Thai driving: Truck ends on its side after collision with delivery vehicle

webfact

Thai driving: Truck ends on its side after collision with delivery vehicle

10pm.jpg

video screenshot

Footage on the fan page "Hear Khap Rot" was featured on Channel 7 news. 

The presenter said that last week there was a story about a delivery firm damaging customers' parcels in a throwing incident. 

This week a delivery firm's truck pulled out while overtaking without so much as an indicator light. 

The large truck coming up the rear couldn't stop in time, lost a wing mirror then ended up on its side. 

The good news was that no one was injured and the delivery truck was stopped by police further down the road. 

The clip features a solitary Thai swear word: Hear, or water monitor. 

It caused much online comment to ensue. 

Source: Channel 7

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-28

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

This week a delivery firm's truck pulled out while overtaking without so much as an indicator light. 

standard M O ..

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The clip features a solitary Thai swear word: Hear, or water monitor. 

Think I might have made that clucking water monitor .. 

Edited by Justgrazing
Sp

1 hour ago, LawrenceN said:

I'm a little confused by the physics. How did the broken mirror get thrown forward in front of the camera? 

My guess is when he hit the truck in front it caused his truck to slow and as it snapped the mirror which did not slow so it went forward.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cnx355 said:

I think braking a little would be better than  honking and no accident would have happened. ! THai drivers do not anticipate. Just the usual day on the roads !

The delivery truck is a Thai Post truck.
The way he got out, we can't know if a few km before the guy who went to bed wouldn't have made a mess of him;

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LawrenceN said:

I'm a little confused by the physics. How did the broken mirror get thrown forward in front of the camera? 

52 minutes ago, marquis22 said:

My guess is when he hit the truck in front it caused his truck to slow and as it snapped the mirror which did not slow so it went forward.

Yep, same guess. Inertial force.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LawrenceN said:

Could it be because the mirror continued at approximately the same speed as the truck it was attached to drove at before the truck hit the slower delivery vehicle, just like Thai ragdolls loaded onto pickup trucks?

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The large truck coming up the rear couldn't stop in time, lost a wing mirror then ended up on its side. 

He was going at a fair lick.. but the overtaking truck was at fault.

No indicator light and waiting untill he's in the other trucks ass before overtaking , just another day on thailands roads . I got my thai car and motorbike license 2 months ago and never ever experienced something so ridicoulesly easy and still people are failing . Getting your driving license on a parking lot and not understanding nothing about how traffic works before getting on the roads IN THE MIDDLE OF TRAFFIC without any practice whatsoever is really bonkers and even adding more deaths to the total then speed and alcohol . 

11 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

No indicator light and waiting untill he's in the other trucks ass before overtaking , just another day on thailands roads

It is not specific to driving in Thailand.
You don't have to drive often in Europe.
By their egotistical behavior, motorists of all countries, except in UK where courtesy is a rule (or was, it is a long time since I have been there), find themselves confronted with this: a truck overtaking another begins by deporting before occasionally putting his direction indicator otherwise he will never get there.
By cons what I never see in Thailand, it is the little call of the lighthouse of the truck that is passed so that the one which passing by  can quickly fold down safely.

The truck with the camera, the one that ended up on it's side, was not speeding - just going faster than the slower one that pulled out in front of him, the one that pulled out displays a very typical trait here......"i am the only one on the road and i will do whatever and go wherever i feel like"!!!