Attempts to Pay PEA Bill

ProbPossConf

22 hours ago, chingmai331 said:

PEA bills can be paid at every 7/11 shop.  Paid mine last week.  Cash only, add 10 baht fee.

Ah, problem there is you can only do that if the bill is not overdue. My bill comes in around the 12/13 of the month and my wages/pension go in at the end of the month or the beginning of the following month meaning I HAVE to go to the PEA shop to pay. Since that is closed because of Covid 19 I have been trying to pay online. The PEA site says Krungsri Bank payment is accepted but the Krungsri Bank app and online service does not have PEA only MEA. Tried using easyBills service but they only accept CREDIT cards not debit cards. All a bit of a farce really. Cant pay PEA directly online and they shut their offices, ah well, they can wait for their money.

19 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

The app works perfectly if you know how to use it. You're not actually paying with the app, you are just initiating the payment when chosing payment method. Then you have to open your bank app and check notifications,and then pay the bill. It's faster to use a bank app if PEA is in the payee list. Paying using Kasikorn Bank takes maybe 20 seconds if PEA is saved as a favourite.

We live directly across from the local PEA office and even got invited to a party there when the previous head of the office got transferred.

A couple of months ago, I went over there with my wife, gave my mobile to the guy behind the desk and asked him to show me how I could pay my bill online.

After a few minutes of messing about he handed the phone back and said "Bangkok Bank, can not".

So it looks like even PEA staff don't know how to use the app.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tucker4444 said:

Hi guys,

Can someone please inform how to put a thai id number into the PEA app as i dont have one,ive tried putting my passport number,but alas no joy..

Thanks in advance 

Google Thai ID generator.

1 hour ago, Surasak said:

'The Hills Are Alive With The Sound Of Music'. In this case, the jungle drums. Have heard from a few fairly reliable sauces that Electricity bills will be either reduced by 50% or in some cases no payment taken. If you can hold off until after May 1st, all will be known then. Rumour at this stage admittedly, but pretty strong.

Don't listen to rumours when you can get the correct information line. There are three types of users depending on consumption,<150kWh which will be free 3 months (March, April and May),<800kWh and the cost for 3 months will be same as the bill in February and >800kWh with a 50% discount on usage above February for 3 months. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

It's free when paying online. Why go to Big C or other stores? Just out of curiosity,do you live in a shoe box with one fan? 

Because of my life story (I don't go in details here) i avoid all the online payments when i can

it's a personal choice.

I live in a comfortable 38 m2 studio, it's more than enough for me and i don't use a lot the aircon 

i like the hot weather it's one of my reasons for living in Thailand

37 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

There were bills this month. I paid mine online a few days ago. The free bills are for a consumption of <150kWh with a 5 Amp meter. I have a hard time believing you're in that category. That covers a fan and a small fridge + a couple of lamps. 

The sister-in-law dropped by this morning to tell the wife that she had just tried to pay her bill at the PEA office and they had told her it was free because "she had a small meter" (that was the translation I got).

She has a couple of fans, normal sized fridge, ceiling lights and a television. The one thing she doesn't have is air-conditioning.

23 hours ago, johng said:

My wife informs me that "they" are now going to give free electric for this month (well last month really as you pay in arrears for what you used )

maybe next month too this may explain why you cant pay the bill..because there is nothing to pay ????

My wife went to the PEA office yesterday and was told to wait until next month to see what comes down from on high.

23 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Nope, usually yes, not this bill.

I tried today at 7eleven, yesterday at Tesco, the bill/ barcode won't register.

A couple of days ago I went to the 7/11 where I always pay my bill, they could not get it to work, stopped at a Lotus Express and they were able to do it no problem. Go figure

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Paid my bill in person yesterday. 3400 baht (1000 baht higher than normal) they took the money. lets hope you are right about free electric. 

You really should cut down on the number of vibrators in your household.

I went to pay my bill at the local PEA office yesterday and he would not take my money. He explained in Thai which I could not understand so he wrote a note on the bill. When I showed my wife she said that you don't have to pay until 15-16th May and you will get a discount.

On 4/28/2020 at 1:29 PM, chingmai331 said:

PEA bills can be paid at every 7/11 shop.  Paid mine last week.  Cash only, add 10 baht fee.

Yup that's what we do. Failed many times to pay online. This is just so easy and the fee is not a thing at 10 baht.

