a semi effective vaccine will be ever be developed, not because they didn't try but because it's just not possible to make an effective one. I hope that I am wrong but reading up on this corona virus and vaccines for corona virus's, in general, is not very encouraging.

It seems most of the people who have posted would not take the vaccine right now if it became available today.....

The NO vote was winning very heavily in the first 24 hours of the vote.....And then out of the blue the YES vote came roaring back and over took the NO vote???......But most of the new YES votes did not make any posts..... 

Edited by redwood1

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

It seems most of the people who have posted would not take the vaccine right now if it became available today.....

The NO vote was winning very heavily in the first 24 hours of the vote.....And then out of the blue the YES vote came roaring back and over took the NO vote???......But most of the new YES votes did not make any posts..... 

With Bill Gates referring to "myself and other health experts" in a recent BBC interview that went completely unchallenged, and with no mention whatsoever as to why he/BBC are so heavily in bed with each other it pays to have an open mind.

Edited by evadgib