Attempts to Pay PEA Bill

ProbPossConf

Several attempts to pay my current electric bill, usually done online via K-Plus app, had been unsuccessful for the last few days.

Error messages appeared stating contract number does not show a balance or system not available online.

Went to the PEA shop at Meechoke Plaza...Closed due to COVID-19.  A posted notice in Thai directed inquiries to the Sansai Electrical Authority.

So journeyed to the Sansai office on the road to Mae Jo.  About 15 people in the office area all trying to pay their bills.

A helpful young lady who spoke English checked my bill and scanned the barcode several times. Puzzled looks when no computer response.

She then advised me to try my online payment on May 7th since the PEA system is down for upgrade.  Requested to pay cash for the bill but she said to wait until May 7 and pay online.  When questioned about loss of electricity for late payment, she assured me that will not happen.

Before leaving the office, it was quite evident other people were also confused about not being able to pay their electric bills.   

Will be trying before May 7 on my K-Plus app.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, johng said:

My wife informs me that "they" are now going to give free electric for this month (well last month really as you pay in arrears for what you used )

maybe next month too this may explain why you cant pay the bill..because there is nothing to pay ????

Paid my bill in person yesterday. 3400 baht (1000 baht higher than normal) they took the money. lets hope you are right about free electric. 

23 minutes ago, chingmai331 said:

PEA bills can be paid at every 7/11 shop.  Paid mine last week.  Cash only, add 10 baht fee.

I have found that to be true too. Mini Big-G wanted to see my passport, so I just strolled across the  street to 7-11. Never had a problem since.

Charge usually appears in PEA app 1 to 2 days after paper bill arrives. Now 6 days and nothing in app as yet.

My PWA bill was exactly the same as last month even thought I had used less water.

I paid two bills via the app this week without any problem. One qualified for, and received, a 3% discount, the other did not.
I had some difficulty paying last month; uninstalled & reinstalled the app and no more problem. 

Another bill coming this Friday and, OP, I'll PM you if the app continues to work for me

19 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Paid my bill in person yesterday. 3400 baht (1000 baht higher than normal) they took the money. lets hope you are right about free electric. 

Of course you did. They saw ATM in your eyes and coming out your ears. No need to give NCC a break. ????

19 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

I tried to pay at a PEA Office  last Friday. Could not.....Payments  deferred until November  I was told. 

Why not set up an auto payment with PEA..mine gets transfered monthly,whether im in the country or no,works perfectly for sevrral yrs.

21 hours ago, johng said:

My wife informs me that "they" are now going to give free electric for this month (well last month really as you pay in arrears for what you used )

maybe next month too this may explain why you cant pay the bill..because there is nothing to pay ????

As in most cases the staff have no clue....

'The Hills Are Alive With The Sound Of Music'. In this case, the jungle drums. Have heard from a few fairly reliable sauces that Electricity bills will be either reduced by 50% or in some cases no payment taken. If you can hold off until after May 1st, all will be known then. Rumour at this stage admittedly, but pretty strong.

• Like 1

Just attempted to pay mine here...

การไฟฟ้าส่วนภูมิภาคจังหวัดเชียงใหม่ 2 Provincial Electricity Authority Chiang Mai 2

It's near the 700 year stadium, easy to get to, not busy.

I couldn't pay in 7-11 because it was late. Infact they said the bill was from last year <deleted>? ( That's another story, just moved into new condo)  Anyway they said to come back between the 5th and 11th of next month because the bills are being adjusted in consideration of a discount. 

22 hours ago, johng said:

There were bills this month. I paid mine online a few days ago. The free bills are for a consumption of <150kWh with a 5 Amp meter. I have a hard time believing you're in that category. That covers a fan and a small fridge + a couple of lamps. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Marcous said:

Just attempted to pay mine here...

การไฟฟ้าส่วนภูมิภาคจังหวัดเชียงใหม่ 2 Provincial Electricity Authority Chiang Mai 2

It's near the 700 year stadium, easy to get to, not busy.

I couldn't pay in 7-11 because it was late. Infact they said the bill was from last year <deleted>? ( That's another story, just moved into new condo)  Anyway they said to come back between the 5th and 11th of next month because the bills are being adjusted in consideration of a discount. 

This month the discount was only 3%, and the discounts for three different groups depending on consumption will kick in next month. That's what I read online about 10 days ago. 

23 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Never been able to use the App. Pay mine on line using website. But fiddly but always works with link to Krungsri.

The app works perfectly if you know how to use it. You're not actually paying with the app, you are just initiating the payment when chosing payment method. Then you have to open your bank app and check notifications,and then pay the bill. It's faster to use a bank app if PEA is in the payee list. Paying using Kasikorn Bank takes maybe 20 seconds if PEA is saved as a favourite.

41 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Mine is automatic deduction from bank account. Why hassle over the bill every month?

Automatic payment doesn't work for everybody. Where I'm staying only condo owners can do that. When renting, you pay every month. But it takes maybe 20 seconds doing it using a bank app as long as PEA is in the payee list. I am surprised why so many people pays their bills in stores or at PEA offices instead of doing it online. It's so easy.

2 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Yes, you can also pay it at Big C, no fee added but you have to show your passport.

I just paid mine yesterday, 241 bahts. 

It's free when paying online. Why go to Big C or other stores? Just out of curiosity,do you live in a shoe box with one fan? 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Our bill is due next week. I went to the local 7-11 where a lovely ladyboy assisted me. They're going all out with the eye makeup, now that the rest is covered with a mask.

She said I couldn't pay. I asked why? My Thai's not all there quite yet. I put my thorasaph with Google Translate up to her mask, and the result to me came: "No outstanding balance". Hmm.

Having free electric for awhile would be great, yeah. Just hope they don't shut us off.