2 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Automatic payment doesn't work for everybody. Where I'm staying only condo owners can do that. When renting, you pay every month. But it takes maybe 20 seconds doing it using a bank app as long as PEA is in the payee list. I am surprised why so many people pays their bills in stores or at PEA offices instead of doing it online. It's so easy.

The tenants should be allowed to and not just the owner. Get a form from PEA to fill up.

5 hours ago, murraynz said:

Why not set up an auto payment with PEA..mine gets transfered monthly,whether im in the country or no,works perfectly for sevrral yrs.

I could  but I do not because have no problem in paying on a day I go into  local town for other things.

And in this  event it cost me nothing. Did your  auto payment  go through ?????

3 hours ago, Isaan Alan said:

I went to pay my bill at the local PEA office yesterday and he would not take my money. He explained in Thai which I could not understand so he wrote a note on the bill. When I showed my wife she said that you don't have to pay until 15-16th May and you will get a discount.

Yes, I was told something similar but once the due date has past you can no longer pay at the convenience stores etc 

7 hours ago, tucker4444 said:

Hi guys,

Can someone please inform how to put a thai id number into the PEA app as i dont have one,ive tried putting my passport number,but alas no joy..

Thanks in advance 

Passport numbers do not work.

i have been told that pink ID card numbers do

7 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Don't listen to rumours when you can get the correct information line. There are three types of users depending on consumption,<150kWh which will be free 3 months (March, April and May),<800kWh and the cost for 3 months will be same as the bill in February and >800kWh with a 50% discount on usage above February for 3 months. 

You are missing the over 3,000 units users who get 30%

i cycled into PEA office Sanpatong this morning. The security guard would not let me park my bike inside the car park, I had to leave it outside in the street.

i walked into the compound and was met by two men, not in uniform, whom I could not understand, I showed them my bill and indicated that I wanted to pay. 

One said "office peet" and the security took me by the arm and pushed me out the gate. All he would say was "Falang pai, gap baan".

I went to a nearby 7Eleven where I paid without trouble. 

Something has gone very wrong.

I still cannot pay my PEA bill online or via the app. It just shows zero.

My paper bill shows "Due date May 4", but there are three new lines that read:

"All users get 3% discount on their electricity bill as shown in the bill.

Users with 5 Amps meter type 1.1.1 do not need to pay if they use less than 90 units.

The bill for April 2020 can be paid until the 21st of October 2020"

So it looks like we do not need to pay until October if I understand this correctly... That's for PEA in Chiang Mai.

Edited by SymS
Misread July for October

Good news as my April PEA bill was successfully paid via the PEA app on K-Plus.  Previous instructions from PEA was payment would have to be attempted on May 7th, but it appears the PEA computer system is operating properly.

Good luck to all other people who have not been able to pay their bills. 

5 minutes ago, ProbPossConf said:

Good news as my April PEA bill was successfully paid via the PEA app on K-Plus.  Previous instructions from PEA was payment would have to be attempted on May 7th, but it appears the PEA computer system is operating properly.

Good luck to all other people who have not been able to pay their bills. 

Still not on my PEA app at 10:00 6th May. Maybe staging it in.

On 5/1/2020 at 9:18 AM, SymS said:

I still cannot pay my PEA bill online or via the app. It just shows zero.

My paper bill shows "Due date May 4", but there are three new lines that read:

"All users get 3% discount on their electricity bill as shown in the bill.

Users with 5 Amps meter type 1.1.1 do not need to pay if they use less than 90 units.

The bill for April 2020 can be paid until the 21st of October 2020"

So it looks like we do not need to pay until October if I understand this correctly... That's for PEA in Chiang Mai.

Same bill here in Bangkok, my wife contacted the company they told "please wait, No pay now". Same our doughter living in government appartment house, where they have electric free for 3 months and they cut the monthly appartment rate off 50%.  

Paying PEA bill for our Buriram house on the KPlus app was not working yesterday but just tried and went through fine so looks like they have sorted it out now. Paying the MEA bill for my bangkok condo bill is not working though ????

On 5/7/2020 at 6:59 AM, Dazinoz said:

The outstanding amount appeared on my PEA app this morning. Marked red as "overdue". Less than I expected, just slightly more than Februarys bill.

went to the PEA office in Doi Saket to pay the April bill.The Febr bill was 2065 baht and the April bill was 2826 baht,we had to pay for the April bill 1482 baht.